View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
Celestial Ceece
SSBBW Singer

Celestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Awful

Gosh, that's terrible. I am going to be attending an anti-bullying workshop fairly soon and I might bring this up (ie how to deal with children who are gay or different in some way and how to handle that).

I wish that we never had to hear news like this; I wish that the world was a protected place for children, especially school environments. Unfortunately that is not the case. I remember being picked on daily in school and the only way I could deal with it was by crying every day to my mom. She sent me to a counselor. Even they couldn't help me. But I never decided to take my own life. And somehow, some way, I've made peace with the negative that has happened to me. I just feel sorry for a child who was unable to feel that security in the face of adversity.

I feel like crying right now. There are probably plenty of people here, gay, fat, minority, whatever, who grew up in an intolerant place, and dealt with bullying for whatever reason. There are probably all kinds of people who have been picked on at some point in their lives for something they can't help at all - but hopefully they have become happy, well-adjusted adults. I know that doesn't always happen and some people struggle to feel okay forever.

God Bless this child, and may he rest in peace. He deserves peace...