Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 06-15-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default A compliment for me

As a mom I have always suspected my one son was gay. Let him know from a young age that it didn't matter to me and would love him no matter what. He knows I have lesbian and Bi sexual friends and we have talked about many issues being GLBTQ.
The other night when we were out for dinner he said to me. "My friends were asking me the other day why I have never come out to you. I told them hey its my mom I don't HAVE to. She has known and accepted and loved me just as I am."
I was very touched and just wanted to share with someone who would understand. Thanks for listening folks.
Ruth
Old 06-15-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

Awwwww, that is totally sweet, Ruffie! I think it's awesome that he feels so comfortable, and I would totally be hugging you right now if I could for being such an amazing mom.
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh Ruffie that is amazing!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:07 AM   #4
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

It really is..You know i actually grinned as i read that! Well done on being an amazing MUM!! Btw, was this the son you were listening to my "vagina music" with?? lmao
oh wait..that sounds bad!! haha..Ruffie knows what i mean!!
I truly wish there were more parents as cool as you. I wish my mum had been as cool as you 15 years ago. You should be proud, that you have made such great children and that have provided them a space that allows them to be who they are without fear!!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
bexy
is red again <3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Aww that made me well up....could well be the hormones lol! But a really sweet story Ruth! You guys must have an amazing relationship

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #6
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
It really is..You know i actually grinned as i read that! Well done on being an amazing MUM!! Btw, was this the son you were listening to my "vagina music" with?? lmao
oh wait..that sounds bad!! haha..Ruffie knows what i mean!!
I truly wish there were more parents as cool as you. I wish my mum had been as cool as you 15 years ago. You should be proud, that you have made such great children and that have provided them a space that allows them to be who they are without fear!!
Yup that is him. He is a singer and songwriter and actor and is always trying to turn me on to his music so turnabout is fair play.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh cool! It would be great to hear his stuff if he has any recorded! I'll bet he wins an award for music or acting and he will dedicate it to you!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
Ruffie

Thanks guys for all the kind compliments. I didn't post for them, but happy to receive them. I think I posted cause I have always been worried about whether or not he was comfortable enough to say something to me. As I said I suspected from a young age but never asked him-Well okay once when I was drunk off my ass for my 40th and he was 13. I asked him in an indirect way that he still likes to tell to make me blush. I asked him slurring my words "If you ever get into anal sex you have to tell me why its so good! Cause I have always believed the chocolate whizway was out only!" I then proceeded to sing to some poor bugger walking down the street and he hauled me in the house!

I wondered if perhaps he hadn't said anything to me because he wondered if on some level I would disapprove or not be accepting. Here he just figured I already knew and there was no need to say it. Muchly relieved because while I always worry/worried about the issues he will have to face I never want him to be someone other than who he is. And I guess he got that.
Ruth
Old 06-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #9
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffie View Post
Thanks guys for all the kind compliments. I didn't post for them, but happy to receive them. I think I posted cause I have always been worried about whether or not he was comfortable enough to say something to me. As I said I suspected from a young age but never asked him-Well okay once when I was drunk off my ass for my 40th and he was 13. I asked him in an indirect way that he still likes to tell to make me blush. I asked him slurring my words "If you ever get into anal sex you have to tell me why its so good! Cause I have always believed the chocolate whizway was out only!" I then proceeded to sing to some poor bugger walking down the street and he hauled me in the house!

I wondered if perhaps he hadn't said anything to me because he wondered if on some level I would disapprove or not be accepting. Here he just figured I already knew and there was no need to say it. Muchly relieved because while I always worry/worried about the issues he will have to face I never want him to be someone other than who he is. And I guess he got that.
Ruth
hahahahahaha!! I think perhaps your drunken chatter might have been a contributing factor as to why he found that her just didnt even have to say. You knew..and he knew you knew.
Might i suggest, never to talk to him about the chocolate whizway again, like over xmas dinner or anything.. There is 'cool' and there is 'MOOOOM stop talking about bottom love'!!!! hahahaha
Old 06-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #10
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
hahahahahaha!! I think perhaps your drunken chatter might have been a contributing factor as to why he found that her just didnt even have to say. You knew..and he knew you knew.
Might i suggest, never to talk to him about the chocolate whizway again, like over xmas dinner or anything.. There is 'cool' and there is 'MOOOOM stop talking about bottom love'!!!! hahahaha
I have no objections to talking about it, as long as you don't use the term "chocolate whizway"!
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:16 PM   #11
GWARrior

GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

thats so awesome Ruffie! Wish more parents were as great as you!
GWARrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:18 AM   #12
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Awww what a great Mom.
Try Hershey highway next time.LOL Ewwwwwe!
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:08 AM   #13
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You are a great mom, Ruffie. You did everything right to put his mind, heat and soul at ease (even while drunk - lol). Someday soon you're going to have a good laugh with him about how concerned you have been all this time that he didn't come out to you. Really, how wonderfully ironic is that?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:27 AM   #14
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That is fantastic, Ruffie. It shows what a great parent you are, and it sounds like you have an amazing son.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #15
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ohhhh Ruffie that's lovely. You sound just like the kind of mum I hope to be someday
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote