Thread: Fashion Police
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 09:32 AM   #70
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
So, for those of you who are militantly casual in dress, I'm curious:

- do you agree that how we dress and groom ourselves play an important role in how people respond to us?

- are your casual choices a deliberate attempt to send a particular message about yourself, or simply a matter of comfort and convenience?

I suppose it does, but even so, I still dress the way that I'm comfortable with first and foremost and I respect others that do the same. That's how I've always felt about it. If someone chooses to ignore me simply because my dress-code doesn't suit their standards, well, I feel I've dodged a bullet quite frankly.

I honestly can't say that I've ever known anyone to do that, nor can I imagine why anyone would. I feel like if you're the type of person that cares that much about your perceived dress style that it would be much more likely you would "dress to impress" rather than deliberately wear what you think would send a lackluster message about yourself. I'd imagine that most people that dress casually whenever possible are doing so because they like it, and that the potential fashion perception behind it is probably not that big of a deal to them. Just my thoughts on it.

And with that, I think I'm going to bow out of this discussion. For what it's worth, I'm sorry for all the derailing, terpsichore. I have no issues at all with this idea and I hope things get back on track very soon .