Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 07-11-2009, 07:04 AM   #1
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Photographer's Thoughts and Images about Lesbians in Africa

Here's an interesting blog article (with great pictures):

http://blog.newint.org/majority/2009...rican-lesbian/

So often we think of queerness only in a Euro/North American context, and I think we need to open the dialogue a bit to look at queerness on a global scale. Fat Acceptance often uses Africa as a space where fatness is more accepted (the 'fattening huts' of West Africa comes to mind), but what kind of space is Africa represented as for queer communities? Does HIV/AIDS influence these questions at all?

No need to get deep, if you don't want to. Just enjoy the article and the fabulous pictures.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You're right - this was a very interesting article.

You're also right about the Euro/North American contextual view of queerness. I have to admit, most of the queer media I see only ever deals with these two continents, so yeah, my view is pretty skewed. Anyway, this was cool Thanks for posting.