Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 12-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default 'fat cats' in Canada?

According to a study referenced in the article linked below, in Canada more high income men were obese than lower income men. This goes against some previous data and stereotypes of more lower income people being fat. Also lines up with the old notion of the wealthy 'fat-cat' I guess (they did not observe this effect amongst women).

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2008/...ht-income.html
Old 12-18-2008, 07:20 AM   #2
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hahaha....read some of the article comments. I liked this one: "I'd rather be a fat rich guy than some penniless rail-thin hippie."

Anyway, assuming the study is valid, this is definitely a sexy trend. I'd love for Toronto to become overpopulated with rich, fat men. I'm off the market, but you know, I'm a giver to all those single FFAs

The trend totally makes sense, too (the article author doesn't seem to understand it, though). If I was a rich man, I'd eat whatever the hell indulgent, delicious food I wanted ALL THE TIME, would drive around in a hot Mercedes, would have the most amazing home entertainment set-up imaginable....and I would be totally fat and leisurely. Sounds like the perfect life.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
topher38
Old Warhorse

topher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this board

I want to be a Fat Rich Hippie... well I'm 2 out of 3
topher38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
According to a study referenced in the article linked below, in Canada more high income men were obese than lower income men. This goes against some previous data and stereotypes of more lower income people being fat. Also lines up with the old notion of the wealthy 'fat-cat' I guess (they did not observe this effect amongst women).

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2008/...ht-income.html
Ah, Canada - back to the future, as always! ;-)

Or is it just a case of 'a little extra fat for the long cold winter - why not'. Personally, I'm met a lot of men in Canada who, like me, seem to have a distinct 'bear' side to their personalities - and who wants a skinny bear, anyway?
fat hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
Starling

Starling can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesStarling can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Sweet...my two favorite things in a man...rich and fat! Now I just have to go to Canada
Starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I was fat when I was poor and I'm fat now that I'm better off so nuts to that study.
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #7
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djudex View Post
I was fat when I was poor and I'm fat now that I'm better off so nuts to that study.

Pff...I think you just had good foresight
Old 12-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #8
kinkykitten
FFA-Property of Von_Pudge

kinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by djudex View Post
Lol! Proving em wrong eh?
kinkykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:08 PM   #9
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm both ahead of and built from curves!
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:08 AM   #10
AZ_Wolf
Lupus Maximus

AZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot pics

It seems to make some sense to me.

I've never been to Canada, but when I've traveled overseas I've been to a climate every bit equal. I've been to Russia once (St. Petersburg) and Ukraine three times.

Three of the trips were for 2 weeks and one was for 6 weeks. I never lost fewer than 10 pounds and on my 6 week trip I lost 18 pounds. I ate everything I wanted, as much as I wanted, whenever I wanted. But the climate was just so cold that it obviously burned more calories just to keep me going around town, staying warm, and so on.

I never stopped being amazed at eating (and sometimes drinking) in that way and having my clothes hang off me when I returned home.

So I think in that light, you have to be richer to stay really fat in Canada to overcome the climatic resistance. You have to be in a very nice home, and have a very cushy routine without much walking or exposure to the weather, and still be able to eat all you want.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #11
MaryElizabethAntoinette
Beauty is Relative

MaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Damn, the only thing better than being fat... being both fat and rich. Where the eff are all the fat rich men in America?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MaryElizabethAntoinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:38 PM   #12
WillSpark
King Of The Robo-Sluts

WillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions community

They're all married to thin attractive gold-diggers who aren't FFAs. Poor saps.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:18 PM   #13
MaxArden
Big, Bald, and Bright

MaxArden can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMaxArden can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm Canadian and Fat...Does that count?
Old 12-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #14
pani

pani carries a lot of weight on this boardpani carries a lot of weight on this boardpani carries a lot of weight on this boardpani carries a lot of weight on this boardpani carries a lot of weight on this board

Just one more reason I really want to move to Canada!
Old 12-26-2008, 07:40 PM   #15
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Canada isn't all that cold, haha. Besides the extreme northern regions, Canadians in most regions enjoy beautiful summers and springs. Most areas of Canada do get harsh winters such as those in Russia, but most parts of Canada have distinct spring and autumn seasons, which I hear most of Russia does not. (Summer and Winter are dominant seasons there.) Our climates aren't exactly equal.
I just find it odd how Canada is always referred to as a perpetually frigid country when we enjoy sweltering summer months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Wolf View Post
It seems to make some sense to me.

I've never been to Canada, but when I've traveled overseas I've been to a climate every bit equal. I've been to Russia once (St. Petersburg) and Ukraine three times.

Three of the trips were for 2 weeks and one was for 6 weeks. I never lost fewer than 10 pounds and on my 6 week trip I lost 18 pounds. I ate everything I wanted, as much as I wanted, whenever I wanted. But the climate was just so cold that it obviously burned more calories just to keep me going around town, staying warm, and so on.

I never stopped being amazed at eating (and sometimes drinking) in that way and having my clothes hang off me when I returned home.

So I think in that light, you have to be richer to stay really fat in Canada to overcome the climatic resistance. You have to be in a very nice home, and have a very cushy routine without much walking or exposure to the weather, and still be able to eat all you want.

Last edited by Esther; 12-26-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #16
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default grrrrr

I wish I was catnip...mmmmm....
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:43 AM   #17
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken legs View Post
I wish I was catnip...mmmmm....
Soooooo many naughty reply's I could make to that.
escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:16 PM   #18
cammy
bellyphile

cammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSpark View Post
They're all married to thin attractive gold-diggers who aren't FFAs. Poor saps.
I take exception to your comment...
.:* .:*
cammy is offline   Reply With Quote