Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 03-04-2009, 10:54 PM   #1
caliente_calcetines

caliente_calcetines has said some nice things
Default Dating in the lesbian bbw and ssworld

How do you other bbw's and ssbbw's find dates out and about? I've been having the worst time finding anyone that I'm both physically and mentally attracted to. What I'm getting at is, where do you meet girls!
caliente_calcetines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am a slim FFA. I do have a "type", but it is not rigid and I don't believe in actively seeking out someone who falls into that category. However, I do participate in activities/communities/forums and have gotten to know interesting, wonderful women I am physically attracted to and can connect with. They all live so far away though - not conducive at all for romance! (I am happily attached now but I do wish I have more queer/fat female friends to hang out with.)

I guess it is harder for BBWs and SSBBWs to find a girl who is also an FA because it isn't immediately obvious unless she is on a site like Dims.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm not single, but I think just getting involved around your city might prove useful. There are a couple of lesbian/bisexual groups in chicago that I'm involved in -- there's outings and different activities all designed to mix and mingle whether it be romantic or just looking to make new friends.

Try meetups.com - even if you don't find a group specific to lesbians in your area, join a group that has something that interests you. And trust me there are ALL kinds of groups, really something for everyone.

I've made couple friends through being active in yoga and bellydance. I've gotten to know these women well because we practice several times a week and on the weekends we're at haflas. So it's really proved to be a positive thing.

Just don't get panicky and give up if you're not finding anything at first. Part of the fun is just getting out there -- going to a lounge/club/dance/etc. Try to keep your mind open, you never know who you'll meet.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #4
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

yessum. Also sites like 'gaydar girls' and 'pink sofa'. I know lots of people who have met via those sites. Though not specifically for fa/bbws, there will be plenty there. happy dating x
Old 03-10-2009, 05:43 AM   #5
Celestial Ceece
SSBBW Singer

Celestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Nolose!

Nolose is an amazing organization for fat queer chicks, fat transfolks, and our allies... www.nolose.org - they have their own forums but the forums aren't as active as here. They are also on LJ. I would recommend going to one of their events as they have lots of fat accepting hotties of all orientations! I've met some very cool people through there and going to the conference is an experience like no other. You could definitely find a hook up there, or somebody for a long-term relationship, and they have events frequently in different regions.

Where are you exactly? I'm in Vermont. Anyway, good luck, and I know just how hard it is for a fat queer chick to find love...it seems almost impossible! NOLOSE is something I look forward to even if I can't make it due to whatever circumstances, but I always try to get there since i've found it. You will find so many people like yourself - but a diverse queer community as well. Contact me if you want to chat more about it!

XO and Fat Hugs - Celisa