Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-26-2005, 08:17 PM   #26
Pink

Pink has super-sized repPink has super-sized repPink has super-sized repPink has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
I eat the Circus Peanuts too. I think my indiscriminate candy tastes come from sitting with my granny. She loves candy corn, those weird marshmallowy creme eggs with the hard pastel shells you get at Easter, ribbon candy, and orange slices. I pretty much like most non-chocolate, non-licorice candy.
Oh my gosh ribbon candy is awesome. I get some every christmas.
Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:22 PM   #27
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink
lol I like candy corn.
And I also eat circus peanuts and peeps
OH YEAH, Circus Peanuts!!!!
Baby, will you marry me?

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:34 PM   #28
Deidrababe
Easy, Breezie, Deidrababe

Deidrababe carries a lot of weight on this boardDeidrababe carries a lot of weight on this boardDeidrababe carries a lot of weight on this boardDeidrababe carries a lot of weight on this boardDeidrababe carries a lot of weight on this board
Default A Horrible Candy Corn Experience....

Let's just call it the Candy Corn Incident of 1994....

The New England Chapter of NAAFA was planning it's first "mini-convention" Our All Out! Fall Out! - we wanted to promote the convention with a donation to the National Convention Goody Bags....

Our Idea was to make up a little "ditty" a poem of sorts....and send it with a little baggie of Candy Corn to put in the Convention Goodie bags.

So, the day came.....I volunteered my house to do the assembly and bag stuffing and poem stapling....

It was a HOT July afternoon - the pool beckoned all the fatties to come in, but not until we were done....

* We had a leader...she was um....a LITTLE anal.

* We had to put exactly 23 Candy Corns in each bag.

* We had to Staple TWO Staples Exactly 1/4 inche in from the Poem that folded over on to the bag

* She actually checked our work and if we did it wrong we got in trouble and had to do that bag over.

Well, we started the day with THREE 30 lb. Cases of Candy Corn.

In these cases, there were some "problem" candy Corns....Some big CLUMPS of candy corn that could not be used, some with wrong colors, some melted globs....you get the picture......

So, of course, all the candy corns that could NOT be used, well, we ate them. There were lots of "bad" Candy Corns. It was a weird and sickning feeling to eat THAT much Candy Corn. After filling 400 bags with 23 candy corns we had a lot left over - and well, yeah, we ate that too.

Okay, so, anyone want to guess the end to my story?

I have not eaten ONE SINGLE FREEKIN' CANDY CORN SINCE 1994!!

Want to know more about me? Read my blog! Come Check out my Facebook Page or My Myspace page! Want MORE Deidra all around? Come to my Yahoo Site! ALL FREE!

Deidra's MySpace Page

Deidra's Facebook Page

Deidrababe's Big Belly Paradise
Deidrababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:20 PM   #29
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I forget from one year to the next how godawful candy corn is. I love the way it feels to scoop your hand into big bowl of it, and it has a nice nostalgic smell, but it defines the word 'cloying' once it's in your mouth. The stuff with the "chocolate" stripe is slightly less offensive, for purely aesthetic reasons. I'd classify it as in-a-pinch candy.

But those pumpkin ones? Yeee. My face hurts just thinkin' about 'em.

Sorry to report I unrepentantly eat those cheap peanut butter kisses. They're a poor substitute for Mary Janes or Bit-O-Honey, but I like the mouthfeel and that initial burst of peanut butteryness. And y'know, when you're in a pinch...
"If you stand on a soapbox and trade rhetoric with a dictator you never win. That's what they do so well; they seduce people. But if you ridicule them, bring them down with laughter, they can't win." ~ Mel Brooks

"The country is run by extremists, 'cause moderates have shit to do." ~ Jon Stewart

"And she doesn't wear polyester except when she's kidding."~ Egbert Souse
Boteroesque Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:18 PM   #30
Redhotphatgirl
Summer time summer time

Redhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

I will eat candy corn if it has chocolate on it. I do not do peeps. I do like those cheap pnut butter kisses...but give me mini candy bars ...just did a whole bad of those new nut hersheys minis. I love Halloween....one for them two for me one for dave two for me........evil laugh.
Redhotphatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 02:17 PM   #31
altered states
señor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default candy corn erases your memory right after you spit it out

That's the only way to explain why I keep eating the stuff, year after year. I KNOW I hate it. I've ALWAYS hated it. Still, some well-meaning niece or public candy dish offers it up and I'm like, "hmmm... so colorful and nicely shaped... [smack chew, gag] ugh, Jesus, who actually LIKES this shit?" The old lady who gives out pennies or the hippie family with the carob bars and raisins have more holiday spirit than the psychos who give these little hell-nuggets away.

And circus peanuts are just insane. If candy could be missing a chromosome, it would resemble these. What "circus" are these from? Maybe the one in the south Florida mall where the elephants have mange and the clowns are on the sex offender's list.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:42 PM   #32
wistful

wistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
The old lady who gives out pennies or the hippie family with the carob bars and raisins have more holiday spirit

As disappointing as the pennies and the raisins were nothing beats those little anti-halloween tracts that some people felt they needed to hand out.Talk about killjoys.

"Look at that. Look how she moves. That's just like jell-o on springs. She must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex.”
wistful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:05 PM   #33
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love candy corn, and the peanut butter kisses even more, and popcorn balls Y'all can send me all that you don't want!
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 04:08 PM   #34
LurkingBBW
Foodee extraordinaire

LurkingBBW can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLurkingBBW can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Not much into the candy corn but...

Almost anything with chocolate will do - 3 musketeers, milky way, hershey's kisses. I can eat them for hours at a time - a little bit now - a little bit later.
LurkingBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:12 PM   #35
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Thumbs up

I love the candy corn!
I love to mix 'em with popcorn and eat it by the handful!

Or trade tootsie rolls for everyones Corn on Halloween night....

It's a sweet, sticky, simple and old school treat!

Long Live the C O R N
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:14 PM   #36
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistful
As disappointing as the pennies and the raisins were nothing beats those little anti-halloween tracts that some people felt they needed to hand out.Talk about killjoys.

yeah..and those little yellow "mini bibles" , with a big bold smiley on em....
Filled with reasons to stay away from frogs and ghosts.....

Weirdos......
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:32 PM   #37
Egbert Souse
South America, probably.

Egbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default My tombstone.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo Mejor
You didn't see my post about Halloween. I like Candy Corn.

It has lots of yummy High Fructose Corn Syrup and it's proud of it.
....is going to be in the shape of a candy corn with the base yellow granite, the middle orange and the tip, white.
The epitaph is gonna be "Yeah, i know, and it didn't do much for my teeth, either".
Egbert Souse is offline   Reply With Quote