Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 04-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #26
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

Hi

I accept it, but I have never experienced being skinny. Any negativity in my life comes from Society and it is soon out of my mind as I deal with the rat race.

I do regret some limitations that I have and how much of my weight could a Smart Car really handle on a daily basis? I have thought of getting one..

William

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandoz View Post
No one answer here. In terms of appearance, ehhh...it is what it is. In terms of health, aches & pains, HATE IT. In terms of convenience, other than it's impact on my driving, another ehhh.

On the other hand, do I have any desire to be what society pushes as normal size? Not at all.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #27
luscious_lulu
Boobzilla

luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I accept my fat. I love who I am and think I am attractive, but I would like to lose some weight.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #28
the hanging belly

the hanging belly has said some nice things

I honestly like the way my fat looks. I quite like being fat, but I guess I have to accept what else comes with it. Yesterday I got told by someone I'm friends with (and like a little more than a friend) that my weight doesn't sit right. I'm tall and all belly but little boobs, and my friend said my weight would only look good if i was short and had big boobs. And he's fat himself! I don't even want big boobs, I like them as they are. I guess thats hard because I've always wanted to find someone who liked my physical appearance at the size I'm at. I think its funny when other people who I don't know or like say things about my weight, but when its a friend or someone who's opinion I value, it kind of hurts. So I guess I LIKE my weight, but have no choice but to ACCEPT what comes with it.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just feeling a little down today.
the hanging belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #29
chunkeymonkey
Happy to be here

chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
in your journey where are you? do you or are you at the stage of just trying to accept your fat or do you actually like it? i know a lot of people have gone from kind of accepting the societal line that its better to be thin to accepting the size they are. where do you fit on the continuim? if there were a skinny pill would you take it tomorrow? would you be ok with losing for non health oriented reasons or do you feel a bit sad when you drop a few? are you happier when you gain? or are you somewhere in the middle, enjoying it on some days and not so much on others?

Wow great question ! I can actually say if there were a skinny pill I probably would take it. I would for the reason, I am a dreamer and often wonder "what if ". In my head I like to say I love who I am and back in the subconscious I hear imagine what it would be like if you were a size 12 because a size 12 even a 14 is something I have not seen since I was a a child. I have the life experience to know that being skinny won't give me what I want as does being Fat. I know that loving myself for who I am is the most important and along with different weights will come different life experiences. I don't think the grass is any more different on either side however I can see myself grazing to find out. The possibilities of the unknown and human nature on my part.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:16 AM   #30
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hanging belly View Post
I honestly like the way my fat looks. I quite like being fat, but I guess I have to accept what else comes with it. Yesterday I got told by someone I'm friends with (and like a little more than a friend) that my weight doesn't sit right. I'm tall and all belly but little boobs, and my friend said my weight would only look good if i was short and had big boobs. And he's fat himself! I don't even want big boobs, I like them as they are. I guess thats hard because I've always wanted to find someone who liked my physical appearance at the size I'm at. I think its funny when other people who I don't know or like say things about my weight, but when its a friend or someone who's opinion I value, it kind of hurts. So I guess I LIKE my weight, but have no choice but to ACCEPT what comes with it.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just feeling a little down today.
*hugz* Don't let that comment hurt you. I've never understood people who talk about one kind of body being right and another wrong. The fact that it exists makes it right - just cos you don't find it attractive doesnt mean there's automatically something wrong with how I happen to be shaped. HB. long as you like it nothing and nobody else matters.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #31
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Love it

I love being a BBW! I love my size! A few years ago, i would have taken the "skinny pill", but not anymore. I always vary in my sizes from 220lbs to 300+ lbs. I have to say I just adore it at all weights.

From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
BarbBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #32
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!

I would opt to be "normal". I have accepted being fat years ago, but life would be much easier if I blended in with the majority of the population. But I would like to emphasize that since I have been fat all my life, being unhappy or frustrated in my current state is useless and would make me more crazy than I already am. So, I do not dwell on things I cannot change. But, since you asked the question, I will answer it truthfully . . .

Being normal weight would also make it easier on health complications I have, as OPs have noted. For example due to my multiple sclerosis, my balance is generally in the "crapper". When I lose my balance & fall down, it takes an a major effort to get me on my feet again (fire dept., inflating air mattress, or mechanical lifting aid, etc.). So, by weighing less, getting me up off the floor would be easier and less of a production.
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 PM   #33
ladle
Back on Top

ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I accept that I like it
ladle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #34
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It is really only recently that I have become scared shitless that I will continue to gain, or not be able to lose some weight. When I was much smaller, I thought about the actual numbers more than I do now. But, because I am nearly 47 years old, and my eating has, at times, become crazy, I respond more to the REALITY of what is happening with my body, and then the normal aging process that is a bucket of cold water in ones face.

Would I take a ' skinny pill '?...no...because my mind does not work the exact same way it did when I was younger. However, I sure as hell hope I will be able to lose some weight. Again...REALITY can't always be self loved away. While I like some of the aspects of my fat, and I would never be thin, I hope to not be too much older with this exact body. If I do continue on with this body, then I hope I can deal.

I don't have thoughts about what I ' should ' look like. I don't care what the mainstream side says...and I don't care what some here might say. I just want to get to a place where the buzzing from both ' sides ' is out of my head...and I live for me. * drags my good self to bed...it's late!...zzzzzzzz *
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #35
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Every now and again, I get bogged down by the problems that my extra weight can and does bring with it and I think it would be wonderful if I could be skinny. That generally lasts for a second and then I realize how unhappy I'd be, because I genuinely like who I am; I like being fat. The first time the realization hit me, I was a little freaked out because I know I'm supposed to want to be thin. That isn't me tho, I'm a fatty--and I was born to be.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:51 AM   #36
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It looks like a few people touched on it, but I think there's another step too. Accepting it, liking it, and then accepting and becoming COMFORTABLE with the fact that you like it.
It seems like a lot of people can be ok with the idea of a fat person not being uncomfortable with their body, but actually *liking* it? Honey, you're going to have to really defend and stick up for yourself in that battle. Are you ready for it? Time for the big girl pants.
I think this is my biggest issue now. I think i've always LIKED being fat, but it's taking me time to accept the fact that I like it. I feel like not only as a fat person, but as a female in general, that society expects me to be this calorie-counting, poring over vogue, WISHING I could be thin enough to fit into Chanel, obsessing about becoming "perfect."
I think this is the hardest part of the journey. I only have one "real life" friend that i've been open with about my weight and she just doesn't get it. We go out and she obsesses over what she eats, and I just eat what I want. I eat what I want. She knows about Dims, I've shown her around. I've explained everything under the sun. She still doesn't understand. So, how do you get around it? How do you explain, "Well, Actually I don't want to lose weight. Thanks"?
That's the hard part. You're not just defending your body anymore, you're at a point where you're not only defending your body but also defending your interests and WHO YOU ARE.
I am a big girl. I like being a big girl. I got excited as all hell when I noticed I was developing hips. Now, how do I defend myself?
Old 04-08-2009, 06:39 AM   #37
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
It looks like a few people touched on it, but I think there's another step too. Accepting it, liking it, and then accepting and becoming COMFORTABLE with the fact that you like it.
It seems like a lot of people can be ok with the idea of a fat person not being uncomfortable with their body, but actually *liking* it? Honey, you're going to have to really defend and stick up for yourself in that battle. Are you ready for it? Time for the big girl pants.
I think this is my biggest issue now. I think i've always LIKED being fat, but it's taking me time to accept the fact that I like it. I feel like not only as a fat person, but as a female in general, that society expects me to be this calorie-counting, poring over vogue, WISHING I could be thin enough to fit into Chanel, obsessing about becoming "perfect."
I think this is the hardest part of the journey. I only have one "real life" friend that i've been open with about my weight and she just doesn't get it. We go out and she obsesses over what she eats, and I just eat what I want. I eat what I want. She knows about Dims, I've shown her around. I've explained everything under the sun. She still doesn't understand. So, how do you get around it? How do you explain, "Well, Actually I don't want to lose weight. Thanks"?
That's the hard part. You're not just defending your body anymore, you're at a point where you're not only defending your body but also defending your interests and WHO YOU ARE.
I am a big girl. I like being a big girl. I got excited as all hell when I noticed I was developing hips. Now, how do I defend myself?
With her its her issue not yours. And she may not even really be putting it on you so much as she is herself. Lead by example, living your life to the fullest as a big person and she either will get it or not.
For me with people who don't get it I just stand my ground and say this is who and what I am. I have always been a big persona, and that is a part of my identity just as being a caring and loving person, a artist, a mom, a dedicated worker and great friend is part of me. And I have come to realize that most often it is THEIR own issues with themselves and their body issues that come into play when they advise you. I don't defend my right to be just who I am I just live it. I had such a friend who always has a diet for me every time she sees me and after talking with her and trying to get her to see my point she just doesn't get it at all. She is inflicting this damage on her kids which makes me even more mental so I limit contact with her so as not to flip on her and destroy the friendship my husband has with her hubby and her. I just took myself out of the equation. In my opinion if someone cannot accept who you are inside and out then I move on.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:12 AM   #38
LisaInNC

LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have accepted that I am fat because if I were thin, my big ole head would make me topple over. YAY FAT!!

Sometimes, being a bitch is all a woman has to hang on to.
LisaInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #39
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Is it just me or do more youngish people accept it? Maybe because aches, pains, health stuff hasn't kicked in yet?
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #40
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
Is it just me or do more youngish people accept it? Maybe because aches, pains, health stuff hasn't kicked in yet?
I'd guess a few reasons:

- what you said
- more probably found Dimensions or other online size acceptance at a younger age, so didn't spend as many years thinking that nobody accepted it.
- our population is fatter, both on average and the portion of people who are rather fat, especially amongst youth, is much higher than it was a couple of decades ago. So young people have grown up probably feeling less out of the norm.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #41
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
yes, my hardest issue right now is that if i ever say i like it a lot of people both fat and thin look at me as though i've lost my marbles. also i know that my fat and the health issues i have are not related. i'm lucky that i have genetics on my side but i've also worked at it. i've been active and i have a varied diet. i also try my best to maintain my health and go to the doctor regularly. as i get older i think i get better with all of those things. and hopefully i'll be able to keep it going and not give up --especially now that things are not quite as easy.

Last edited by superodalisque; 04-08-2009 at 01:36 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #42
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
I like my body, but I dislike limitations because of it.

This 100000% this.

I am beautiful. Fuck society. But damn it all, my body hurts and I cannot live the life I want to live. I want to scuba dive, I want to hike into the wilderness, I want to going camping for a week and not have to worry about supersized hygiene or sleeping on the ground for a week, I want to be able to shop in the same country I live in!!!!! I long to not have my fat dictate what I can and cannot do.

I don't really have a desire to be thin. I'd be happy if there was a pill that made me 250lbs for the rest of my life. But yeah, I'd take the thin pill cos being thin would be better than where I am at now.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #43
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Love/hate.

Most days I don't think about it, I just go about my business. Other days it's all I can think about. But that's with everyone i'm pretty sure. I do enjoy that I look all woman. Curves and boobs and a booty. I can't imagine being skin and bones and finding that feminine at all. Thank god for Marilyn Monroe.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #44
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.

elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!

i'd take the thin pill because, as i've mentioned every time i've seen this topic surface around here, of clothes.
i seriously will lay around daydreaming about outfits i'd wear if i could fit into them. daily.
the boys thing would be a side benefit - i'm into chubby/fat guys, and in my experience they tend to go for skinny girls. so it'd be nice to be desired by guys i'm actually really attracted to from the get-go.

with that said, whether i accept my fat or like it really depends on the day, the season, my mood, the cosmos, who knows. i generally think i'm pretty alright looking, and on other women i almost universally like the way fat looks. but i definitely have days where i really wish the skinny pill existed. like everyone else who's answered, pretty much.

Last edited by elle camino; 04-08-2009 at 05:07 PM.
elle camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #45
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
You shouldn't have to defend yourself. None of us should. That seems like a good answer for people who don't get it too. Either they get it or they don't. They may never get it. Easier to just limit contact with people who constantly question your existence or the way you live your life.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #46
PhatChk

PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
I like my body, but I dislike limitations because of it.
I am at the same place

Eats and Seats :eat2:NEW ENTRY
I am looking for writers to contribute to the blog.
Ask me anything http://formspring.me/LadyGrn
PhatChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #47
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
I'd guess a few reasons:

- what you said
- more probably found Dimensions or other online size acceptance at a younger age, so didn't spend as many years thinking that nobody accepted it.
- our population is fatter, both on average and the portion of people who are rather fat, especially amongst youth, is much higher than it was a couple of decades ago. So young people have grown up probably feeling less out of the norm.
Yeah, that's true. It does concern me that maybe I'm able to accept it now because I don't have very many negative effects, but in the future I feel like I might not be as accepting of myself again, because honestly, there are associated problems. Aches & pains/medical problems does concern me as I get older. I'm only 18, but time flies and I don't want to be in the position where I have to choose WLS just to live a comfortable life. (No offense meant to those who have had WLS, I just don't want to have to use that unless absolutely unavoidably necessary for personal reasons.)
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #48
PhatChk

PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
This 100000% this.

I am beautiful. Fuck society. But damn it all, my body hurts and I cannot live the life I want to live. I want to scuba dive, I want to hike into the wilderness, I want to going camping for a week and not have to worry about supersized hygiene or sleeping on the ground for a week, I want to be able to shop in the same country I live in!!!!! I long to not have my fat dictate what I can and cannot do.

I don't really have a desire to be thin. I'd be happy if there was a pill that made me 250lbs for the rest of my life. But yeah, I'd take the thin pill cos being thin would be better than where I am at now.
I know exactly what you mean. I love my body how soft and curvy it is. However I can't go to the mall because the staring gets so bad it just depresses me. I want to go to different movie theater and amusement park but I can't. I would settle for 300 pounds.

Eats and Seats :eat2:NEW ENTRY
I am looking for writers to contribute to the blog.
Ask me anything http://formspring.me/LadyGrn
PhatChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:31 AM   #49
Tracy
Fat & Sassy

Tracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I love my body just the way it is. This fat that I carry around has become a part of who I am since I was a young girl. Yes there are days that get me down because do I encounter people who are living in their own perfect "thin world" who have no clue how hurtful their comments or looks can be. Its really sad that the world we live in is so f****d up that we as humans have to be placed under so much pressure. Again I ask who gave that person who looks down on me the right to judge me or anyone else for that matter? So nope I would not take the skinny pill. If you don't like me when I'm fat your sure as hell not going to like me when I'm skinny. I'm still the same person either way. I got an email this morning from my boss. I tried to upload the pic but couldn't get it to reduce down to the right size. But anyway it was a picture of a FAT barbie reclining on a couch with the words "glad it finally happened to her" written above it. I did not appreciate my female boss sending it to me. It really pissed me off! Hence the rant. Apologizing for the rant. Just blowing off steam.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #50
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
I like this thread. It made me think of the Xmen - the 2nd particulary. When Nightshade asks Mystique why, if she can look like everybody else, if she can hide her mutation, she chooses not. and her answer, to this day, absolutely moves me. She very simply say, "Because we shouldn't have to." Now fat people arent mutants with super powers - but boy do I wish - but we shouldnt have to apologise for how we are or make excuses just for existing.
What? We fat people have no super powers? Sure hope my boss doesn't find out!

That's a great quote from Mystique. I don't throw my fat in everyone's face (even though some would love that ), but I most definitely do not hide my fat. "Because I shouldn't have to." My size is part of me, and I happen to enjoy how I've turned out. Life is good.

There's a great quote from Popeye too. "I am what I am." (Never could understand why he went gaga over hyperthin Olive Oyl though.)
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acceptance