Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 02-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #51
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

It is odd, I don't see "Losing Chase" mentioned very often when talking about lesbian films...Helen Mirren in love (achingly so) with Kyra Sedgewick. It is one of my favorites and the moment that I fell madly in love with Helen Mirren.

My favorite is still "All Over Me." I will forever be in love with Lucy and her pink hair...it is terminal with me.

Also - "When Night Is Falling" - not only a great love story, but absolutely beautiful in almost every detail...graceful.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #52
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
My favorite is still "All Over Me." I will forever be in love with Lucy and her pink hair...it is terminal with me.
Ditto!

I loved that movie so much....
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #53
KendraLee

KendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging in

Foxfire, this movie isn't overtly lesbian but I found it powerful and sensual. Its one of my favorite movies with a kick ass soundtrack too
Old 02-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #54
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendraLee View Post
Foxfire, this movie isn't overtly lesbian but I found it powerful and sensual. Its one of my favorite movies with a kick ass soundtrack too
Yeah...good one!

I love pissed off girl movies...

I downloaded the soundtrack just a few weeks ago!
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:13 PM   #55
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I just saw a movie tonight called Out At The Wedding. It was like one of those chick flick movies (not just because there was a gay theme); it had a wedding, a love story, one of those crazy mixed up misunderstandings that can only happen in the movies, and (last but not least) lots of cute girls.
I happened to see a commercial for it on LOGO (the gay channel, for anyone who doesn't know) and then it was on TV that night so I DVR'd it and watched it tonight. I thought it was a cute movie, I liked it.

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #56
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

Strawberry & Chocolate? a Cuban 1993 movie.

Last edited by jcas50; 02-19-2009 at 08:32 PM.
jcas50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #57
Canonista
Rep Dealer

Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I did start a thread about "Milk".
Old 02-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #58
ahtnamas
Cheeky Penguin

ahtnamas is a member of the 500 clubahtnamas is a member of the 500 clubahtnamas is a member of the 500 clubahtnamas is a member of the 500 clubahtnamas is a member of the 500 clubahtnamas is a member of the 500 club

Lost and Delirious is one of my favorites.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #59
Celestial Ceece
SSBBW Singer

Celestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Queer Cinema

Okay, so I think everyone should recommend movies that they have seen that have queer themes. I think it has been touched on in various threads before but there isn't a thread specifically for Queer/Gay movies, documentaries, etc.

Here are some that I've seen that I think others should see (have also seen some of them mentioned before):

1. But I'm a Cheerleader
2. Milk
3. Fat Girls
4. Small Town Gay Bar
5. Beautiful Creatures
6. De-Lovely
7. Butch Jamie (I recently saw this and thought it was okay, and funny too - plus "Jamie" is a fat butch).
8. Queens
9. Grey Matters (sort of cheesy but cute nonetheless)
10. Coffee Date

#9 and #10 are flicks where the person didn't realize they were gay in the first place, but had their minds (and bodies) changed at some point in the film.

I could think of dozens more but for right now, I'm going to step aside and let others add their two cents.

I started a thread for queer film in here a while ago..
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...ad.php?t=54147
Though there are quite a lot you have mentioned that are not there!
maby we should just merge the two threds! lol..and can continue here..

I should've just looked for your thread, and posted to it so I could've bumped it...glad you included the link to yours! Sorry for the redunancy. I thought I saw that thread a while ago but since I'm sick right now I'm not in a good head space and therefore I'm doing stupid stuff. Woops!

Yes, let us merge these two lists! Sorry peeps (for being a forgetful tool)!

Last edited by butch; 04-12-2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: duplicate threads
Celestial Ceece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #60
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Torch Song Trilogy and When Night Is Falling are two of my all time favorite movies...ever! Yup

I also love Shortbus & The Lost Language of Cranes.

I rather liked But I'm A Cheerleader.

I didn't like The Hunger. I didn't really care for A Home At The End Of The World.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #61
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Revealing My Age.....

Here we go.... Back in the Day....

Personal Best

"Thus, the theatrical debut of Personal Best in 1982 was a watershed moment in the history of representations of bisexual women in film. Directed by Oscar-winning screenwriter Robert Towne (Chinatown), Personal Best was a sports movie about two Olympic track-and-field athletes, Chris Cahill (Mariel Hemingway) and Tory Skinner (Patrice Donnelly), who fall in love with each other while they are competing to be on the U.S. Olympic team."
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:27 AM   #62
Celestial Ceece
SSBBW Singer

Celestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this board
Default My Two Cents

I started a new thread (like a tool) and had recommended some of the following films:
1. But I'm a Cheerleader
2. Milk
3. Fat Girls (it is about a gay guy who relates to his fat chick friend and feels like he is a fat girl too - I highly recommend this movie).
4. Small Town Gay Bar
5. Beautiful Creatures
6. De-Lovely
7. Butch Jamie (I recently saw this and thought it was okay, and funny too - plus "Jamie" is a fat butch hence the title - very cute movie).
8. Queens
9. Grey Matters (sort of cheesy but cute nonetheless)
10. Coffee Date
11. Trailor Park Boys (not gay themed but there are lots of homoerotic overtones, PLUS a lesbian relationship between one of the main characters and her friend...and the main character is possibly bi or something - if you don't pay attention you'll miss the fact that the guy sleeps with other men when he's in prison - at least there are hints of that).

I just bought a DVD from my local video store that is about two chicks (they are kissing right on the cover) but I totally forget the name right now. Oh well, I will repost once I've seen it!

Here's a good list of queer cinema too... http://http://www.planetout.com/popcornq/
Old 04-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #63
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This isn't an entire film, but I totally love the song in the movie Across the Universe where Prudence is singing "I Want to Hold Your Hand" to the cheerleader she obviously has a crush on. It's so angst-y and bittersweet, and she sings it so well - makes my heart ache for her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92Lyxj7U7Q

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #64
Celestial Ceece
SSBBW Singer

Default Another One

I found the DVD about lesbians - but it is not simply about lesbianism. It is another movie about a (seemingly straight) woman who falls for another woman. This one is also an Indian movie, and I'm pretty sure it takes place somewhere in the UK. Can't tell the exact location though. The accents sound Scottish.

Here is the synopsis from the back:
Nina's Heavenly Delights is a surprising love story about a young woman who must take over her father's Indian resaurant and compete in The Best of the West Curry Competition. When Nina then falls in love with the beautiful Lisa, she begins to question a world that has been thrown into sudden turmoil. Can her feelings every be reciprocated? And, if they are, what will this mean for Nina and her family?

What ensues is a comical and touching exploration of what it means to be true to yourself and true to the ones you love.

And the link to the site. What a cute movie! http://www.ninasheavenlydelights.com/

Watching it right now.

Also, I think MerGirl's idea about a GLBTQ lending library or something like that is a great proposal. I don't know the logistics and I definitely think people would need to communicate with one another about this - UK people would need to work with exchanging things with other UK people due to the disc formatting, and similarly, North Americans would have to coordinate with each other in order to figure out about disc/book/other media borrowing or trading, etc.

This idea should probably be explored in another thread. I want to put out there that although things like this can be problematic, I have had good luck with SOME people online using the honor system - meaning that if you promise to make a trade with somebody you honor that promise, and if not, other people should know that you aren't trustworthy! I'd be willing to help coordinate such an effort, if other people are interested.

I have tons of books, CD's, magazines, DVD's, even clothes, and other media/queer things that I would love to send on to other people - not all of these are exclusively queer items but I think it is a great idea for us to share with one another, particularly if we have something sitting around collecting dust that other people could get use out of. Let me know what you think!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #65
Canonista
Rep Dealer

Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonista View Post
I just got the DVD yesterday.

It's still an outstanding movie. Why haven't you folks seen it?