View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 04:20 PM   #6
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.

elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!

i hate cheesecake.
it's so thick and mealy and it gets stuck in my throat and i'd just way rather have some ice cream or sorbet or whatever.

also, on the topic of oprah-endorsed food:
years and years and YEARS ago oprah said something on her show about this little fried chicken joint in my old neighborhood, ezell's. she said it was so good that she was in the habit of having it flown in from seattle to chicago, when she threw parties.
this place was across the street from my high school at the time, and we used to go there for lunch all the time and had gotten to know the owner pretty well.
he told us that as soon as she even said the name on air, he started getting phone calls from new york, miami, toronto, everywhere from people who wanted to have chicken flown in. nearly a decade later, he's still making tons of money off that one tiny oprah mention.
it's crazy.

luckily, the chicken there is worthy of the hype.
elle camino is offline   Reply With Quote