View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 08:28 AM   #5
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I had just gotten out of a "relationship" with a guy I had really like for a couple of years and we had been just friends and I though were moving it to the next level. Apparently I was the fat girl fling, cause he dropped me in November and married a Carly Simon look alike in January. Grant had also been my friend for a while and started coming around the camera store I was managing more, taking me for coffee and lunch. Showing up to eat his lunch while I was in the darkroom(yes in the darkroom) working on University Photography projects. I wanted nothing to do with any man after being stung. But he was persistant asking me out and I would have girlfriends meet me there, for a while Grant thought he had a harem LOL. When we finally started dating on our own( I gave up the protective gals) he took it really slow with me knowing that I had been badly hurt. To the point where one night I finally confronted him about what exactly is going on here. We have been going out for a month now and you won't let me pay for anything, call me all the time jsut to talk, and yet you have never made a move past holding my hand. It was a long speech but broke down to this Are we friends, do you want more or whats going on here? I know I am having feelings other than friendship, but don't want to ruin a good friendship. He simply reached across my lap opened up the door and said I have been thinking about the same thing Good night. Well I went in the house that night and figured I blew it would never hear from him again. But he called on his coffee break mid morning and said I blew his mind cause he had been rehearsing the same speech and was so flabbergasted that he didn't know what to say.
Things moved fairly quickly from there. Within a couple of months we were engaged and married Sept of 1985. We have had a roller coaster ride of a marriage and almost gave up a couple of times cause of the immense pressures and problems we encountered. But still together after all these years as the song goes.