View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #68
tinkerbell

tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooz View Post
I feel like even bothering to think like this is self-defeating. For many of us, becoming "average-sized" is not an option. Sorry to make an example of you, because I don't necessarily mean you, but the thin fantasy many women harbor does nothing but harm them, even if it is a so-called "realistic" (I only want to be a size 18, not skinny!) fantasy.
I dont think you read the rest of my post. Its not like I think like that all the time. That was my response to the question. Of course life for me would have been easier had I been built like my sisters, for example. Its just a fact. I know that I'm not as big as most people here, and even at my heaviest still wasn't as big as most here. But the fact is, in my life, my family, where I grew up, I was HUGE. I was always one of the fattest people in my school. I was the fattest of my sisters. And I went through HELL growing up. And to state the fact that, life would have been easier for me had I been "average sized" is just that, a fact. I dont think there is anything wrong with saying that. Its the truth.

And losing weight doesn't change what I went through. I may be able to pass as an average sized chick when I get to my goal, but its still different, IMO. But everything I went through, made me who I am today, and I like me now.

But as I said in the rest of my post:

Quote:
But I am who I am. I can either spend my life hating myself and my body, or just deal with it, and move on. I'd rather focus on things I can do than the size of my body. I'm learning to love my body for its strength, for what it can do. But love it because its fat? No, I love it because its mine.