Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 06-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #126
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
I was sometimes quite shy when I was a kid. I also had, in certain situations, quite the ' vocabulary '. I dooooo believe it was my Mom who once called me.....Truckstop Annie. My mouth has always been a bit on the chubby side.
Lol, my father came to visit once upon a time and told me that I curse like a sailor. I told him that Mom taught me well......

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #127
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Lol, my father came to visit once upon a time and told me that I curse like a sailor. I told him that Mom taught me well......
Good job, Mom.

My Mom and Dad were not big cursers. They would let go of a damn...hell...an occasional shit. I do have my Mom on video saying...fuck. Doesn't get much better than that.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #128
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Good job, Mom.

My Mom and Dad were not big cursers. They would let go of a damn...hell...an occasional shit. I do have my Mom on video saying...fuck. Doesn't get much better than that.
My mom doesn't curse that much actually- but would say some really inappropriate things when on one of her "rampages" at times. She really gave out way too much information about things to her kids and that is her biggest crime in that arena.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon

Last edited by Green Eyed Fairy; 06-20-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #129
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Good job, Mom.

Doesn't get any better - I bet it way a classic - even better when it happens on Live TV

WNBCTV- Anchor Sue Simmons 'Dropping the F Bomb'
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #130
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Hulking, Burly or Big are definitely not bad words when it comes to describing a man, Tony.....
Hmm how about "Squat" I often see this term used to describe a Short Big Man

Quote:

Kind of neat when you combine your wonderful accent and the curse word. That's priceless
Old 06-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #131
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post

Kind of neat when you combine your wonderful accent and the curse word. That's priceless
What about "stout?" Are BHMs ever referred to as stout?
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #132
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
Yep, great find Olwen
Old 06-21-2009, 04:01 AM   #133
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

My favorite word ever is voluptuous. To me it means juicy and rounded, though i guess to most it means that kinna hourglass big breasted look. To me i just like the onomatapoyic way the word sounds, like velvet, juicyness and plump ripe curvation. Also, women seem to enjoy hearing it "oooh i love how your soo voluptuous" i imagine more than.. "ooh i love your morbid obesity", which is a term you hear more often but just sounds horrible. I wonder how much of the repulsion/sexyness of a word comes from its actual sound when we say it and its conotations. I used two obvious extremes there..one Romantic and the other clinical, but you could get the same person being described as the same thing by different people in different contexts and both would have different meanings to that person. I think 'fat' is a weird one because some people enbrace it and some dont..So its hard to know where to stand. Where as if you asked someone if they would prefer to be called voluptuous or morbidly obese, i'm pretty sure they would pick the first. They are words for the same thing (kinna) comming from different social perspectives.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:28 AM   #134
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post

Squat just seems outright insulting.....

Quote:
Stout? It's okay....but not really an adjective most people would want to hear in reference to themselves, I imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
My favorite word ever is voluptuous. To me it means juicy and rounded, though i guess to most it means that kinna hourglass big breasted look. To me i just like the onomatapoyic way the word sounds, like velvet, juicyness and plump ripe curvation. Also, women seem to enjoy hearing it "oooh i love how your soo voluptuous" i imagine more than.. "ooh i love your morbid obesity", which is a term you hear more often but just sounds horrible. I wonder how much of the repulsion/sexyness of a word comes from its actual sound when we say it and its conotations. I used two obvious extremes there..one Romantic and the other clinical, but you could get the same person being described as the same thing by different people in different contexts and both would have different meanings to that person. I think 'fat' is a weird one because some people enbrace it and some dont..So its hard to know where to stand. Where as if you asked someone if they would prefer to be called voluptuous or morbidly obese, i'm pretty sure they would pick the first. They are words for the same thing (kinna) comming from different social perspectives.
There we have it.....Mergirl definitely knows how to talk a woman up. Read and learn fellas.....

I also think Voluptuous (with a capital V ) is one hella sexy word....and would feel flattered if it was used in context to myself.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:57 AM   #135
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Stout? It's okay....but not really an adjective most people would want to hear in reference to themselves, I imagine.

There we have it.....Mergirl definitely knows how to talk a woman up. Read and learn fellas.....

I also think Voluptuous (with a capital V ) is one hella sexy word....and would feel flattered if it was used in context to myself.
You know, I had to think about where I encountered that word the most, and I came up with fantasy novels. The dwarves in those novels are often described as stout. But the dwarves in those novels are also fierce warriors and builders who know the secrets of mountains. They seemed like strong men and women to me. If a dwarf came at me with a battle axe, I'd run. LOL It never seemed to have a negative connotation for me because of that I think.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:30 AM   #136
t3h_n00b

t3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going on

i'd like to know if "thin" women above average height fall into the category of BBW? After all, they have similar experiences in terms of ridicule, ostracization, etc. Their gender identities are often challenged as they are often mistaken for transvestites. Surely "BBW" has a fat-centric connotation, but in terms of its definition, i don't see how it can not also refer to tall women.
t3h_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #137
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

Today the word Stout is only used when Big Men go Clothes Shopping!

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=big+mens+clothing+stout&aq=f&oq=&aqi=&fp= Qmi82AtOO98

William

Quote:

William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #138
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
You know, I had to think about where I encountered that word the most, and I came up with fantasy novels. The dwarves in those novels are often described as stout. But the dwarves in those novels are also fierce warriors and builders who know the secrets of mountains. They seemed like strong men and women to me. If a dwarf came at me with a battle axe, I'd run. LOL It never seemed to have a negative connotation for me because of that I think.
It's negative for me because...

I'm a little teapot, short but stout.....

Old 06-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #139
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
GEF:
I've seen "Squat" used (other than the Exercise) is to describe a type of physique in weightlifting circles that is : Shorter limbs in proportion to one's Height (Thick Arms & Legs) -Barrel Chested. As you stated,It just sounds insulting- not initimidating like "Hulking"

Last edited by tonynyc; 06-21-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #140
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
I agree, the word sounds nice but more often than not, it seems to be an euphemism for something else. This is especially true outside of the size-acceptance/fat-loving scene.

People here generally describe me (size 0, G cup, no hips or ass) as voluptuous and curvy. It irks me because it is pretty obvious that it is just a polite way of saying "wow her boobs are huge". When the same word is used on a BBW or SSBBW by a non-FA, it is often an euphemism for "wow she's fat". Most Asians consider me fat and it bothers the hell out of me when I see them scrambling to find a "nice" way to tell me that I am just.... uhh..... voluptuous! Curvy! Womanly! I would rather that those people just call me fat. I still hate the word obese though.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #141
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3h_n00b View Post
i'd like to know if "thin" women above average height fall into the category of BBW? After all, they have similar experiences in terms of ridicule, ostracization, etc. Their gender identities are often challenged as they are often mistaken for transvestites. Surely "BBW" has a fat-centric connotation, but in terms of its definition, i don't see how it can not also refer to tall women.
Uh.

I think your gaydar needs some tuning.

I was 5'11" when I was 9, and I was thin through most of high school... and NOBODY mistook me for a tranny.

It was kind of a shame actually, I totally tried to pull off the androgynous thing and failed. Curse you, hourglass figure!

Also, I have to say I never got a lot of ridicule for being tall... certainly nowhere near what I've gotten for being fat. I mean, sure, you can define "BBW" to include tall thin women - but based on my own experience, the way society treats tall thin women is VERY different from the way it treats fat women, and so I don't see any real reason to lump them together under that title.
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:19 PM   #142
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
I agree, the word sounds nice but more often than not, it seems to be an euphemism for something else. This is especially true outside of the size-acceptance/fat-loving scene.

People here generally describe me (size 0, G cup, no hips or ass) as voluptuous and curvy. It irks me because it is pretty obvious that it is just a polite way of saying "wow her boobs are huge". When the same word is used on a BBW or SSBBW by a non-FA, it is often an euphemism for "wow she's fat". Most Asians consider me fat and it bothers the hell out of me when I see them scrambling to find a "nice" way to tell me that I am just.... uhh..... voluptuous! Curvy! Womanly! I would rather that those people just call me fat. I still hate the word obese though.
Heh, I also love the term voluptuous, but it does require playing the "guess-what-this-word-really-means-here" game. I dunno, I guess I kind of get amused rather than annoyed when people are trying to find ways of avoiding calling me fat - I think it's funny to watch them scramble for words, and the uncomfortable momentary freeze if I use the word fat.

Also, wow, your boobs are HUGE.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:22 PM   #143
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleute View Post
Uh.

I think your gaydar needs some tuning.

I was 5'11" when I was 9, and I was thin through most of high school... and NOBODY mistook me for a tranny.

It was kind of a shame actually, I totally tried to pull off the androgynous thing and failed. Curse you, hourglass figure!

Also, I have to say I never got a lot of ridicule for being tall... certainly nowhere near what I've gotten for being fat. I mean, sure, you can define "BBW" to include tall thin women - but based on my own experience, the way society treats tall thin women is VERY different from the way it treats fat women, and so I don't see any real reason to lump them together under that title.
I agree, it is nowhere near the same thing. (We could cross-dress and fail together though. )

I do have a bio-female friend who often gets mistaken for a tranny though, but I don't think it has that much to do with her height. Long blonde hair, wears plenty of makeup and skirts, but she is 6'2", athletic (competitive swimmer), verrrry broad shoulders, flat-chested, narrow hips, big hands, a bit of stubble.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #144
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors
I agree, it is nowhere near the same thing. (We could cross-dress and fail together though. )

I do have a bio-female friend who often gets mistaken for a tranny though, but I don't think it has that much to do with her height. Long blonde hair, wears plenty of makeup and skirts, but she is 6'2", athletic (competitive swimmer), verrrry broad shoulders, flat-chested, narrow hips, big hands, a bit of stubble.
Competitive swimming does seem to cause women to develop that kind of figure - it builds up your shoulders like no other!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #145
bdog

bdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticedbdog never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleute View Post
Heh, I also love the term voluptuous, but it does require playing the "guess-what-this-word-really-means-here" game. I dunno, I guess I kind of get amused rather than annoyed when people are trying to find ways of avoiding calling me fat - I think it's funny to watch them scramble for words, and the uncomfortable momentary freeze if I use the word fat.

Also, wow, your boobs are HUGE.
I've read rants on Craigslist where the men were upset with fat women who had described themselves as voluptuous in their personal ad. The thought it was misleading. I love the word voluptuous and I think you can describe a BBW as voluptuous but synonyms they are not.
bdog is offline   Reply With Quote