View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #28
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine22 View Post
I have lived a life of few regrets; however, the most painful regret I have is not having self-love and self-acceptance when I was a young woman. I cringe at the thought of it. Whether I was fat or thin, and I was both I never saw myself as attractive or desirable. Since I believed that I was fundamentally ugly, all my energy went into studying art and cultivating my mind to the exclusion of relationships. If a man showed any interest in me I concluded that he was crazy or a pervert. It is a mystery that I managed to get married, and my husband insisted that it was my intellect that attracted him not my body. Self acceptance began the day when I held my new born son. He was so perfect to me that I had to consider that he could not come from someone so defective.

I still feel the pain of that body hatred. Today I am more accepting of myself, and I love my body and adore that fact that I see this chubby woman when I walk past a store window. Self acceptance came late, and I lost those years when I could have enjoyed being a femme fatale.
they wouldn't let me rep you again. but i think you are still a femme fatale beautiful woman.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote