Thread: Pet Peeves!
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #66
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

DitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
The straight answer: The entire store can get in trouble for that. If a secret shopper or someone from headquarters comes through and sees a customer bagging their own groceries, headquarters will throw a complete and utter fit. The store management will get landed on, and will then land on the cashier, who (as the lowest rung on the ladder of consequences) is likely to lose her job.

Likewise, even when you only have a few items, allow the boxboy to carry them. Otherwise, his job is in danger.

(Former cashier for Wal-Mart, and the same policy obtains at my local grocery.)
I've never heard of this. I shop at Shop-Rite for the most part and I always always help bag my groceries. I mean, I know it is not my fault the cashiers are in the job they're in but I do feel bad that they're on their feet for so many hours dealing with all sorts of lunacy throughout the day so I always help. They're my groceries, why not help. What supermarket did you work at (if you don't mind me asking)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobettiepurple View Post
Boys in skinny jeans . . .

enough said . . .
AGREE!!!!! My son is a skateboarder but thank heavens he hates the skinny jean look a lot of the skaters wear.