View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 11:31 AM   #68
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deven View Post
HP was shut down because it could've caused legal issues for Dims (they said libel.) An unmoderated board would be no different.
Not neccessarily. That's the sticking point. Under whose laws? BBD has a background in journalism and as such I trust she knows the American laws well. It was never an issue until the international mods started coming around to Hyde Park regularly. I don't know if Agouderia, Loopy, or Tad do. Also, like many places that allow opinion pieces you can separate what the hosting party is liable for versus the actual person doing the speech.

ETA: Also, if that were automatically so, then youtube and any other comment site would have been sued and shut down long ago if the opinions and posts of commenters were gone after for libel or slander. I'm not buying that reasoning, at least not whole cloth.