Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default "Gain"-Fully Employed

So, anybody enjoying good holiday eating in the name of work? This is the prime week of the year when our suppliers treat us to lunch and/or dinner (either catering it in or taking us out) and we do the same for some of our valued clients. As a vital cog in the well-oiled machinery of company management (that's my story and I'm sticking to it ), it is my solemn duty to participate. Considering I've been working my ass off this year (which, given the size of my big fat ass, really says something), you're damn right I'm eating my share!

Here are the free lunches and dinners I've been racking up on company time this week. Looks like 10 out of 10!

Monday Lunch: Suppliers plied us with pizzas and sub sandwiches.
Monday Dinner: We took clients to a seafood restaurant.
Tuesday Lunch: Supplier took us to Scrambler Marie's (mmm, breakfast for lunch).
Tuesday Dinner: We took clients to a steakhouse.

Wednesday Lunch: We took clients to a Mexican restaurant.
Wednesday Dinner: Holy Toledo! Tony Packo's Café! (pseudo-Hungarian cuisine)

Thursday Lunch: Supplier took us to a Chinese buffet!
Thursday Dinner: What? No free dinner?? Not to worry. I'm invited to join my husband as his company takes some of their clients out to The Melting Pot (fondue restaurant).

Friday Lunch: Supplier takes us to an Italian restaurant.
Friday Dinner: Office party!

Plus, in the mornings our big company muckymucks provide doughnuts, danishes, bagels, muffins and other yummies from Tim Horton's! Vive le Canada!
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am in the wrong business.
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

WOW!

I am in the wrong business too.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:13 PM   #4
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

How did you fit in the booths at the Melting Pot?

Thanks
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:17 PM   #5
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

gee that makes me want to get a real job If i want to eat during the day, i have to cook it! (same goes for the evening)
Old 12-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #6
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda View Post

Thanks
Hey, come to think of it, I'm curious about that too. Melting Pot is one of my favorite restaurants. I went there last year with a larger friend of mine, and she was miserable with the cramped booth. The only available (very limited!) tables were for groups of more than 4 people. Awesome food, but not a size-friendly environment at all.

Russell Williams ... where are you?
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:35 PM   #7
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Again I think about my bag of jerky that was my xmas gift from work...... :|
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #8
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I am in the wrong business.
Paradoxically, one of the worst pieces of advice my mother gave me was also one of the best. She drummed into my head over and over, "You're way too fat ever to find a good husband, so you'd better get good grades and find a good career." Gee, thanx, Mom. Well, I was good at math and enjoyed it, so I aimed for a career that was both very rewarding and very marketable. That led me into accounting and business, and I pushed pencils for a while. My people skills gradually helped me work my way into management, so now I push people who push pencils. Many people don't consider what they really want in life until it's too late, or don't think things through in order to make sound decisions, so instead they just kinda fall into a job that lets them just get by. My fat has forced me to gauge what is and is not truly important in life, and forced me to think clearly. I've made more than a few blunders over the years, but luckily my good decisions seem to outnumber my bonehead moves. So I can honestly say that obesity has been a net positive in my life. And my mother was dead wrong about a wonderful husband entering my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
Ah, grasshopper, no problem is too difficult when you go out to dinner with a group of engineers. Ask them if the glass is half-full or half-empty, and they'll tell you that obviously the glass is the wrong size. Thus it was a simple matter to comfortably seat my massive bulk. Most impressive was that not once did anyone suggest I was too fat. Nosirreebob! Obviously the seating was insufficient.

Plan A: Sit our group at a table with armless chairs. Impractical, because the tables were for 4, there were 7 of us, and we couldn't move the tables so we could sit together.

Plan B: Disassemble a booth, including the utilities for the conduction burner that heats up the fondue pot, and then reassemble everything around me. Sounds like fun, but too time consuming and therefore also impractical. (I think they were joking, but you never know with engineers! )

Plan C: The winning choice. Each booth was in a rounded L shape around the fondue table. Three of our party sat in one booth, three in the booth directly across the aisle from it, and we requested an armless chair for me to sit at the open side of one booth. Problem solved. One minor drawback was that I sat right there in the aisle, so my very fat female figure was on full display to just about everyone else. On the other hand, I was in a yummy fondue restaurant, so who cares?

I must mention one minor annoyance of dining with engineers in a fondue restaurant -- and it's not just a guy thing, because 2 engineers were women. At one point, they launched into a lengthy discussion of thermodynamics such as the "convention currents" in the heated fondue pot. Naturally during the dessert course with its ecstatically sinfully delicious chocolate fondue, I described the "confection currents" beginning to electrify my body.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:08 AM   #9
TallFatSue
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallFatSue View Post
Plan C: The winning choice. Each booth was in a rounded L shape around the fondue table. Three of our party sat in one booth, three in the booth directly across the aisle from it, and we requested an armless chair for me to sit at the open side of one booth. Problem solved. One minor drawback was that I sat right there in the aisle, so my very fat female figure was on full display to just about everyone else. On the other hand, I was in a yummy fondue restaurant, so who cares?
I almost forgot the best part of this arrangement. For once, I had nice roomy seating while everyone else was packed like sardines. Usually it's the exact opposite. The other people in our party were average size, and at one point one of the other women commented how snug those booths were.

She: "Gee, we're packed pretty tightly in this booth. But look at Sue, she has all kinds of space."
Me: "I've waited all my life for a situation like this."
Old 12-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #10
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallFatSue View Post
So, anybody enjoying good holiday eating in the name of work? This is the prime week of the year when our suppliers treat us to lunch and/or dinner (either catering it in or taking us out) and we do the same for some of our valued clients. As a vital cog in the well-oiled machinery of company management (that's my story and I'm sticking to it ), it is my solemn duty to participate. Considering I've been working my ass off this year (which, given the size of my big fat ass, really says something), you're damn right I'm eating my share!

Here are the free lunches and dinners I've been racking up on company time this week. Looks like 10 out of 10!

Monday Lunch: Suppliers plied us with pizzas and sub sandwiches.
Monday Dinner: We took clients to a seafood restaurant.
Tuesday Lunch: Supplier took us to Scrambler Marie's (mmm, breakfast for lunch).
Tuesday Dinner: We took clients to a steakhouse.

Wednesday Lunch: We took clients to a Mexican restaurant.
Wednesday Dinner: Holy Toledo! Tony Packo's Café! (pseudo-Hungarian cuisine)

Thursday Lunch: Supplier took us to a Chinese buffet!
Thursday Dinner: What? No free dinner?? Not to worry. I'm invited to join my husband as his company takes some of their clients out to The Melting Pot (fondue restaurant).

Friday Lunch: Supplier takes us to an Italian restaurant.
Friday Dinner: Office party!

Plus, in the mornings our big company muckymucks provide doughnuts, danishes, bagels, muffins and other yummies from Tim Horton's! Vive le Canada!
did you enjoy the melting pot?
My honey and I ate there a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. I didn't think it was going to fill me up and told him that we'd have to hit a drive thru after but I honestly was full after our meal. So full that I had to unzip my pants on the way home.

Last edited by fatgirlflyin; 12-19-2008 at 02:10 PM.
fatgirlflyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:35 PM   #11
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sue: I was having a hard time not totally cracking up reading that....have always worked in tech companies, and with big groups the discussions on how to handle seating can get rather......intense. And the discussions are always fascinating....for other engineers

But just to point out that engineering analysis can be useful; because of the convection currents in a fondue pot, the bottom outside is actually the coolest part of the oil, hence the slowest to cook your food, but that is where forks naturally tend to go. So if you'd listened carefully you'd know to try and position your fork so that your food was in the middle

Forgot to mention: no real holiday treats here. Someone did leave some Christmas cookies in the lunch room today, but that's been the food high point so far. Downside of working in a tech company, engineers tend not to be overly festive.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:39 PM   #12
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post

But just to point out that engineering analysis can be useful; because of the convection currents in a fondue pot, the bottom outside is actually the coolest part of the oil, hence the slowest to cook your food, but that is where forks naturally tend to go. So if you'd listened carefully you'd know to try and position your fork so that your food was in the middle
Wut up, nerd?
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #13
TallFatSue
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Bella View Post
did you enjoy the melting pot?
My honey and I ate there a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. I didn't think it was going to fill me up and told him that we'd have to hit a drive thru after but I honestly was full after our meal. So full that I had to unzip my pants on the way home.
Did I enjoy the Melting Pot? Oh yes oh yes oh yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Sue: I was having a hard time not totally cracking up reading that....have always worked in tech companies, and with big groups the discussions on how to handle seating can get rather......intense. And the discussions are always fascinating....for other engineers

My eyes probably glazed over when they were talking about convection currents and the Optimal Zone of Cooktivity in the fondue pot. Useful or not, sometimes engineering analyses miss the point. Whilst they were engrossed in their discussions, I sneaked a few extra morsels.

As engineers are wont to do with unfamiliar subjects, they were more than a little curious about some of the challenges I face as a tall fat woman. So here are the results of my own engineering analysis: obesity can compromise system efficiency because it causes increased fuel consumption ("And this is a problem how?" asked Sue as she speared another piece of steak ), higher maintenance costs ("I repeat, this is a problem how?" asked Sue as she ordered an extra dessert ) and requires special handling ("So nobody can explain how this is a problem?" asked Sue, who merely wishes to be treated like any other empress ). Nonetheless, when correctly utilized, obesity can be a highly-effective catalyst ("I can starve myself, or I can lead a rich, happy, productive life." ), which more than justifies its existence. Definition: a catalyst is a substance which initiates or accelerates a chemical reaction by reducing the activation energy, but which is left unchanged by the reaction. I always knew my fat made me a better woman by forcing me to think creatively and independently.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:14 PM   #14
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I like how you think, Sue. Oh and I am totally jealous of your foodee heaven week.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:06 PM   #15
phatkhat

phatkhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesphatkhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Honeybaked hams and lots of it!