Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-31-2005, 11:39 PM   #1
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default A few Halloween Questions

1) What kind of candy (or other treat) did you give out for Halloween

2) Did you buy your favorites, with the intention of eating the leftovers?

3) Did you eat it all before Halloween and have to restock?

4) Did you keep the lights out so no one knocked, and you could keep the candy all to yourself?

me:

1) Almond Joy and 100 Grand

2) Of course

3) Well, yes, I made a huge dent in the Almond Joys, that's why I bought the 100 Grand bars. lol.

4) Well, actually...yeah. But! We haven't had any kids come by for years, so I don't think I was keeping anyone away. So why did I buy Halloween candy to give away?

Oh come now...DUH!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:44 AM   #2
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

1) What kind of candy (or other treat) did you give out for Halloween
BlowPops and Butterfinger/Nestle/BabyRuth Miniature Mix. We also made cupcakes.

I don't eat a lot of candy right now, so I bought the boyfriend's favorite.

No, we got it the night before and opened it at work.

4) Did you keep the lights out so no one knocked, and you could keep the candy all to yourself?
We went to a birthday dinner with friends.. the candy was for co-workers and they have been *streaming* in since it was put out. Talk about being a popular spot in the office.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:41 AM   #3
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

1) What kind of candy (or other treat) did you give out for Halloween?

Nestle Crunch bars and Butterfingers.

Not really. I bought what I had a coupon for so it was .50 a bag.

No, I opened one bag and ate a small portion of it but the other bags stayed there untouched.

No, I was hoping to get trick or treaters but I got home late. I will bring the remaining bags to work to share though - I'm sure my coworkers won't mind.
moonvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:35 AM   #4
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I wasn't home for trick-or-treaters (there are few in Manhattan). Went to a party where it was more about the beverages than the candy. But in the afternoon I got into the Halloween spirit by having hot buttered yams and an orange Moon Pie for lunch.

Speaking of Moon Pies, here're my impressions of the new flavors...

Strawberry: Smells like sick room. Real pretty, though.

Lemon: Tastes like industrial grade kerosene.

Orange: Not horrible. I used Hershey's Syrup to try and draw a jack-o-lantern on one. But it came out looking more like a smiley face faking its smile. So I just sucked the rest of the Hershey's out of the bottle, which helped mask the lingering kerosene flavor.

Overall: Stick with the standards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moon pie jack-o-lantern.jpg (62.2 KB, 123 views)
"If you stand on a soapbox and trade rhetoric with a dictator you never win. That's what they do so well; they seduce people. But if you ridicule them, bring them down with laughter, they can't win." ~ Mel Brooks

"The country is run by extremists, 'cause moderates have shit to do." ~ Jon Stewart

"And she doesn't wear polyester except when she's kidding."~ Egbert Souse
Boteroesque Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:23 PM   #5
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default eggstortion

I swear I have the most dour, thuggish kids in my neighborhood. Half are like 15 with no costumes, and don't even say thank you. I chalk it up to bribes, hopefully ensuring November 1st finds my house egg-free. The little cute ones make up for it, though. We had a slow but steady trickle, though I understand in the 'burbs trick or treating is a thing of the past. Parents in my nabe aren't as paranoid as elsewhere, or are in jail and have more pressing concerns.

I bought about 40 pounds of mixed candy and sat on my porch with a six pack and a friend of mine who's French and had barely any idea what was going on. I went inside to fetch some non-candy munchies for us at one point and when I came back out, a huge platoon of sugar-crazed urchins had breached the Manginot Line of my front gate. He looked completely horrified as they swarmed around him.

"Trick or treat! Trick or Treat!"

"Ask heem! Ask heem!" he kept yelling at them while pointing at me.

I have about a pound of candy left, nasty stuff like Nerds and cheap generic chocolate in plain foil wrappers, after eating the rest of the Bit'o'Honey's and making myself sick.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:26 PM   #6
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default yowza

That pic represents the only reason to ever eat a moon pie. That is, to get to the yummy center.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote