Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 07-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default We aren't fruit, are we?

While I was in Ketchikan one of our employees had made a quilt that was being raffled off to try to raise money for lung cancer research. I immediately thought about Dimensions when I saw it and took a few pictures to share with you all here!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fruit-blanket.jpg (50.2 KB, 345 views)
File Type: jpg apple-and-pear.jpg (36.2 KB, 346 views)
File Type: jpg banana.jpg (38.9 KB, 344 views)
File Type: jpg mango.jpg (40.7 KB, 346 views)
File Type: jpg pineapple.jpg (40.5 KB, 343 views)
Old 07-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

and because it wouldn't fit...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg strawberries.jpg (41.6 KB, 343 views)
Old 07-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love that, Ella! I would proudly display it in my home - it's whimsical and feminine and very appealing.

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

isn't it?!? I bought tickets but sad to say I didn't win.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!

This really made me laugh. The pineapple and strawberry ones are my favorite.
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #6
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

hehe...cool!
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #7
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ah so cute! I'd love to have that. :]
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:51 AM   #8
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Bella View Post
isn't it?!? I bought tickets but sad to say I didn't win.
Thanks for the visuals I identified with the red haired apple girl.

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:22 AM   #9
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine22 View Post
Thanks for the visuals I identified with the red haired apple girl.
Hehe the green pear girl next to her is me.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:33 AM   #10
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Pineapples too!! LOL! The banana finished me
Old 07-10-2009, 04:31 AM   #11
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love this, it's so fun! It makes you not mind being fruit.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:49 AM   #12
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
I love this, it's so fun! It makes you not mind being fruit.
That's what I was thinking. LOL Also, it just occured to me: how come we're never refferred to as coconuts, or peaches or any other roundish fruit? Why apples? I wonder where that came from...
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #13
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'd really like to refered to as a peach, I like the way that sounds.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #14
MsAppleCinnamon

MsAppleCinnamon can now change their title

ha that's so cute.
i love it.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #15
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

So cute! I like how it shows that all shapes are beautiful and unique.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:07 AM   #16
Donna
wait...what?

Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
I'd really like to refered to as a peach, I like the way that sounds.
There's a line in the new Ice Age movie that made me giggle and I was instantly reminded of it reading this thread. Sid says to Ellie " you could be a peach because peaches are round and fuzzy." Ellie gets indignant, "Are you calling me round?" to which Sid replies, "Round is goooood. Round is sexxxxxy." I am paraphrasing from memory.

And back on topic...I love that quilt. Mom and I quilt when we have room to set up the frames and I would love to make something like that. I wonder if the picture squares are from a pre-made fabric or if the quilter hand painted them?

Last edited by Donna; 07-11-2009 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Hooked on Phonics apparetly never worked for me.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #17
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Women can affectionately be referred to as fruit, but when a man is called a fruit it's generally considered an insult... the cruelty of it all...

Very cute quilts Ella!

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:14 AM   #18
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Love the whimsy of that quilt. Thanks for sharing the pics, Ella.

Earlier tonight I was googling for something else and came across this photo. Made me laugh.

rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:58 AM   #19
deepreflection
EruptIntoABev-Rage w/GLUG

deepreflection can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesdeepreflection can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Ella Bella,

Hands down one of the most fun, whimsical, feminine pieces of art I've seen in years. Thanks a million for sharing. Lovely!

Wish I had that.

"Though this be madness, yet there is method in it" - William Shakespeare
deepreflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #20
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the pictures of the quilt. I immediatly thought of Dims when I saw it, and knew it would be appreciated if I shared it here with you all.

Donna, I think the fabric was pre-made, it didn't look painted on to me. My grandma used to quilt all the time and I've always wanted to learn, just never got the opportunity.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #21
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Post Pulpeuse!

The French term 'pulpeuse' refers to feminine 'ripeness'...
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #22
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The apple is all butt. Ok, back to your enjoying the fruit bowl.

Last edited by mossystate; 07-12-2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Rainy...that is way too funny.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #23
Just_Jen
Woot!

Just_Jen makes people happy simply by logging inJust_Jen makes people happy simply by logging inJust_Jen makes people happy simply by logging inJust_Jen makes people happy simply by logging inJust_Jen makes people happy simply by logging inJust_Jen makes people happy simply by logging inJust_Jen makes people happy simply by logging inJust_Jen makes people happy simply by logging inJust_Jen makes people happy simply by logging inJust_Jen makes people happy simply by logging in

WOW that is so amazing!! Soooo adorable! Im so saving those pictureS!
Just_Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #24
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just googled to see if I could find out if it was a printed fabric. It is. The pattern is called "Fruit Ladies" and the artist is Mary Stewart.

Someone's also using the fabric to make lightswitches and mousepads.

Last edited by rainyday; 01-04-2010 at 01:08 AM.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #25
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Okay, well, now I want the mouse pad.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote