View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #71
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's complicated.

I like being *me* in general. I like being me now that I am fat, and I liked being me just as much back when I was thin.

But, I do not like the way being (this) fat impacts my life. Just like if I had cancer, I would still like being me, but would not like the way the cancer was impacting my life.

In all honesty, if I were to lose 100 pounds, I would also be gushing about how much happier I was and how much better life was. Not because I weighed 100 pounds less, but because the ways that those 100 pounds impacted my life would be gone. Just like I have to be truthful and say that I am much happier and life is much better now than when I was 100 pounds heavier, for the same reasons.

If somebody were to wave a magic wand and take away the health and mobility problems along with all the ways they impact my life, I would not have any problems being the size I currently am.

Because for me, my weight is not a major part of my self-identity. So, I can easily compartmentalize my feelings about it and like being me but hate being this fat.

Tracy