View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 11:15 AM   #13
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When I was a child I craved attention because I was neither of my parents' favorite. In fact, I was nobodies favorite save for two degenerate uncles who I avoided like the plague, so it is no surprise to me that for the longest time I had no respect for anyone who paid me a compliment. I was suspicious of their motives.

Over time, I began to own my own beauty (because my brains, wit and humor were never in question) and relaxed and invited warm words, gestures and love.

I was in a toxic relationship where I felt compelled to beg for love and attention and became so accustomed to this famine and void of affection that now, in the beginning of a much healthier reciprocal relationship, I am often taken aback by words and gestures so freely given. My heart is wide open and entrusted to someone much more worthy who understands my love is a precious gift and in knowing that, I am able to be free, not only in this relationship but in all my relationships and dealings with others.

I did not need another to know my value, but their valuing me is a gift which I am delighted to believe and accept and return.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote