Thread: Pet Peeves!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #71
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitzyBrunette View Post
Ahh. Well I lived in Mississippi for almost a year in 2002 and being from Jersey there was a noticeable difference in manners and politeness from servers/cashiers/etc. Here, people can be a bit.. gruff, whereas there in the South everywhere we went it was "Y'all have a wonderful day and come back soon!" in the Pollyanna cheerful voice every single day from everyone no matter where we went (a shock to my Jersey system). SO maybe the rules were different because of location? I've never known anyone to not help bag their own groceries. Even in some stores where teenagers stop in and help bag for tips I always help out.
You're right. In Jersey and even states bordering right along Jersey, there's a big difference in customer 'relations'. In fact, reading this thread initially bewildered me because if you don't start bagging your own groceries don't be surprised if you get a 'look'. Lots of attitude.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote