Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 06-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
EJJ

Default Cars and You. Do you still have room?

Can you still fit in the front seat and drive? Or have you moved to the passenger seat ? Or have you up sized to an SUV?
Me, I fit well in most cars from mid size up. Compacts are a little tight. Oh and don't ask me to sit in the back seat of any car- please! No leg room. 6'3" 300 here
Old 06-09-2009, 12:57 AM   #2
benzdiesel

benzdiesel can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJJ View Post
Can you still fit in the front seat and drive? Or have you moved to the passenger seat ? Or have you up sized to an SUV?
Me, I fit well in most cars from mid size up. Compacts are a little tight. Oh and don't ask me to sit in the back seat of any car- please! No leg room. 6'3" 300 here
Exactly the same here. 6'4" and 310. SUVs aren't necessarily that great... ever been in one of the "jellybean" Grand Cherokees? 99-04 I think. Something like that. Tiny.

I always look for full size cars like a Grand Marquis or my current driver, an 80's Mercedes s-class. Those have got enough leg room for anybody in the front, even us - and, delightfully, the Mercedes even has enough back seat for equally tall people to ride comfortably too. WITH the front seats all the way back - I'd never buy anything else for a long-trip car as long as they're mechanically sound. At 345,000 miles I don't worry much yet.

I've turned down offers to go places before unless I could drive when a compact was the only option. Mid-size ---- it's questionable. I consider a Toyota Camry mid-size, and the last one I drove - yes, I fit in it, yes it was safe enough to drive across town - no, I'd NEVER buy one and I'd NEVER agree to drive one five hours to the beach.

SUVs - it all depends on what they are. Some are better than others, but I have so little fondness for new vehicles, so little money to spend on transportation anyway as a college student, and so little use for new plastic-interior econo-boxes, that I don't think I'd trade the Benz in for one. If I did, it would be a 93-98 Grand Cherokee, the boxy one but not a standard Cherokee (can't fit in those either).

Pickup trucks are by far the best. If I didn't routinely drive so many miles that I couldn't afford the diesel fuel, I'd be in an older Ford power stroke without a backward glance.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:00 AM   #3
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Getting close to having to move the seat back one notch.
I have an SUV too.Don't mind the candy wrapper on my belly.LOL
[/IMG]
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote