Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-22-2009, 01:05 AM   #26
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

jewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Yum!

I've been in love with the Wasabi and soy sauce almonds for over a year. I wish they came in a bigger can!!
jewels_mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:08 AM   #27
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

jewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillblessed23 View Post
omg tonight I found this asiago cheese and artichoke dip in Wegmans. It is amazing! The taste lingers in you mouth and it is great. You have to heat it up though and I found that it taste best with tortilla chips.
Wegmans hmmmmmmmmmmmm memories.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #28
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm almost embarrassed by mine- everyone elses sound so fancy! LOL

But I tried the Dunkin' Donuts waffle breakfast sandwich this morning...YUMMINESS!!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 09:02 AM   #29
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Agave nectar. Especially the light (in color and flavor) kind. I've heard a lot of debate on whether or not it is actually better for you than table sugar as far as the glycemic thing, but it dissolves/blends completely into iced tea. Which, if you drink a LOT of iced tea like I do, and like it a little bit sweet but nowhere near as sweet as "sweet tea" like I do, makes it a miracle product.

Tracy
Old 02-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #30
phatkhat

phatkhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesphatkhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Taco Town's tacos blow everything else out of the water!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/1447/satur...live-taco-town
Old 02-22-2009, 07:30 PM   #31
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
Agave nectar. Especially the light (in color and flavor) kind. I've heard a lot of debate on whether or not it is actually better for you than table sugar as far as the glycemic thing, but it dissolves/blends completely into iced tea. Which, if you drink a LOT of iced tea like I do, and like it a little bit sweet but nowhere near as sweet as "sweet tea" like I do, makes it a miracle product.

Tracy
hmmm that sounds good.. I have to look for it.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #32
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Talking

Trader Joe's English style crumpets. It is a cross between an english muffin, pancake and biscuit. Very yummy!

I had my first visit to Trader Joe's yesterday. I picked up a ton of stuff. I am sure I will be posting more soon. I LOVE THAT STORE!!!!!!!!!
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #33
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

A bag of ultra-sweet clementines!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:49 AM   #34
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
Very yummy. There is a chocolate bread recipe I am going to attempt on their website.

http://www.cheerios.com/ourCereals/B...rios_home.aspx
Peanut Butter Banana Cheerio Bars

cup of peanut butter
2 tablespoons of butter
10.5 oz of mini marshmallows
6 cups of Banana Nut Cheerios
cup of banana chips, broken into pieces

Spray a 13x9 pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. In a microwave safe bowl place the marshmallows, butter, and peanut butter. Microwave for 1 minute and then stir, keep microwaving in 15 second intervals until all of the marshmallows have melted. Add in the cheerios and stir to combine and spread in the pan in a even layer. Immediately top with the banana chips and press them into the cheerios. Let them cool completely in the pan and then cut into squares.
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #35
swordchick
Deeeeeeeeeeeeez Nuts!

swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

These are absolutely delicious.

Rest in peace, Cinda
and all the others that have passed.
We will miss you sweet angels.

swordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:16 AM   #36
TygerKitty

TygerKitty can now change their title

^^ OO those look good!

When I was in Hawaii at the Mauna Loa factory they had awesome kinds of macadamia nuts flavored with other things... my favorite was some cinnamon/sugar kinda mix thing that was slightly sweet... delish!

I recently re-discovered the little debbie star crunch cookies... I love those gooey crunchy cookies! I haven't had them in yearsssssssss!
Old 03-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #37
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

Chef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized rep

Actually, they have a Salt and Vinegar flavor now. Quite addictive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Yum!

Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #38
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Last week I went to Trader Joe's to get many many boxes of the Baked Pita crackers (the ones that started this thread - they are back in stock!) While there I picked up some good cracker toppings and I fell in love with one.

It's Pub Cheese Gourmet Spreadable Cheddar, sharp cheddar flavor. It's made by Rondele (they also make an herb cheese spread similar to Boursin). I checked online and they make several flavors, including cheddar horseradish and cheddar jalepeno.

I often buy Wispride and other brands of cheddar cheese spreads but I liked 2 things about the Pub Cheese. It's a little bit whipped, so it's fluffy, which is good for dipping and spreading. And it has a cheesy flavor that reminds me of the cheese packet in Kraft blue box mac and cheese. And YEAH, that's a good thing.

pub_8_sharp_ch.jpg
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #39
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Lays kettle cooked potato chips with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Oh my God, they are so good, I had to physically remove myself from the bag!!
DeniseW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #40
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Norman Love Confections
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #41
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hershey's Coconut Creme Kisses!!!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #42
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkin1024 View Post
Hershey's Coconut Creme Kisses!!!
oooh I have to look for these. I love coconut.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #43
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels_mystery View Post
oooh I have to look for these. I love coconut.
I found them at Drug Emporium with all the Easter goodies.

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Old 03-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #44
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A friend of mine has one one of these, though a little bigger. A few months ago we discovered that melting Trader Joe's Belgian chocolate (3 parts milk, 1 part dark) on low and then dipping fresh fruit on fondue forks in it is divine and much easier than regular fondue.

Through many subsequent tests, we've discovered the best fruits seem to be green apples, red grapes, strawberries and bananas. Pound cake works too, but it's not as good as the fruit.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #45
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Hi Rainy,

That sounds yummy! I love to dip fruit in chocolate.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #46
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
A friend of mine has one one of these, though a little bigger. A few months ago we discovered that melting Trader Joe's Belgian chocolate (3 parts milk, 1 part dark) on low and then dipping fresh fruit on fondue forks in it is divine and much easier than regular fondue.

Through many subsequent tests, we've discovered the best fruits seem to be green apples, red grapes, strawberries and bananas. Pound cake works too, but it's not as good as the fruit.
That sounds so good. I may try this.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #47
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Uhm.... yum.

Kisses filled with Coconut Creme. Yes, yes. They're delish!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 5.jpg (35.4 KB, 349 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 6.jpg (22.3 KB, 349 views)
Old 04-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #48
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday View Post

Add some heavy cream to your chocolate to keep it from breaking if it gets too warm. You can also add some liqueur to it if you're a naughty, naughty girl.
katorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #49
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Liqueur...great idea! And now I want coconut kisses too.

Today's discovery:

Fresh, uncooked apple-pear sauce! Just two really cold fuji apples and a bartlett pear cut in chunks and pulsed and whizzed in a Magic Bullet for under a minute. Crisp and cidery and better than any regular applesauce I've ever had.

I left the skins on and it pulverized them so much you couldn't even tell they were there.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #50
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Uhm.... yum.

Kisses filled with Coconut Creme. Yes, yes. They're delish!
oh. my. god.

must find
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote