Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 02-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Fabulous GLBTQ Confessions Thread

All the other boards have a confession thread, and I'm starting one because I have something to confess....

I have recently bought a pair of suspenders (or, as me mum tells me, 'braces' for you UK folks), and I love them. I don't care if I only see nerdy older men wearing them, I am wearing them now and I feel like a big ole bear in them.

Oh, and I'm really, um, agitated, tonight, but am all alone on a very cold night.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
All the other boards have a confession thread, and I'm starting one because I have something to confess....

I have recently bought a pair of suspenders (or, as me mum tells me, 'braces' for you UK folks), and I love them. I don't care if I only see nerdy older men wearing them, I am wearing them now and I feel like a big ole bear in them.

Oh, and I'm really, um, agitated, tonight, but am all alone on a very cold night.
We need pictures of big ole bears in suspenders!

But hm, are you hairy? From what I know bears are supposed to be and that hairless fatties are sometimes called cubs. I don't know any woman who identifies as one though.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
We need pictures of big ole bears in suspenders!

But hm, are you hairy? From what I know bears are supposed to be and that hairless fatties are sometimes called cubs. I don't know any woman who identifies as one though.
That actually is a tough question to answer. I'm not hairy in a dude sense, but I do shave the ole chins. 'Cub', though, just makes me think I'm trying out for the Boy Scouts or something, so I guess I like 'bear' even if I am fairly hairless for a dark haired person of Western European heritage.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My husband wears braces all the time.I love them,I think they're cute.Incidently if he didn't wear them,his pants would be around his ankles.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
My husband wears braces all the time.I love them,I think they're cute.Incidently if he didn't wear them,his pants would be around his ankles.
Yay! Braces love! Thank you, steely. Good to know that there are cute guys out there in suspenders.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #6
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
That actually is a tough question to answer. I'm not hairy in a dude sense, but I do shave the ole chins. 'Cub', though, just makes me think I'm trying out for the Boy Scouts or something, so I guess I like 'bear' even if I am fairly hairless for a dark haired person of Western European heritage.
Western European bear with stubble in suspenders, hmmm..

Random confession: I did the whole rainbow accessory thing when I was 14. My classmates were mostly conservative, homophobic and more importantly, ignorant (which is funny considering that we attended one of the top schools in the country). Anyway, the girls loved it and I told them where I got it from (a regular fashion store). Before long, half the girls in my class started carrying rainbow items. They were pretty pissed when I finally told them about the pride colours. <3
Old 02-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #7
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

Quote:
Western European bear with stubble in suspenders, hmmm..

Random confession: I did the whole rainbow accessory thing when I was 14. My classmates were mostly conservative, homophobic and more importantly, ignorant (which is funny considering that we attended one of the top schools in the country). Anyway, the girls loved it and I told them where I got it from (a regular fashion store). Before long, half the girls in my class started carrying rainbow items. They were pretty pissed when I finally told them about the pride colours. <3
Hee hee, that's funny, Cors!

A straight friend of mine once told me she was resentful that the gays took the rainbow symbol for their own, because that meant straight people couldn't use rainbows for anything anymore.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
Elij

Elij has said some nice things

Quote:

I'm sorry you're feeling so lonely tonight. Grab a drink and come sit with me.

It's always fun to find that piece of clothing or accessory that just feels right. I'm sure you look splendid!
Elij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #9
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elij View Post
I'm sorry you're feeling so lonely tonight. Grab a drink and come sit with me.

It's always fun to find that piece of clothing or accessory that just feels right. I'm sure you look splendid!
As long as it is a warm drink, I'm there. You can pull on my suspenders.*

* yes, that sounds much dirtier than I meant it

Last edited by butch; 02-05-2009 at 08:27 PM. Reason: too cold to spell right
butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #10
Cors
Delurking

Quote:
As long as it is a warm drink, I'm there. You can pull on my suspenders.*

* yes, that sounds much dirtier than I meant it
I have been meaning to ask, what is with the new user title?

*attaches leash to suspender and drags Butch to the Tub Thread*
Old 02-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #11
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

Quote:
I have been meaning to ask, what is with the new user title?

*attaches leash to suspender and drags Butch to the Tub Thread*
Oh, the thing under my name? That is a quote from Kathy Bates in the film "Misery," which is where my avatar is from.

Won't the hot tub shrink my suspenders?
Old 02-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #12
Cors
Delurking

Quote:
Won't the hot tub shrink my suspenders?
And you say it like it is a bad thing... :O

I am sure you will have an appreciative audience here.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #13
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

Quote:
And you say it like it is a bad thing... :O

I am sure you will have an appreciative audience here.
hmm, that would be interesting... being an object of attraction here at Dims. You sure know how to flatter a queer, Cors.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #14
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When I was 16, I had a best friend. I confessed to a mutual friend that I had a girl crush on my best friend. That mutual friend, jealous of my relationship with her, told her I was a lesbian and I wanted to sleep with her, which resulted in a very loud, very public rejection and humiliation of me by the girl I'd thought was my best friend. In my ultra-conservative, ultra-right-wing, ultra-rich high school, this was a death sentence for me. I was already hated and treated like crap because I was fat, but now they had yet another reason to ostracize me. They were absolutely hateful. In my panicky 16 year old way I kept telling people I wasn't a lesbian, but of course in typical high school style, they all just kept the rumor going, and kept pushing me into the mud, throwing cherry bombs at my feet, laughing at me in the hallways, shoving me, etc.

They had moved on to just going back to teasing me and beating me up because of my fat when I decided to go to a local hippie shop and buy a patch for my backpack. I bought a pretty rainbow one.

An uncharacteristcally kind person took me aside and explained what it meant, and that I might want to take it off my backpack. It was too late; the rumors had started all over again.

Did I mention I HATE 99.9% of the people I went to high school with?

I think that even if I wasn't attracted to girls in the way I am, I would still be very much a GLBTQ ally for having experienced exactly how ridiculously STUPID and hateful people can be just because of who they think you're attracted to.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #15
Cors
Delurking

Quote:
hmm, that would be interesting... being an object of attraction here at Dims. You sure know how to flatter a queer, Cors.
My Achilles' heel. *sighs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
When I was 16, I had a best friend. I confessed to a mutual friend that I had a girl crush on my best friend. That mutual friend, jealous of my relationship with her, told her I was a lesbian and I wanted to sleep with her, which resulted in a very loud, very public rejection and humiliation of me by the girl I'd thought was my best friend. In my ultra-conservative, ultra-right-wing, ultra-rich high school, this was a death sentence for me. I was already hated and treated like crap because I was fat, but now they had yet another reason to ostracize me. They were absolutely hateful. In my panicky 16 year old way I kept telling people I wasn't a lesbian, but of course in typical high school style, they all just kept the rumor going, and kept pushing me into the mud, throwing cherry bombs at my feet, laughing at me in the hallways, shoving me, etc.

They had moved on to just going back to teasing me and beating me up because of my fat when I decided to go to a local hippie shop and buy a patch for my backpack. I bought a pretty rainbow one.

An uncharacteristcally kind person took me aside and explained what it meant, and that I might want to take it off my backpack. It was too late; the rumors had started all over again.

I think that even if I wasn't attracted to girls in the way I am, I would still be very much a GLBTQ ally for having experienced exactly how ridiculously STUPID and hateful people can be just because of who they think you're attracted to.
That sounds so extreme and I am so sorry you had to go through that! Girls can be so unkind.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #16
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

Quote:

BBMe, that makes me so angry. I don't know why high school has to be so awful for so many of us who are even a tiny bit different from the average.

I'm so glad that you continue to be an ally, in spite of how you were treated.

Big hugs to you, friend.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:23 AM   #17
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Whoot! I love braces! I used to wear them when i was younger and thought they were dead sexy but my boobs would always push them to the side. Excellent work. thought i agree with cors..we do need Photographic evidence!

Quote:

Thats just shit. I'm sorry you had to go through that.. hmmm Where is the cuddle smile guy??? i demand we have one!! it is needed lots!!
I was 'outed' at school because there was a girl who had a crush on me and didnt want to go out with her and she ended up stalking me and writing stuff all over my school about me..which was a bit mental. I didnt really bullied much cause i looked too crazy and i think people were a bit frightened. (shaved undercut and vermillion hair, many piercings, trenchcoat, army shorts and a suit and big para boots.. grrrrrrrr!!).
Old 02-06-2009, 05:31 AM   #18
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh my confession..erm.. cripes..let me think..
Well, keeping with the school theme..I was in assembly and one of the teachers asked me to stay behind. She told me she had been at the local flower show (lol) in the country park next to where i used to stay. Anyway, she told me she had seen me in a cave with a boy!! (actually this was true..it was a last wee snog with my bf before lesbianism). I told her it wasnt me.. she said:
"How many people do you know with bright red hair"
i said "hmm about 25" (i was lying)
then i said.. "well it couldnt have been me in a cave with a boy because i'm a lesbian"
This teacher was in her late 50's and very old fashioned, she got all flustered and red and said..
"was it a GIRL you were in a cave with"
i just said no..
she was like "are you SURE you are gay?"
"YuP"
then she said.. and i shall never forget this as long as i live because it was the strangest thing i have ever heard anyone say when they learn i'm gay... she said:
"Well, just dont go throwing yourself against any barricades or anything" !!!??lmao SERIOSLY!!

Later that day my P.E Teacher came over, slapped me on the back and asked if i "needed to talk".. haha

oh school!!
i'm sure i have better confessions than that.. i just cant think right now.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #19
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Oh my confession..erm.. cripes..let me think..
Well, keeping with the school theme..I was in assembly and one of the teachers asked me to stay behind. She told me she had been at the local flower show (lol) in the country park next to where i used to stay. Anyway, she told me she had seen me in a cave with a boy!! (actually this was true..it was a last wee snog with my bf before lesbianism). I told her it wasnt me.. she said:
"How many people do you know with bright red hair"
i said "hmm about 25" (i was lying)
then i said.. "well it couldnt have been me in a cave with a boy because i'm a lesbian"
This teacher was in her late 50's and very old fashioned, she got all flustered and red and said..
"was it a GIRL you were in a cave with"
i just said no..
she was like "are you SURE you are gay?"
"YuP"
then she said.. and i shall never forget this as long as i live because it was the strangest thing i have ever heard anyone say when they learn i'm gay... she said:
"Well, just dont go throwing yourself against any barricades or anything" !!!??lmao SERIOSLY!!

Later that day my P.E Teacher came over, slapped me on the back and asked if i "needed to talk".. haha

oh school!!
i'm sure i have better confessions than that.. i just cant think right now.
Why is it always the PE teacher who is 'sensitive' to the gay issues?
Old 02-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #20
mergirl

I know!! haha. She was actually married though cause i played vollyball with her outside of school and her husband was on an opposing team!!?? weird.. you know even when P.E teachers are straight, they are gay! lol
Old 02-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #21
Cors
Delurking

Hmm, I had a crush on my butch PE teacher when I was 9.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #22
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Okay my first girlfriend was during my Sophmore year of high school and she was a Swiss exchange student, my mom and all my other friends thought we had a special bond, and we did, it was called dryhumping.
We never did much more than kiss, but when she flew home it was a teenage hormone filled cry fest....
Oh to be 16 again....

Yeah there, I confessed.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #23
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post
Okay my first girlfriend was during my Sophmore year of high school and she was a Swiss exchange student, my mom and all my other friends thought we had a special bond, and we did, it was called dryhumping.
We never did much more than kiss, but when she flew home it was a teenage hormone filled cry fest....
Oh to be 16 again....

Yeah there, I confessed.
awww.. Hormone filled cry fests are the worst!! Great confession!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #24
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
awww.. Hormone filled cry fests are the worst!! Great confession!
I wasn't gonna add this in, but fuck it!

Our song was this really lame pop number "Big Big World" by Emilia, and we listened to it all the way to the airport, I listened to it the whole way home, and for weeks afterward.

It's the most depressing song evar, and to this day I can't stomach to hear it.

Jesus I feel as if I should be paying the GLBTQ thread by the hour.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #25
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post
I wasn't gonna add this in, but fuck it!

Our song was this really lame pop number "Big Big World" by Emilia, and we listened to it all the way to the airport, I listened to it the whole way home, and for weeks afterward.

It's the most depressing song evar, and to this day I can't stomach to hear it.

Jesus I feel as if I should be paying the GLBTQ thread by the hour.
Oh my! Curiosity got the better of me and i listened to that song.. It really could be in a angsty gay teenager film.. when that song was playing it would most definatly be raining while one looked out a window wrapped in a blanket while the other wandered aimlessly through some wasteland soaking wet. Oh the Humanity!!