Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 08-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #26
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Late Night Snack Photo

THE COBB SALAD

"One night in 1937, Bob Cobb, then owner of The Brown Derby, prowled hungrily in his restaurant's kitchen for a snack. Opening the huge refrigerator, he pulled out this and that: a head of lettuce, an avocado, some romaine, watercress, tomatoes, some cold breast of chicken, a hard-boiled egg, chives, cheese and some old-fashioned French dressing. He started chopping. Added some crisp bacon -- swiped from a busy chef.

"The Cobb salad was born. It was so good, Sid Grauman (Grauman's Chinese Theatre), who was with Cobb that midnight, asked the next day for a 'Cobb Salad.' It was so good that it was put on the menu.

"Cobb's midnight invention became an overnight sensation with Derby customers, people like movie mogul Jack Warner, who regularly dispatched his chauffeur to pick up a carton of the mouth-watering salad."

Since 1937, more than 4 million Cobb salads have been sold at Brown Derby restaurants, according to the Brown Derby Restaurant Group, which, now that the two original Hollywood restaurants have closed, is what the company calls itself. It licenses the restaurant name for merchandise (including bottled Cobb salad dressing), as well as to Disney, which opened a reproduction of the original Brown Derby in Orlando, Florida, in 1989 and, in 1990. signed a 20-year agreement for Brown Derby restaurants in Tokyo, Paris and Anaheim, California. You can read all about The Brown Derby and its glamorous customers in The Brown Derby Restaurant: A Hollywood Legend, which includes many of the Derby's recipes.

Footnote: There's also a legend about how the Brown Derby got its name: One night, Herbert Somborn, an ex-husband of Gloria Swanson, remarked -- speaking of the mood of Hollywood in the roaring 20s -- that "You could open a restaurant in an alley and call it anything. If the food and service were good, the patrons would just come flocking. It could be called something as ridiculous as the Brown Derby." Hence, a restaurant shaped like a hat opened near Hollywood and Vine in 1926.

Cobb Salad

1/2 head lettuce, about 4 cups

1 bunch watercress

1 small bunch chicory, about 2 1/2 cups

1/2 head romaine, about 2 1/2 cups

2 medium peeled tomatoes

6 strips of crisp bacon
2 breasts of boiled chicken

3 hard cooked eggs

1 avocado

1/2 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese

2 tablespoons chopped chives

1 cup (approximately) Original Cobb Salad Dressing

Cut lettuce, half the watercress, chicory and romaine in fine pieces and arrange in a large salad bowl.

Cut tomatoes, bacon, chicken, eggs, and avocado in small pieces and arrange, along with the crumbled Roquefort cheese, in strips on the greens.

Sprinkle finely cut chives over the Cobb salad and garnish with the remaining watercress.

Just before serving mix the salad with the Cobb salad dressing.

Original Cobb Salad Dressing

Makes 1 1/2 cups

1/4 cup water

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

1/4 teaspoon sugar

1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice

2 teaspoons salt

3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1/4 teaspoon dry English mustard

1 small clove garlic, finely minced

1/4 cup full-flavored olive oil

3/4 cup salad oil

Blend all ingredients together, except oils. Add olive and salad oils. Mix well.

Blend well again before mixing with salad.

A note from the Brown Derby: "The water is optional, depending upon the degree of oiliness desired in the dressing."

History of the Cobb Salad
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #27
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Okay, I don't identify as a feedee but tried to gain a number of times (health reasons, curiosity, negative attention at low natural weight, partner's preference) and failed. I have always wondered if successful gainers are just predisposed to weight gain or just incredibly determined. Some questions for those who actually do gain:

1. Do you need significantly more calories or find yourself eating more in order to maintain the extra weight?
2. When actively gaining or maintaining, do you have a bigger food budget or do you choose cheaper but less healthy high-cal foods instead?
3. How often do you feel physically sick after a large meal after the buzz goes away and how do you deal with the sugar crash?
4. Isn't gaining and weight maintainence stressful?
1. I've always been fat, and I've always naturally eaten a large enough amount of food to maintain my current weight or unintentionally gain. It's never a struggle for me, it happens naturally.
2. I have never actively gained more than a small amount of weight, but as for maintaining, I don't necessarily plan it out. Whatever happens, happens. I'm broke so in general I try to mooch off my parents as much as possible and eat 89 cent tacos from Taco Bell.
3. I've felt physically sick often enough to make me be careful. I hate that feeling. I just remind myself that it'll go away soon, generally even if I go a little too far, the pain wears off within a half hour or so and I feel okay. I don't really ever get a sugar crash.
4. Not for me, as I let it happen naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oirish View Post
I have a question for the feedees out there: how many of you feedees have absolutely no inclination to gain weight but just enjoy feeding for other sensual reasons? Whether it be the feeling of being full to the max, gratification due to the quality and taste of the food (like a foodee), the intimacy of being fed by your partner, etc? I think discussing some of these elements to feeding could be enlightening to the folks that just don't understand where you're coming from. I am definitely a feeder but weight gain is not necessarily the goal all, or really any, of the time.
I wouldn't say I have absolutely no inclination to gain weight, as it does interest me, but since I'm not currently trying to gain I focus more just on the eating itself. Those elements are definitely a large majority of what appeals to me about feederism.. the idea of overindulgence/gluttony is enough to get me going, generally. However, I'm not really trying to enlighten anyone.. especially in this thread!
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #28
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

1. Do you need significantly more calories or find yourself eating more in order to maintain the extra weight?

No. I've always been chunky and throughout my life I have always gained 10 to 15 pounds each year. It was not voluntary. I noticed that for no reason at all I would go through a severe increase in appetite. This usually happend in the fall -- September, October -- and would continue for weeks, sometimes months. Attempts to stop the gain only made my appetite more savage than it was originally. When all was said and done I usually gained about 13 pounds from the incident and the weight never came off despite my appetite's returned to normal. It has been a yearly occurrance to the present day.

2. When actively gaining or maintaining, do you have a bigger food budget or do you choose cheaper but less healthy high-cal foods instead?

I supplemented my food intake with daily treats: A brownie, cookies, ice cream, a milk shake instead of soda, chai tea with heavy cream. I did not change my diet at all other than including one of those simple daily treats. Once I stopped this supplementation my weight usually returned to what it was previously unless the weight gain was a natural occurrance due to the happenstance described above.

3. How often do you feel physically sick after a large meal after the buzz goes away and how do you deal with the sugar crash?

Not very often. My situation is complicated by an unknown food allergy that I am trying to narrow down. This allergic response was triggered once the law forced restaurants to stop using trans fats to prepare food. It is inconclusive at this point though. Because I take small steps that are barely noticeable in the big picture the gain is pretty much straight forward and painless. Including protien with sweets usually does much to stave off sugar crash. A bag of nuts seems to balance things out nicely.

4. Isn't gaining and weight maintainence stressful?

No because the amount of food I eat is normal for me and my weight is normal for me as well. My brother is tall and underweight. He eats more food than I do and is far more indiscriminate in what he eats than I am. His weight never goes up yet my hands and ankles swell just watching him eat a plate of home fries. He *should* weigh what I weigh at the very least but he doesn't. Sometimes it just boils down to what cards we've been dealt in life and we have to make the most of it with what is right for us. The concept of a one size fits all formula is a myth.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~

Last edited by LillyBBBW; 08-15-2009 at 10:41 AM.
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #29
Oldtimer76
Returned

Oldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this board

This is a good thread! Reps to KrissMiss

You girls are quite awesome
Old 08-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #30
steve-aka

steve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going on

Not a feedee myself but DEFINITELY a supporter! Great thread - good to see it not being hijacked by the anti-feedism busybodies, at least so far...
steve-aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #31
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-aka View Post
Not a feedee myself but DEFINITELY a supporter! Great thread - good to see it not being hijacked by the anti-feedism busybodies, at least so far...
ah, ah. keep it positive, man

I just want an HONEST thread, with people who are HONESTLY curious, and want HONEST answers.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #32
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I hate the title, but being it's the really the only identifying one out there..

<raises big fat arm> Feedee/Gainer here.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #33
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-aka View Post
I'll have food pictures- and cake ready for any Hijacker
Old 08-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #34
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBBW View Post
I hate the title, but being it's the really the only identifying one out there..

<raises big fat arm> Feedee/Gainer here.
Haha. Yeah. I made it and then was like... what the hell did i just do.

Is there anyone that can fix it?
Old 08-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #35
steve-aka

steve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
ah, ah. keep it positive, man

I just want an HONEST thread, with people who are HONESTLY curious, and want HONEST answers.
Whoops! Sorry. I guess it's just my naturally pessimistic nature bullying its way through. I'll try to be better.

*thinkingpositivethinkingpositivethinkingpositive*
Old 08-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #36
steve-aka

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
I'll have food pictures- and cake ready for any Hijacker
I got your back, Tony!
Old 08-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #37
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Ask a mod darlin.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #38
Ash
Smash

Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Oh, I think she just meant she hates the feedee/gainer label(s). Nothing wrong with the thread title at all!
Old 08-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #39
collared Princess

collared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticed

Collared Princess aka Treasure Bombshell ..raises hands..Im a feedee here me roar....3 very very huge meals a day Tony...
collared Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #40
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
Oh, I think she just meant she hates the feedee/gainer label(s). Nothing wrong with the thread title at all!
Well, I mean. "Hizz-Ouse" is pretty dumb. :P

and yeah, I understand label frustration, but... i wasn't sure what else to put, on that end. :/

Last edited by Weeze; 08-16-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: dear lord. mozilla even has spell check and I still screwed it up.
Weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #41
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

Quote:

and yeah, I understand lable frustration, but... i wasn't sure what else to put, on that end. :/
I know no one asked for my opinion but I'm going to give it anyway. I hate gainer, but I think feedee is kinda cute.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #42
collared Princess

collared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post

THE COBB SALAD

"One night in 1937, Bob Cobb, then owner of The Brown Derby, prowled hungrily in his restaurant's kitchen for a snack. Opening the huge refrigerator, he pulled out this and that: a head of lettuce, an avocado, some romaine, watercress, tomatoes, some cold breast of chicken, a hard-boiled egg, chives, cheese and some old-fashioned French dressing. He started chopping. Added some crisp bacon -- swiped from a busy chef.

"The Cobb salad was born. It was so good, Sid Grauman (Grauman's Chinese Theatre), who was with Cobb that midnight, asked the next day for a 'Cobb Salad.' It was so good that it was put on the menu.

"Cobb's midnight invention became an overnight sensation with Derby customers, people like movie mogul Jack Warner, who regularly dispatched his chauffeur to pick up a carton of the mouth-watering salad."

Since 1937, more than 4 million Cobb salads have been sold at Brown Derby restaurants, according to the Brown Derby Restaurant Group, which, now that the two original Hollywood restaurants have closed, is what the company calls itself. It licenses the restaurant name for merchandise (including bottled Cobb salad dressing), as well as to Disney, which opened a reproduction of the original Brown Derby in Orlando, Florida, in 1989 and, in 1990. signed a 20-year agreement for Brown Derby restaurants in Tokyo, Paris and Anaheim, California. You can read all about The Brown Derby and its glamorous customers in The Brown Derby Restaurant: A Hollywood Legend, which includes many of the Derby's recipes.

Footnote: There's also a legend about how the Brown Derby got its name: One night, Herbert Somborn, an ex-husband of Gloria Swanson, remarked -- speaking of the mood of Hollywood in the roaring 20s -- that "You could open a restaurant in an alley and call it anything. If the food and service were good, the patrons would just come flocking. It could be called something as ridiculous as the Brown Derby." Hence, a restaurant shaped like a hat opened near Hollywood and Vine in 1926.

Cobb Salad

1/2 head lettuce, about 4 cups

1 bunch watercress

1 small bunch chicory, about 2 1/2 cups

1/2 head romaine, about 2 1/2 cups

2 medium peeled tomatoes

6 strips of crisp bacon
2 breasts of boiled chicken

3 hard cooked eggs

1 avocado

1/2 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese

2 tablespoons chopped chives

1 cup (approximately) Original Cobb Salad Dressing

Cut lettuce, half the watercress, chicory and romaine in fine pieces and arrange in a large salad bowl.

Cut tomatoes, bacon, chicken, eggs, and avocado in small pieces and arrange, along with the crumbled Roquefort cheese, in strips on the greens.

Sprinkle finely cut chives over the Cobb salad and garnish with the remaining watercress.

Just before serving mix the salad with the Cobb salad dressing.

Original Cobb Salad Dressing

Makes 1 1/2 cups

1/4 cup water

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

1/4 teaspoon sugar

1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice

2 teaspoons salt

3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1/4 teaspoon dry English mustard

1 small clove garlic, finely minced

1/4 cup full-flavored olive oil

3/4 cup salad oil

Blend all ingredients together, except oils. Add olive and salad oils. Mix well.

Blend well again before mixing with salad.

A note from the Brown Derby: "The water is optional, depending upon the degree of oiliness desired in the dressing."

History of the Cobb Salad
Wow Tony this is way to funny..My x husband was a cook at the Brown Derby restaunt in Akron Ohio and it is because of this salad and the Lobster tail and the steak and the bake pototes and the honey butter rolls and shrimp and oinion rings and cheesecake that he brought home EVERY night..this is how I went from 280-600 pounds in 9 yrs..wow you brought back memories!!!! thank you for the reminder Tony you are the best
collared Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #43
Ash
Smash

Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

and yeah, I understand label frustration, but... i wasn't sure what else to put, on that end. :/
I don't really care about the individual labels either way. I do kind of hate that the fetish is called "feedERism", though, because I feel like it doesn't acknowledge the feedee side of it. I'd prefer it be called "feedism", I guess.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #44
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Quote:
I don't really care about the individual labels either way. I do kind of hate that the fetish is called "feedERism", though, because I feel like it doesn't acknowledge the feedee side of it. I'd prefer it be called "feedism", I guess.
I call it feedism just... because I like it better too. It's rare that I actually say "feedERism". Feedism or just Feeding usually works for me.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #45
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I call it Gaining/Encouraging.....but that's just me though. Its easier to distinguish who's who
Old 08-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #46
Fuzzy Necromancer

Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
I used the word feedism BEFORE all the cool kis were jumping on the feedism bandwagon.

Phillistines. XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #47
steve-aka

I too prefer the term Feedism. Feederism seems to favor the Feeder side of things without acknowledging the Feedee, who, in my opinion, is the most important person in the relationship.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #48
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
Damn you and your ability to cook!

*shakes fist*

Oh well, guess there is comfort in being able to take someone to a lot of good restaurants :-)
Kevin:

For me cooking is both a pleasure and therapy. I'm not a big fan of fast foods. I use to eat the stuff when I was younger and will eat some every now and then;but, prefer to cook and or get my ides from some of the resturants...

In fact, I get some of my best ideas eating out. The other day I had gotten this Pasta Salad from the http://www.chow.com/places/28894] Milano Market[/url]...It was pretty good - but, I didn't want to spend another $4.00 for 1/4 lbs. - so let me do something at home

I know that this stuff should be on the FOODEE Board- so I hope you don't mind that I post this here...

Milano's Pasta Salad
(Tri Color Pasta/Feta Cheese/Mayo/Fresh Spinach Chopped/ Tomatoes Diced)
This was good;but, I wanted to do something along theose lines at home and see what other ingredients I could add...

Tony's Pasta Salad

1 (16 ounce) package tri-color pasta
1/3 cup Mayo
3 tablespoons Chopped Dry Parsley (from the Jar
1 cup Grated Feta Cheese (or Goat Cheese)
1 (1 ounce) of Marinated Red Peppers
1 (2.25 ounce) can pitted olives drained
Pepper To Taste

*** mix all ingredients let chill for at least an hour or two before serving

*** I did not add any salt as I get plenty of that from the Feta Cheese
other ingredients can be adjusted accordingly

*** Left out tomatoes as they tend to get mushy if you don't eat this salad the same day.

I sincerely hope my talk of food has gotten some of you gorgeous ladies in the thread to rush to the fridge and grab a snack or two or three..

Last edited by tonynyc; 08-16-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:46 PM   #49
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I changed the topic header. But I think that you'll find very few additions to those who've already responded.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #50
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by collared Princess View Post
Wow Tony this is way to funny..My x husband was a cook at the Brown Derby restaunt in Akron Ohio and it is because of this salad and the Lobster tail and the steak and the bake pototes and the honey butter rolls and shrimp and oinion rings and cheesecake that he brought home EVERY night..this is how I went from 280-600 pounds in 9 yrs..wow you brought back memories!!!! thank you for the reminder Tony you are the best
SH CP: we might have to keep this one under wraps ... The Cobb Salad may become the Demon Symbol of the

Dims Anti-Feeders Temperence League