View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 06:01 PM   #8240
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Canadian, thank you very much!

There are accessibility laws here that essentially require elevators in almost all public buildings, so that those who can't use stairs, for whatever reason, can get in and out and around without too much difficulty -- so yes, you could live your life here without ever using stairs. This being a historical facility is the rare exception that doesn't have stairs, so it jumped to my mind as a possible reason he didn't come.

But really, I don't know why the IT guy wasn't there. There are all sorts of possible reasons, and I don't know him that well so have no reason to know why. I probably shouldn't have speculated about the stairs. He is the fattest guy I've ever worked with, but in truth I don't know what his physical capabilities and limits are -- the stairs might not have been an issue for him. I really wrote that post without thinking things through

(I should point out that most people here do use stairs pretty regularly, and having to avoid using stairs can be quite awkward. It is just that having no choice but to use stairs is rare enough here that it stood out in my mind)
Well I'm an ignorant dumbass. Ta-daaaa!
I'm sorry my dear Canadian friend I won't call you an American ever again :P