Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 06-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #26
SparklingBBW
What's new pussycat?

SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
Funny how that show now makes people associate Baltimore with his cakes, instead of crab cakes. It would be a crime not to have a crab something or other if you come to Baltimore!

I have to say, I don't watch the show, but they need to make a cake made out of Berger's cookies, looking like a package of Berger's cookies. Also, a cake that looks like a can of Natty Boh beer.

Have fun at the bash, G!
Who knows? Maybe he has. And the only reason what you said made me think of him is because his shop is called Charm City Cakes. If you had just said Bahlmore I wouldn't have made an immediate connection with Duff.

(How about a John Waters cake?)
SparklingBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #27
bexy
is red again <3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's not Pride until August here,which is good as it means I can take babba to the parade in her pram with a little rainbow flag attached hehe!!

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #28
Big Butt Asshley
Big Booty & A Smile

Big Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going onBig Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going onBig Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going onBig Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going onBig Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going onBig Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going on

Philly's Pride Parade is this Sunday, June 14th http://www.phillypride.org/

NYC Pride Parade is Sunday, June 28th http://www.nycpride.org/

I've never done a big Pride Parade.....I may have to do it this year!!! Anyone want to join me?
Big Butt Asshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #29
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Even though I am in NJ and right across the river from NYC I have yet to go to the NY Pride Festival. Every year there is some other reason why I can't go. And this year since I can't get around so good it doesn't look like I'll be attending.
But I do hope to make it to this one in Jersey City, NJ though.
http://www.jclgo.org/festival-2009.shtml
I first discovered it 4 years ago and have been going ever since. It's certainly not as big as the NY one but it does get a nice turnout. I'm just happy to see so many gay people all in one place having a good time. It makes me all warm and smiley inside.
Also, although it's too late to go this year, Asbury Park has a large gay community and they have a pretty good Pride Festival every year. If you don't want to or can't drive there you can take a train from Hoboken right to Asbury Park. I used to do it all the time when my friend lived there.
http://www.jerseypride.org/

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London

Last edited by JerseyGirl07093; 06-09-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: added something
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:42 AM   #30
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genarose54 View Post
Who knows? Maybe he has. And the only reason what you said made me think of him is because his shop is called Charm City Cakes. If you had just said Bahlmore I wouldn't have made an immediate connection with Duff.

mmmmmmm.. the cake of trash!
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #31
Mgirl

Mgirl can now change their title

I live in San Francisco and the city proudly displays rainbow flags along the Market St., in the heart of the city for the month of June. I get goosebumps every time.

I've taken the weekend off so I will be able to attend everything this year. On Friday Dolores park kicks off the transgender festivities, and on Saturday is the "Dyke March". It has been a tradition for years. All day Saturday is a main stage which hosts entertainment ranging from very political to very campy (of course my favorite is the burlesque dance troop). I live next to the park so I think I am going to invite some friends and maybe grill some oysters and include some libations as well.

Later that evening is the actual march to the Castro. Everyone is really respectful to have the march only include women (identified), to really show the sheer numbers. The march begins with hundreds of women revvvvving there motorcycles - it's really cool to see (and hear).

What I love most is marching through the neighborhoods and seeing the thousands of people of San Francisco in their yards cheering us on with homemade posters saying how much they love us - really awesome.

On Sunday is the big march, followed by a huge party in the City Hall area with multiple stages and a little bit of everything for everybody exists.

I can't tell you how much I love my city!
Mgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:00 AM   #32
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genarose54 View Post

A John Waters cakes sounds Divine, as long as it doesn't look like the infamous 'treat' Divine ingests at the end of "Pink Flamingos."

Hope it didn't sound like my post was a criticism, I think I was just hungering for some crab cakes at the time I wrote it.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:18 AM   #33
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
A John Waters cakes sounds Divine, as long as it doesn't look like the infamous 'treat' Divine ingests at the end of "Pink Flamingos."

Hope it didn't sound like my post was a criticism, I think I was just hungering for some crab cakes at the time I wrote it.
Aww.. i know all about grumpy hungry girls! lol
a 'divine' John waters cake!! -Thats just swell!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #34
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Our week consisted of:
Flag Raising ceremony at City Hall
Steak Night and Karaoke
Queer-o-rama bowling night
Pride Dance
Pride Parade
And a family fun day in the park.

This is huge cause when we started we had people in our community writing letters to the editor about recruiting and half dressed men, pedophiles and so on. Church groups protested as we held our first parade and so on. With alot of work from determined indivduals it grew from a one day parade to a week long schedule. Maybe one day this town will get out of the fifties mentality!
Old 06-26-2009, 04:57 AM   #35
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

On behalf of Toronto, I have to apologize to anyone who is coming to our massive, usually-awesome Pride Parade this year.

The incredibly greedy garbage collectors' union is on strike, so in the sweltering heat the parade will be swimming in rotting garbage. Those fucking assholes. The city should just fire them all and hire all new ones who want the jobs - it's not like they need an education or any skills except "lift" to do the work.

I'm extra pissed off because this union strikes every few years, right at the hottest times when the garbage will lie around and rot, threatening the city with rodent-borne disease outbreaks. I know it is not a pleasant job, so there should be *some* incentive to do it, but the fact is that city workers here are ridiculously overpaid. They make about 3 times MY salary, and I'm a goddamn PhD (and I don't get 18 paid sick days per year, which is something they are complaining about - not having enough...ugh). It actually disgusts me that you can make considerably more money and have way more benefits by moving garbage for a few hours per day or driving a bus than if you were a nurse or technician. That system is so backwards; treating jobs that require zero years of formal training that literally ANY moron could do like they are indispensible. It's a fucking recession - if the jobs were available, there would be thousands of applicants. ARG.

Sorry, I needed to vent this somewhere and this is where is landed. LOL.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #36
Ivy
more cake, please!

Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!

DYKES ON BIKES > ALL OTHER THINGS

p.s. i think that everyone should post photos from their pride week adventures. JUST SAYIN'.
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #37
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oooh, yes, postpixplz!

If anything you guys will have to wait til the end of summer for mine, the Pride festival I'm hoping to go to is the end of August!

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
Old 06-30-2009, 05:06 AM   #38
mergirl

A Pic of the Edinburgh pride march at the weekend. My friend Bear is second on the left holding the flag. Grrrrrrooowwwl!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Edinburgh pride.jpg (31.4 KB, 74 views)
Old 06-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #39
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Melian, there's lots of good reasons to support the strikers, too. Across the board, workers fighting for wages, benefits, pensions, have helped others gain more. Now that unions are losing clout --and strikes less supported by the public--trends in wages and working conditions are not looking good.

I went to Michigan Pride a few weeks ago, and let me tell you, it was so Michigan.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:10 AM   #40
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Now that pride is officially over, I'm sad.

I went to DC pride and Baltimore pride, and enjoyed both, as they were as different as night and day, in ways probably pretty predictable to those who know the area well. One of the bands at the stage during B-more pride even dissed DC, said we're not that friendly here in the DMV. That must be why I didn't bring anyone home from either pride event.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:19 AM   #41
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl View Post
Melian, there's lots of good reasons to support the strikers, too. Across the board, workers fighting for wages, benefits, pensions, have helped others gain more. Now that unions are losing clout --and strikes less supported by the public--trends in wages and working conditions are not looking good.

I went to Michigan Pride a few weeks ago, and let me tell you, it was so Michigan.
Oh, I definitely support fair wages and decent working conditions for all workers. No question about that. However, it seems that in this city, there is a new strike every goddamn day, and it's often by HUGELY overpaid workers who don't deserve anymore benefits. When the nurses were striking several years back, I supported them, because they work hard, required excessive training, have a generally disgusting job and were not receiving appropriate compensation for their work.

These guys, on the other hand....fuck....they make around $35-40/h (plus full benefits) to pull a can 2m and then have the truck actually pick it up and empty it itself. My husband and I get paid around $13/h, have basically NO insurance, he has sick days, but I basically have none, and I had to spend 8 years in university training in molecular biology to do my job. AND...the hours I work >>> the hours for which I am paid. And the fucking garbage collectors are mad....well boo hoo for them. I actually saw one on the news whining about how because he is striking, he might have to miss a payment on his new $700K condo. Oh, well see the tears streaming down my face for that asshole.

Ok....sorry. Haha. The hostility in this response was not to you, AFG. This whole situation has REALLY pissed off everyone in the city - not to mention the fact that we are now swimming in garbage (the protestors are physically blocking citizens from taking their own garbage to dumps....wtf they hope to accomplish by infuriating people who have NO role in their pay/work conditions I do not understand. It just makes us hate them that much more).
Old 08-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #42
mouse

mouse has said some nice things

Among other amazing things Halifax had this year:

the Cliks played a free concert following the parade and, not only did I get to meet Lucas Silveira, but he was at a party I went to later and played an acoustic set!
Oh my bleeding heart...

Also! I went to my first bathhouse

Last edited by mouse; 08-11-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: I can't figure out how to post photographs...
mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #43
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

Somebody tell this poster how to post pictures please! I love pictures.

The way I do it is I put the pictures on Photobucket and copy and paste the link on here. That is the only way I know how, and it's easy. I'm sure there are other ways but I don't know them. lol

Old 08-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #44
bbwjessiestroxxx

bbwjessiestroxxx has said some nice things
Smile This is what Im doing...Please read

Hey

Im Jessie & Im in Jacksonville FL. I dont think they have anything gay pride
here so I make my own pride week. Im 31 and Im Bisexual but do LOVE
woman much more for sure. Please dont get me wrong guys are Wonderful
There is just nothing like a sweet meaty chick all over you giving you some
Love and care.

N-E how Im single Ladiez..*WINK*
bbwjessiestroxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #45
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwjessiestroxxx View Post
Hey

Im Jessie & Im in Jacksonville FL. I dont think they have anything gay pride
here so I make my own pride week. Im 31 and Im Bisexual but do LOVE
woman much more for sure. Please dont get me wrong guys are Wonderful
There is just nothing like a sweet meaty chick all over you giving you some
Love and care.

N-E how Im single Ladiez..*WINK*
great to meet you missus. Your tats are awsome!!!