View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 04:28 AM   #229
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Hi Mer

Do you think that attitudes and responses toward Bi-Women is the same in the Fat/Size Acceptance Community as in Society? For me I read this board to see how the Queer Community address Fat Issues and find most of the responses here refreshing.

William
To be honest, i have seen bi-phoba, hetro-phobia in the real world slighty less than i have witnessed homo-phobia. Even then, the homophobia i encountered was quite a long time ago. I do think the in general people here are very accepting of bi woman, though there does seem to be a lot of bi-women here. I'm not sure if that means fa/fat women are in some way more predisposed to being bi or that a LOT of people are bi anyway and feel they can share that side of themselves here because it is, on the whole a very accepting community with a lot of people with various sexualities. To be honest i think it is the latter. Initially i thought that perhaps there may be a predisposition for Fa's to be somehow more bi-sexual than non Fa's, as the Fa part of their sexuality may over-ride their gender sexuality...though now i'm not so sure. To answer your question, i think this place in general is more accepting of different sexualities. I know a lot of bi women here have faced descrimination because they are bi.. maby they should answer too because i dont feel i have been with enough men (at least in a relationship sense) to have experienced socially how the marginalisation of bi people feels in the queer/straight community. Though..i'm not sure i fit into either particularaly either.. hmmm
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote