Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
LordQuas
óreflow Dollar$

LordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 club
Default Hypothetical question

A friend of mine posed this to me (she's a "thick" white woman, for the record) as a hypothetical and I found it fascinating for some reason

If you took 100 "average" white guys with the stereotypical "average white guy" taste in women and presented then with the option of having sex with a fat white chick with an hourglass shape or a thin black woman with an hourglass shape what do you think the results would be?

I dunno, maybe Im the only one that thinks stuff like this is interesting

Old 02-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
BigCutieBonnie

BigCutieBonnie knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieBonnie knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieBonnie knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieBonnie knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieBonnie knows EXACTLY what's going on

I don't get this at all.....

So a white man has to choose between a skinny black girl and a fat white woman?

I really don't see the point of this question.....
BigCutieBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.
tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

at the end of the day ...as long as folks are happy who they are with that's all that matters.....

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
musicman
I hate fat-haters!

musicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging in

As research, your friend's question is useless. Suppose you get the answer. How do you know whether the result is due to race or weight? You can only have one variable in a question like that. Everything else must be constant.

On the other hand, I think it says something about your friend's insecurities. Maybe that's why you found it fascinating?
Old 02-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
wrestlingguy
No more Mr. Nice Guy

wrestlingguy keeps pushing the rep limit!
wrestlingguy keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'll take "TheRapists" for $600, Alex...............
Old 02-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
tinkerbell
Master Member

tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingguy View Post
I'll take "TheRapists" for $600, Alex...............

lol
Old 02-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
LordQuas
óreflow Dollar$

LordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
As research, your friend's question is useless. Suppose you get the answer. How do you know whether the result is due to race or weight? You can only have one variable in a question like that. Everything else must be constant.

On the other hand, I think it says something about your friend's insecurities. Maybe that's why you found it fascinating?
That's a pretty big leap to assume my friend was asking this question out of insecurity, maybe that's indicative of YOUR insecurities?
Old 02-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordQuas View Post
A friend of mine posed this to me (she's a "thick" white woman, for the record) as a hypothetical and I found it fascinating for some reason

If you took 100 "average" white guys with the stereotypical "average white guy" taste in women and presented then with the option of having sex with a fat white chick with an hourglass shape or a thin black woman with an hourglass shape what do you think the results would be?

Where is this typical white guy from? I ask because racism and fat hate varies in different areas.
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken legs View Post
Where is this typical white guy from? I ask because racism and fat hate varies in different areas.
A bit like frost bite and mosquitoes then.
- from "Firefly"/"Serenity" - Cpt. Malcolm Reynolds
joswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #10
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post
A bit like frost bite and mosquitoes then.
I guess, but most typical guys (regardless of background) would sleep with both but the question is ...which one will he take home to the parents to meet?
Old 02-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #11
Saoirse
Master Member

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

I dont see why any of this matters.
Saoirse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #12
LordQuas
óreflow Dollar$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
I dont see why any of this matters.
Define "matters"
Old 02-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #13
LordQuas
óreflow Dollar$

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken legs View Post
I guess, but most typical guys (regardless of background) would sleep with both
What leads you to believe that?
Old 02-20-2012, 12:49 AM   #14
chicken legs
yawn

Quote:
What leads you to believe that?
Most men think with their penis, so odds are they would do them both if the opportunity presented itself.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #15
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

So she wonders if a white guy would pick a thin black girl over her? What difference does it make? Tell her to stop comparing herself to other women.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #16
LordQuas
óreflow Dollar$

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
So she wonders if a white guy would pick a thin black girl over her? What difference does it make? Tell her to stop comparing herself to other women.

Lol I'll be sure to pass your advice along
Old 02-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Lol I'll be sure to pass your advice along
What other reason is there to ask that question? It's just not the kind of thing one asks just for the sake of asking.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:03 AM   #18
LovelyLiz
Master Member

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

I just never see the point in the Suffering Olympics, and trying to argue about whose suffering or oppression is worse than another's.

Racism exists and is destructive and horrendous.
Sizeism exists and is destructive and horrendous.
The End.

(I'm not saying that one isn't worse than the other, just that arguing about it doesn't seem to bear any helpful fruit.)
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #19
LordQuas
óreflow Dollar$

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
I just never see the point in the Suffering Olympics, and trying to argue about whose suffering or oppression is worse than another's.

Racism exists and is destructive and horrendous.
Sizeism exists and is destructive and horrendous.
The End.

(I'm not saying that one isn't worse than the other, just that arguing about it doesn't seem to bear any helpful fruit.)

llol how in the world did you draw that from this thread?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #20
LordQuas
óreflow Dollar$

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
What other reason is there to ask that question? It's just not the kind of thing one asks just for the sake of asking.

Because we're psych majors and we like exploring the psychology behind why people act the way they act
Old 02-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #21
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Because we're psych majors and we like exploring the psychology behind why people act the way they act
Yeah, asking this on a fat admiration board = fail.

My manswer is:

If she's pretty and we dig each other, me and the fat girl will get it on.
If we both like her and she likes us, the thin girl gets to play too.
Oh, and cakes will probably be involved.
- from "Firefly"/"Serenity" - Cpt. Malcolm Reynolds
joswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #22
LeoGibson
Whiskey Bent

LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

I'm not above a bit of mental masturbation, so I'll bite.

What exactly is an "average white guy taste"?

I, myself am white and I have very little hard and fast requirements in the physical attributes of women. In other words, most of what turns me on are between the ears, the way a woman carries herself, a vibe she gives off, a certain personality. Physical attributes for myself are a fluid thing, as is race.

I have "average white friends" that have wildly different attractions. One who likes nothing but tall,thin blondes comes to mind. Another that prefers brunettes with darker complexions. That being said, in both of these examples I have seen them go "off-type" on occasion because for whatever reason that is what was offered at that moment in time.

I think your premise is flawed because there are just too many variables at play here. Too many unknowns if you will, that there is no way to actually answer definitively one way or another.

In my experience the most determining factor for many men, since we are talking about just a night of sex and not a long-term relationship, is which one of the two is going to sleep with you.

And yes, the lizard part of my brain says, if both parties are up for it, why choose. All 3 of us could have fun together.