Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 01-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #101
george83
DADDY IN A DRESS

george83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging in

ok names how about just the GLBTQ Board that just about covers everyone and is nice and easy.

Ok the majority of you all dont want it to be a subboard so it has to be a board of its own, so thats that sorted.

Mods who has been here for a while who will visit and use the board often enough to keep it in order, they also have to be well respected member of the forums, I suggest we get a list of people and have a poll lol.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:07 AM   #102
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by george83 View Post
ok names how about just the GLBTQ Board that just about covers everyone and is nice and easy.

Ok the majority of you all dont want it to be a subboard so it has to be a board of its own, so thats that sorted.

Mods who has been here for a while who will visit and use the board often enough to keep it in order, they also have to be well respected member of the forums, I suggest we get a list of people and have a poll lol.
Oh gah! a poll!! lol..
You know though..when i came out..erm half my life ago.. i didnt know what lgb was at first! (it was so long ago that it was just plain old lgb!). Then when i went to college i was an lgb officer..
Though i guess it could say lgbtq-and then beside it something like -A queer friendly place for fat lovers and erm..fats alike... well probs something better than that.. but you know what i mean.. something that describes the acronim!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #103
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Actually I think a sub-board of the main board might make sense....but a seperate board would work too.

I think the next thing you'll need would be mods--probably at least two, I'd think.

ETA: can't wait to see the "X in Y's clothes" threads, sounds like fun!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #104
bigrugbybloke

bigrugbybloke can now change their title

so what is happening?
bigrugbybloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #105
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by george83 View Post

George, Mer, et. al.,

The Webmaster makes all the decisions here, guys. If you have some "requests" for where you might like the board placed, and or mods, etc., then please send those to him in the form of a "request" and/or "suggestion".

As to where it ultimately ends up, or who moderates, Conrad will make those decisions, and he will do what he feels is best for the Dims community as a whole. It may not be placed where you think it is best, but it will be placed where he thinks it is best, and with the moderators that he feels will be best for the forum.

Sandie
/Mod
Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:49 PM   #106
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

As usual I'm late to the discussion, but you can add my name to the list of people who think this is a good idea. You have my support.

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #107
bexy
is red again <3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ok, here goes lol.

Even though my other half started this petition, I do have to say I'm not just as fussed as he is about having a seperate GLBTQ board or subforum.

I think the amount of names on the list shows that we have the support and interest in GLBTQ issues and interests here and so I personally don't really feel the need to seperate things.
I feel GLBTQ threads would just be very welcome in amongst the rest of the boards.

For example, if it concerned a news story, pop it in Hyde Park. If it concerned sexuality, over to the Sexuality board you go.
I don't think we need to seperate or segregate anything. We don't need a protected forum, as no homophobia is tolerated here anyways. Anyone found to be homophobic usually gets in trouble as far as I have seen.

I agree with the point Sandie S-R made in that I would rather just see rather see threads with GLBTQ titles/issues/interests in among all the other threads here.

Obviously if a forum/subforum is made I will support and use it, but honestly I really don't think its necessary.

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #108
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't think anyone is gonna hate you, bexy, as your position is a solid one. I would agree with you, except for one thing. I personally think a spearate forum labeled 'GLBTQ' or what have you has the real possibility of increasing the numbers of GLBTQ people who are contributing members of the boards. I don't know if that would happen without such a visible part of the boards labeled 'GLBTQ' as soon as someone gets to the message boards.

As one other member of the board and I have discussed in PMs, there really is no message board for queer women who like fat, at least not in comparison to Dims, and my hope is more such women might participate regularly here. The gay FAs have a strong web presence, too, and while I do check out their websites as well, I think it would also be cool to maybe have a space where it really is a 'GLBTQ' website, for all genders and sexualities. That would make the fat community here even stronger and larger, and that can't help but be a good thing, increasing our numbers and working together to lessen fat stigma for all.

A girl can dream, at least.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #109
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!

This.

Also, I don't think it's a bad segregation, it just means that GLBTQ issues will not get easily buried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
I don't think anyone is gonna hate you, bexy, as your position is a solid one. I would agree with you, except for one thing. I personally think a spearate forum labeled 'GLBTQ' or what have you has the real possibility of increasing the numbers of GLBTQ people who are contributing members of the boards. I don't know if that would happen without such a visible part of the boards labeled 'GLBTQ' as soon as someone gets to the message boards.

As one other member of the board and I have discussed in PMs, there really is no message board for queer women who like fat, at least not in comparison to Dims, and my hope is more such women might participate regularly here. The gay FAs have a strong web presence, too, and while I do check out their websites as well, I think it would also be cool to maybe have a space where it really is a 'GLBTQ' website, for all genders and sexualities. That would make the fat community here even stronger and larger, and that can't help but be a good thing, increasing our numbers and working together to lessen fat stigma for all.

kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:29 PM   #110
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Late to the party, but speaking as a forum member and not a mod, this has my full support! I think it's going to end up being a great resource.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #111
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!

Sandie, it's just at the idea stage. And for those of us who are interested in this forum, we are merely sharing our personal ideas with the proposal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
I have no problem adding some sort of GLBTQ venue. Someone take the lead on this and come up with a consensus proposal for consideration. It's gotta be done right and with common sense as I don't want to create something for this part of our community of fat people and those who love them just to be told it's a detriment to size acceptance and should be kept hidden away so it won't offend anyone.
Here's the reason why I think the GLBTQ forum should stand on its own and not be a subforum: If you identify yourself as someone belonging to this group or an ally, as a new member you know where to go right away. This would foster growth. It's just like the BHM/FFA forum. Also, when I first joined DIMS, I didn't even know there were two subforums in the Weight Board. Someone I met IRL told me about it and that's the only reason I started participating in those discussions.

Gays are fat too. In an earlier discussion, I recall someone saying that there are already websites out there that cater to the fat GLBTQ community; however, I would like to point out that there's a reason why you and I are here --- We actually like the DIMS community. As a fatty who's checked out other websites, I feel that this forum trumps all other fat forums because we don't just talk about being fat=sexy. This place isn't just wank fodder.

So my vote goes to keeping our fat GLBTQ community out in the open, not hidden away.
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #112
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexylicious View Post

For example, if it concerned a news story, pop it in Hyde Park. If it concerned sexuality, over to the Sexuality board you go.
I don't think we need to seperate or segregate anything. We don't need a protected forum, as no homophobia is tolerated here anyways. Anyone found to be homophobic usually gets in trouble as far as I have seen.
Unfortunately, when we had those Prop 8 threads going in Hyde Park, there was a fair bit of gay-bashing going on. Probably more to be expected on that board, but still...

I definitely understand the need to have a protected space.
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:16 PM   #113
bexy
is red again <3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

I can totally see the reasons for a seperate board and like I say if one gets made I will use and support it. If there is a chance it might open Dims up to more new people then that's great. I suppose I just would love it if everyone felt comfortable to post everywhere lol!

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #114
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Obviously if a forum/subforum is made I will support and use it, but honestly I really don't think its necessary.
Really mum...I'm getting tired of agreeing with you all the time.

Heh.

But seriously, I think as a community we need to look at both sides of this; one is to be more welcoming (LGBT friendly) and the other to be more inclusive (everyone can and should post here regardless of political or social views).

There has been an ongoing discussion about fetish related art on this board, and many have come to the conclusion that this board is for any, and everyone who wants or needs it. We can't limit it by worrying over how newcomer *might* view things. This board is about FA/FFA matters and that should be regardless of any other facet of who you are when you log on here. Not to say any bigotry should be tolerated, but this board is for Fat Admirers, be they female, male, gay, straight, conservative, liberal, self ascribed fetishists, non-fetishists, etc.

IOW, less separation and more inclusion.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #115
Uriel
Nacho Ninja

Uriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticed

Straight boy in San Francisco throwing his name on the list.
Knowing what a great thing the BHM board is (Itself a mini-Forum), I think my GLBT sisters/brothers should have one as well.

-Uriel

PS: If I didn't sign, I know a couple of Bear friends who never speak to me again...Well, OK, maybe after a week, but still...
Uriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #116
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

mmm...bears
i'm a total bear-hag

I'm for it most definitely!
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:21 AM   #117
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am late to the party, but sign me up as also straight but not narrow (borrowed, thanks Victim), plus maybe i could learn a thing or two, and it never hurts to explore eh?

so, yes, add me?

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:46 PM   #118
grandecafe1

grandecafe1 has said some nice things

... for so many reasons already listed & many that aren't, I give my name in support...
xo
Old 01-25-2009, 07:50 PM   #119
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

I vote Butch for moderator.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:53 AM   #120
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Yes yes yes yes yes!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:57 AM   #121
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie S-R View Post
George, Mer, et. al.,

The Webmaster makes all the decisions here, guys. If you have some "requests" for where you might like the board placed, and or mods, etc., then please send those to him in the form of a "request" and/or "suggestion".

As to where it ultimately ends up, or who moderates, Conrad will make those decisions, and he will do what he feels is best for the Dims community as a whole. It may not be placed where you think it is best, but it will be placed where he thinks it is best, and with the moderators that he feels will be best for the forum.

Sandie
/Mod
ahh..i just think george was trying to get things moving by saying ..this should happen/that should happen etc. Its quite an exciting prospect and i think we all just want to discuss what sort of things we would like to ask for before we take it up with Conrad, who obviously has the last say.

xmer
Old 01-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #122
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The GLBTQ forum is now open! Come by and say Hello, why don't you?