Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 03-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #51
CBV_5150

CBV_5150 has said some nice things

Ive really been into Misery Signals lately, they bring the heavy and the melody...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXKZDflFzu4
CBV_5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:26 AM   #52
AFatChance

AFatChance has said some nice things

My favorite bands:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - This one is hard to explain, but I am so attracted to Karen O. She is just phenomenal. And "Maps" had such a girly emotional effect on me. The way she sings in it just gives you the chills.

Gorillaz - They have been one of my favorites since I was 13 or so. Their songs just sound so desolate and isolated...by that I guess I mean, I like the sad feeling of some of their songs. And the upbeat ones are just cool.

Straylight Run - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5uect48Vcc

Said The Whale - I am just getting into them. They have a way with words.

I'm an indie kid...
Old 03-09-2009, 01:31 AM   #53
the hanging belly

the hanging belly has said some nice things

Right now Il Divo
the hanging belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:23 AM   #54
ClockworkOrange
A Voice from Catland

ClockworkOrange can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesClockworkOrange can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesClockworkOrange can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Yeah Yeah Yeahs are awesome, Karen O is the dream

I can't stop listening to old Modest Mouse & The Smiths

Oh and At The Drive-In's cover of "This Night has Opened my Eyes" (smiths) Soooo good.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #55
AFatChance

AFatChance has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockworkOrange View Post
Yeah Yeah Yeahs are awesome, Karen O is the dream

I can't stop listening to old Modest Mouse & The Smiths

Oh and At The Drive-In's cover of "This Night has Opened my Eyes" (smiths) Soooo good.

She is... I can't get enough.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #56
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Today at work we were playing a lot of Nick Drake... forgot how great he was.
THANK YOU for saying that. Pink Moon is one of my top 5 favorite albums of all time.
Ninja Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #57
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Also, any fellow Gojira fans? Can I get a "hell yeah?"
Ninja Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:27 AM   #58
TheMildlyStrangeone

TheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this board

new album by a band called the Birdmonster has been getting a lot of play by me.
TheMildlyStrangeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:40 AM   #59
~da rev~
Call me Axel

~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board

Been listening to a lot of Ween and just starting to get into Elvis Costello by listening to his album called This Year's Model.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #60
Orchid

Orchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this board

my favorite singer/musician is Bobby Caldwell
Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:32 AM   #61
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm feeling Beyonce..the older stuff

Green Light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaNLd...eature=channel

and Amerie's 1 thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACUNomJBwS4

Last edited by chicken legs; 03-10-2009 at 05:44 AM.
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:54 PM   #62
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Just found out I may have to take a flight out west so this is my anti anxiety song that I have on repeat...also one of my favorite songs ever.

William De Vaughn-Be Thankful For What You Got

http://www.zshare.net/audio/568387462cf7b2ca/
WhiteHotRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #63
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHotRazor View Post
Just found out I may have to take a flight out west so this is my anti anxiety song that I have on repeat...also one of my favorite songs ever.

Anxiety about flying?or about whats going to happen once you get there?

just being nosey
Old 03-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #64
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

^a bit of both.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #65
chicken legs
yawn

well don't worry about the flight it should be all good...the other stuff idk...lol
Old 03-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #66
Smite
Here Comes Your Man

Smite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized rep

I'm kinda ashamed because I hated this band all my life, but now i'm warming up to them, smh.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #67
ClockworkOrange
A Voice from Catland

ClockworkOrange can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesClockworkOrange can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesClockworkOrange can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

how can you have hated Sonic Youth? so good
Old 03-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #68
Smite
Here Comes Your Man

Smite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized rep

"It's just alot of noise".

Plus I was a fan of Boston alternative/grunge over Seattle alternative/grunge as evidenced by my avatar and signature :P
Old 03-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #69
ClockworkOrange
A Voice from Catland

I mean, cities be damned, if you're down with Dinosaur Jr. and the Pixies and the Lemonheads how can you not groove w/Sonic Youth hehe. Not to forget about bands like My Bloody Valentine, and they're not even from the states! Seriously though it's cool that you're getting into them now
Old 03-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #70
Smite
Here Comes Your Man

I must admit, I get a nice thrill off of "Spoonman" and "Rusty Cage" :O
Old 03-11-2009, 08:54 AM   #71
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Bonnie Prince Billy - Strange Form of Life (The Letting Go)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsQ8TqXr7B0

I've loved his stuff since the Palace days.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:54 AM   #72
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHotRazor View Post

Cool song. Too bad he didn't record more.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #73
chicken legs
yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smite View Post
I must admit, I get a nice thrill off of "Spoonman" and "Rusty Cage" :O
I get all warm and fuzzy thinking about Soundgarden..mmmmmmmm

The day I tried to live limo wreck
Old 03-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #74
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

These were the song I was playing in the car when I was driving home.

Foster Sylvers- Misdemeanor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulStNGIJndE

Steve Miller Band -Abracadabra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTJ1hRaElyE

Pacific Division, Dom Kennedy & Carter - Everybody Knows Us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJjIKvWGzyI

Jimmy Cliff - The harder they come
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjtXfkHCEkY

Dan Hartman - I Can Dream About You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc3Sa4n0rS8

The Cure - love cats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EeZRBStMNQ
Old 03-12-2009, 01:08 AM   #75
ClockworkOrange
A Voice from Catland

some dreamy stuff....

Current 93 - It's Time, Only Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7MnW...C511CF&index=0

The Cure - Plainsong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbFD0xQtjS4

The Smiths - I Know it's Over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2e4V3Xh17w

Red House Painters - Medicine Bottle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BMZ7wfLyno

Marissa Nadler - Diamond Hearts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaOA2...eature=related

Tags