View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #29
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hmmm, you seem to be a very similar person to me. I am a 23 year old FFA living in england. And I did/do identify as asexual as you said you did once. I think we are living creepy parallel lives here!

As for the self esteem of your partners, I agree with what everybody else here says, you can't fix these issues for another person as much as you would like to. Self confidence comes from the inside and from accepting and loving who you are as a person and no amount of support and kind words can make that happen for you. It certainly helps and in general I think people should be supportive to each other but these things take time and have to come from him rather than anything you say/do.

Also, bear in mind that everybody has days when they feel insecure or negative about themselves. I am a pretty confident and self assured type of person but even I have days when I feel ugly and like my hair is too messy and my eyes aren't blue enough etc etc and so does my SSBHM partner. All you can do is remind them of how wonderful a person they are. Complimenting their personality and smarts and sense of humour tends to work best because that way you are drawing them away from dwelling on their appearance when they are in such a mood. That is what I have found helps for me at least.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote