Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 01-26-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default eating throughout the day VS. eating all at once?

just a quick question for all you lovely people:
what's the better technique for piling on those lovely pounds?
is it wiser to eat servings of food throughout the day, or to just eat one or two super huge meals throughout the day?

personally, it's easier for me to eat throughout the day, since i can eat at my work desk, but i'm open to suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
Mr. B

Mr. B has said some nice things

through the day, for sure. I feed my wife all day from 6 am to about 8 at night. She consumes about 15-20k calories per day. She is about 245 now, up from a start weight of 180 in August. First 20-25 lbs took only 6 weeks or so, but it has slowed a lot. Best thing so far is milk shakes - 3-4 per day - big ones from BR, Sonic, etc.We tried big meals at regular times, but she would get stuffed before we got the calories in. Eating all day is best, my opinion. 500lbs is the goal! Here we come!!
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There might be slight differences in how efficient your body is at absorbing the calories, but I suspect that will be swamped by simply how much food you can eat in a day with one method versus the other. And I suspect the answer to that is an individual thing.

For me it would certainly be eating all through the day, it sounds like that might be the answer for you too, but I doubt that it is a universal answer.

-Ed
Old 01-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
stillblessed23
A half full kinda girl

stillblessed23 has super-sized repstillblessed23 has super-sized repstillblessed23 has super-sized repstillblessed23 has super-sized repstillblessed23 has super-sized rep

The best way to pile on the pounds is to skip breakfast and once you are up for an hour or two and really hungry then start eating through out the day. It slows your metabolism down. The more times that you eat smaller amount of calories the faster your body can burn it. If you eat larger amounts of calories more infrequently your body gets "confused" for lack of better terms lol and starts to store the extra calories as fat. Tried and true method I used to do it by accident when I was younger now I sometimes do it on purpose when I amtrying to plump up a little
Old 02-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
rollhandler

rollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticed

Both have their merits. Snacking throughout the day has a tendency to add up the calories in sneaky ways especially if you do it without thinking. Binge eating is good for getting over a plateu.
Rollhandler
rollhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
disconnectedsmile

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollhandler View Post
Both have their merits. Snacking throughout the day has a tendency to add up the calories in sneaky ways especially if you do it without thinking. Binge eating is good for getting over a plateu.
Rollhandler
this is good advice and insight. thank you kindly.
i think my "eating throughout the day" routine is working slowly but surely. in the month of January a gained a grand total of 5 lbs.
it's not much, but a gain is a gain.

Quote:
Old 02-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
rollhandler

rollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnectedsmile View Post
this is good advice and insight. thank you kindly.
i think my "eating throughout the day" routine is working slowly but surely. in the month of January a gained a grand total of 5 lbs.
it's not much, but a gain is a gain.
As far as gains go, yours is not a bad one by any means. Its over a lb/week average and if consistant will be 60 lb in a year. Healthwise that is a good rate of gain because your body can get used to the added mass slowly which will help you build muscle that is needed to lug it around and stresses the body systems less than a rapid gain. In addition a steady slow gain will hit smaller plateus which are frustrating to say the least and the weight gained over time if memory serves will stay longer with less effort and your eating habits over the long run will be harder to stop which will help you maintain after the push to gain is over which makes maintanence easier as well. Keep up the good work.
Rollhandler
rollhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:32 AM   #8
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

That makes sense because in 07 I weighed around 200 and the way my work schedule is I get up around 10:00 am and almost never eat a normal breakfast but tend to eat through out the day.
Now I weigh 229 and never made a serious effort to try and gain but did.
I have hit a plateau lately and not gained but here in the last month or so have found myself eating more at each meal and binging more often.
My appitite has become very strong plus I find myself eating a big meal just before going to bed which is not somthing I did two months ago.
My weight hasn't gone up any so far due to the change in eating habits but if that theory is correct it would make sense if it did.
Its only been a month so really too soon for my body to react to the increase in food intake.
Very interesting topic.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:45 AM   #9
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

throughout the day definitely
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #10
chaoticfate13
just me

chaoticfate13 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeschaoticfate13 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeschaoticfate13 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

throughout the day for me i hate skipping meals or snacks i feel better if i eat regularly
Old 03-10-2009, 12:32 PM   #11
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I eat all day.
I eat 4 meals a day plus snacks!
Snacking alone has helped me gain 20 pounds.
Snacks have crazy calorie content...
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #12
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I too feel better if eat all day. If I go too long I get a twinge of a headache nothing bad I guess its my body telling me to eat something.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:28 AM   #13
bbw_and_proud

bbw_and_proud has said some nice things

I believe that I am programmed to eat throughout the day. I just love snacking on sweets just as much as I love decedant, filling meals. I say, whatever works for you. Find a method your body agrees with, and stick with it.
bbw_and_proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #14
Miss Jayde

Miss Jayde can now change their title
Default Myself

I also eat throughout the day, but have my biggest meal late evening (heaps of carbs) not long before bed and then also snack right before bed just to go to bed on a full tummy and know that food wont get burnt off while sleeping and will help with my weight gain goals.
But on top of that I also have some BIG binges (more frequent now that I can and am eating more) to give my growing body more energy to store as weight gain.
I realise "theoretically" its actually better for weight gain to starve yourself for a period of time as it kills your metabolism, and then eat a serious amount of food after that. But consistently overeating (at least double my daily requirments) also works, as all that extra food just gets stored on my body. And, the constant overeating stretches my stomach and also means I can eat more and more...and gain more too.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #15
vermillion
est. 1983

vermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging in

through out the day....
i have gotten to the point to where i can never be hungry other wise i get really grumpy and i move at the pace of a snail....
my room mates have noticed it as well...
the other day at walmart....we started out normally..by the end of our grocery shopping i was the grumpiest person in the entire world....but i had just spent all my monies on groceries...my room mate had to stop at del taco and get me some food because she knew i was mad because i was hungry.
i hate being hungry...i try to never be hungry...but when it happens everyone better watch out
vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #16
vermillion
est. 1983

vermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging in

also i think that shows how much of an enabler my room mate is...
she also always feeds me her left overs.
i think she loves that i want to be so fat
vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #17
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermillion View Post
through out the day....
i have gotten to the point to where i can never be hungry other wise i get really grumpy and i move at the pace of a snail....
the other day at walmart....we started out normally..by the end of our grocery shopping i was the grumpiest person in the entire world....but i had just spent all my monies on groceries...my room mate had to stop at del taco and get me some food because she knew i was mad because i was hungry.
i hate being hungry...i try to never be hungry...but when it happens everyone better watch out
Geez, glad I'm not your roommate. You're probably a force to be reckoned with when you're grumpy. lol
Old 04-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #18
disconnectedsmile

Quote:
also i think that shows how much of an enabler my room mate is...
she also always feeds me her left overs.
i think she loves that i want to be so fat
not to derail my own topic here, but yeah. LUCKY!
your roommate is awesome, and i envy you.

Quote:
Old 04-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #19
natasfan

natasfan can now change their title

Quote:
through out the day....
wow
eheh
i would like to know you hungry

(?)
natasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #20
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging in

I just eat when I feel like it, lol. When't is available, it goes in my mouth. Seems to work pretty well. A binge here and there is a lot of fun, testing my limits. But really, upping your consumption in any way, shape, or form is going to add on the pounds.
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #21
Tracii

Aurora that is so true.Increasing the amount taken in will do it everytime.
A good binge is always great too. I finally broke the 225 plataeu by eating as much as I could at each meal and snacking all thru the day.
I was about to give up trying to gain and then I noticed felt heavier one morning so I weighed myself and I had gained 4 pounds.
So getting to 240 was relativly easy once I got past that.
Not sure how much I've gained lately but I can feel it.I'm gaining all over not just one area and I love that. Not going to get on the scale until the end of May so we'll see then.
Good luck Aurora.