Thread: GLBTQ FA Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 05:19 AM   #348
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAssBunny View Post
I don' t know if anyone else watched any of the confirmation hearing for Hillary Clinton yesterday, but I did.
One of the questions posed to her was, (paraphrasing) "Senator Clinton, regarding the GLBT persons working for the government abroad, what will be the consideration given, if any, to offering them additional benefits regarding their partners being able to receive benefits, travel accomodations and the ability to share the living quarters with the employee while stationed abroad as other countries do for their citizens?"

Her response was (again paraphrasing) "My staff has presented me with some basic information regarding this, but this is something that we will be researching further so that possible accomodations can be made."

This is the first time I have ever seen any body in the government discussing this situation. Hopefully they will actually do something positive about it and open some doors for further discussions.
Hmm.. i always thought Hilary was a lesbian..i think we should compile a list of the people we suspect are lesbians but havnt come out yet. ala "go fish" (go pish more like) Plus why we think it!!
I'll start -Doris Day!!
OMG-calamity Jane, what more do i need to say.. Except that she lives as a recluse, with her friend and cats!?