Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 07-26-2009, 02:26 AM   #51
sirGordy
Contemplative Soul

sirGordy knows EXACTLY what's going onsirGordy knows EXACTLY what's going onsirGordy knows EXACTLY what's going onsirGordy knows EXACTLY what's going onsirGordy knows EXACTLY what's going onsirGordy knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by enxtc View Post
I can see myself the same way that woman does and yes I have been with a man that proclaims to be a flag waving FA. After years of being told that he loved me, and he was the one that said it first, I started to let my wall down and believe him. Only to find out, it was all a lie, he didn't love me, he needed a place to live because he couldn't, and still can't support himself.
He came into my life when my self esteem was already down, and he put it down that much further. To him, I was a large body and one of his favorite terms to use, was, he needed a body to "jerk off in".
So, with him being an FA, you would think that he would have helped raised my self esteem, not put in so far down in the ground, that I don't honestly know if I will ever honestly believe what a man tells me again.
You know Enxtc, just read your post, and its amazing how other human beings can devalue another human being without remorse. To me, its an insidious evil that really destroys the human spirit. That being said, we have been friends for awhile, and I value the person you are, and always will. The idiot that hurt you is not worthy of you in the least, and he is the lesser for treating you as he did. But do not see all guys (and I know you do not) as being as much of an A$$hole as he is. Alot of us are much more evolved and treat women as the special and beautiful persons they are. This adage comes to mind, treat others as you wish to be treated yourself. God Bless You ((((((((((((Enxtc))))))))))))), the best is yet to come for you.
sirGordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:40 PM   #52
enxtc

enxtc can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesenxtc can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

For those who have responed to me in person.
It doesn't matter who this person is. It doesn't matter. He is no longer a part of my life and will never be, again. He doesn't see that what he has done is wrong, me not being the first and I am sure, I am not the last. It is honestly sad, that someone who loves the size of a woman, can't seem to love the woman herself.
Actions do speak louder than words, I have had to learn this the hard way.
enxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:27 AM   #53
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

I suppose, just as there are big women who dislike themselves and fat in general, there'll be women who don't understand/dislike FA's.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #54
CPProp
Clockwork - wind me up

CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
I have hated my body...not MYSELF...for some of the reasons stated above. However, I did realize in my teen years....that not all guys prefer "skinny only". I could see from the trend of girls they dated before and after me that some had "types"...as in some were always trying to get with big breasted/chubby girls. Just like I noticed some guys, my brother and father included, preferred petite women...other men blonds. I didn't need to have deep convos with men to realize that some like bigger ladies- I always accepted that as "just is".

That knowledge gave me confidence in the dating world....but not for my body. I see image after image of thin women being touted as beautiful....and for some of those, skin and bones is all they got...nothing particularly beautiful about them to my eyes. Just realized along the way that thin has always automatically been accepted as more attractive by default....at least in my lifetime.

The problem with feeling myself attractive- I also realized that just because a man might like bigger women....doesn't mean he will automatically find me attractive. Just like I don't find all men of a certain body type attractive- it depends on the individual.

I do see a thicker, curvier woman as being more attractive....but my self loathing of my inner self and having low self esteem beaten into me never allowed me to appreciate the outside. No matter how many guys I dated or boyfriends I had.......they had to keep coming as affirmation of my outer beauty.
I looked in the mirror as a teen and wondered why in hell some guys had called me ugly and teased me in my younger days.....thinking my face looked okay. This made me look deeper and think that there was something really fucked up about me inside....that other people could easily spot even if I didn't see it in the mirror.
Those guys....were flirting...in the way dumb school boys do......but how in hell would I know that as a young girl? I took it in....believed them word for word. It's quite easy to believe the negative things people say about you if you have grown up being treated badly.

And as I grew older...walking around with these thoughts and feelings...I came across men that liked my low self esteem. They had their own issues with it....and they liked how they could make themselves feel "better" than me by some unspoken default.

At this stage in my life now.....I know that I am pretty on some level. This is the most self confident I have ever been....but I still don't love my body. Perhaps it's not *my* idea of beautiful...except...I come here and see other BBWs and can love their figures. Just not my own....

A man I spoke to online recently...I realized that he liked bigger women....but had some issue with it. However, I think what he ultimately had a problem with was my self confidence. He didn't get it......seemed to feel that it was ridiculous that I had some. It's not just the media that can make us feel this way....it's the people we encounter out in society that also twist things....as if it's just a given that we are automatically akin to dog shit. If we don't get that part...then we are even more effed up than previously thought...in their eyes anyway.

I have never fully gotten the notion of seeing myself "beautiful as fat". Not everyone finds fat attractive....just like not everyone finds thin attractive.
A thin woman that thinks she is automatically attractive to everyone- is a fool because attraction is subjective. It's the same with fat women- even if we garner a self image that we are comfortable with and feel attractive physically- it's realistic to keep in mind that we will not be everyone's cup of tea.

Is that me or society? Don't know..........but just letting you know that feeling beautiful is a constant struggle for a woman...particularly a fat one.
You big women I love you yet you are so frustrating, I spent the best part of 20 years of a 30 odd year marriage trying to convince my wife that her big body was attractive. It took 20 odd years of me getting angry, and prepared to flatten - verbally or physically (depending on gender) anyone making snide comments or innuendos about her size, for her to realised that what I said about how attractive her body was, I actually meant it - she did eventually came to believe it, mainly I think because I was prepared to defend her body shape and size come what may (she always some how prevented me from any actions, but she knew I would). Then and only then did she start to look at herself in a different light and realise that she was attractive and began to love her body as I did. Sadly she is not here with me any more to confirm, but believe me she would do.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #55
PhatChk

PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollhandler View Post
I work with a couple of midsized but well rounded BBWs and recently had a conversation with one that caused me more than just pause for thought.

The history of this began on my second week of work in a factory when we were assigned positions on the line that were close enough to allow conversation. I sport sleeveless shirts at work due to the oven that I work close to and the heat it generates which also allows my fat angel and demoness tattoos to be displayed. This always seems to get the question about why the images portrayed in my tattoos are fat. The conversation for the remainder of the shift revolved around her relationship with her husband and my adoration of the larger form.

I understand that in some cases big women dont know of the existance of FAs so she questioned me thoroughly about my preference and related how her husband had mentioned at various points that he wasn't interested in smaller women. She totally believes this to be a lie on his part and patronizing her as his parner. To quote her "I wont believe he only likes fat girls until we break up and I see who he dates next."

She had mentioned also that she had never met anyone other than myself that would proudly proclaim this preference and admit it publiclly.
The part that this thread is about happened just this last week after working in this place for nearly a month. I work with a steady rotation of temp labor and this week we had another BBW start working which is in and of itself not unusual, but the conversation that occured on break floored me.

The woman that I had the conversation with and the new girl were sitting in a small group in the break area. I was also there eating my lunch listening as these two women were discussing their job assignments and gossiping about personnel. The woman I had worked with already pointed out my tattoos and mentioned as well that "he doesn't like skinny girls" referencing the conversation I had with her a couple of weeks previous. She then said "I know that I am fat but I think that is disgusting."
She wasn't refering to my tattoos but my preference toward women of size.
She finds it disgusting that a man would find a fat girl attractive and desire the very body she possess. This started a train of thought and questions in my mind about how she views herself and her relationship with her husband who after conversing about FAs with her is obviously one and is not ashamed to admit his preference when asked about it. She seems fully aware of her attractiveness as a WOMAN but believes that any man who would be attracted to her BODY is disgusting.

As BBWs do any of you also share this view? Or have you encountered other BBWs that share this view? This is the first time I've ever encountered this way of thinking and wonder how common it is. I also wonder if I am the only FA who has encountered BBW women who believe this way about themselves and the ones who find them attractive. That the guy they are with simply settled for the fat girl, but couldn't possibly desire them as being fat or that their partner is disgusting in his preference if it is known to be such.

Rollhandler

I have to say this sad. On the other hand I understand her. Before I learned to love myself for who I am, I thought the same way. I was a chubby child all my life. And all ever heard from my family was " you will never find someone that will love you if you are fat" I was told that so much I believe it. I have been in and out of diets forever since the age of 8. The last diet I did was a con of my dads. He just came home one day and told me here is a plane ticket to Dominican Republic. This way you'll be away from fast food and there’s a good dietician that will help you and he is waiting for you
Week later I had dropped everything I had and I was in DR. His attitude gave me such a shock I got seriously depressed. Not only I was in a country I have not been in 10 years but in a place that I was not allowed to be outside with out someone watching me. I got so depressed my hair fell and I am still trying to gain some of my hair back. This lasted for 2 years. I was lucky enough not all my family were jerks about my weight. They loved me for me and refused to leave me in my depression. And they made everything in their power to cheer me up and I was able to survive the situation.
When I came back to the US. I had lost some weight. And my father was happy; my mother was worried, she saw what being away from everyone had done to me. I still beileve that I had no right to dream of a happy family and a husband. Why should I? Was fat and no one was going to love me. And even though I had lost weight the rest of the family kept saying “loose more, more, and you'll see you eventually get a man.”
I had given up. I was going to make my life without a family and man. I was going to be the spinster of the family. I would tell the family I had chosen to be spinster. And they would give they "awwwwww" look. I would take it in and suffer it all by myself.
One night while on the internet I found a bbw dating site. I was surprised. I couldn't believe it. How can men like fat women? That’s not right. That is so wrong. That is disgusting. They just trying to take advantage of the poor women. These are very sick men. These were my thoughts.
However, this had sparked my curiosity. I thought this must be a joke. But, I kept researching, and informing myself. And took me sometime to accept this community and myself. I started to look at myself in a very different way. I was NOT just a fat girl that no one will love. But a fat girl that is pretty, smart, and very sexy in her own way. I told my mother about this community and explained to her what bbw are and why FA love them. She was the first person who understood me. Since then She has backed me up in everything I have done so far. I even help my sister become part of the community too. (She is a bbw but never took crap from no one for being over weight.) And slowly my mother and I have been changing my families’ views about fat people. And it is great to see their faces when I bring a guy home lol.
I am sorry I have written an essay instead of a short comment. My point is: A person that all their life have been told that being fat is bad, disgusting and you'll never get what most people want which is love. It will take time and an open mind to understand the things they thought were never possible, ARE possible not matter what size you are.

Again sorry for the essay.

Eats and Seats :eat2:NEW ENTRY
I am looking for writers to contribute to the blog.
Ask me anything http://formspring.me/LadyGrn

Last edited by PhatChk; 08-01-2009 at 05:23 PM.
PhatChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #56
blueeyedevie

blueeyedevie does more than just post hot picsblueeyedevie does more than just post hot picsblueeyedevie does more than just post hot picsblueeyedevie does more than just post hot pics

This tread actually made me cry a little. First off, my mother never believed (really) that there was men out there that liked (Loved) fat women. Then she begin to see the guys that were interested in me. Finally she met Harris, and when he looked her dead in the eyes, and told her "I love Evie, I love her body as is.. I wish I could say I want her to be thin , but I really don't. However I do want to spend a life time with her so I do support her loosing weight) with a sly smile " as long as she doesn't get to skinny". Somewhere along the way between then and the engagement he convinced her.

My mother is probably the reason I still have issues ( maybe ). While I have been told many things at various weights, and I have a wonderful man that gives me 100 % of his love. I still wonder "Am I really good enough". I guess though I have a bit of a different situation on hand then those poor women that do not understand about FA's. While I don't have in common, worrying about being too fat,and not knowing the joys of being sexy to their man, I do have in common being unable to understand why I am loved and adored! I think that this is a common problem with a lot of women. It doesn't have to be Why does my husband like me fat. Skinny women ask all the time why does my husband love me "really"? I understand that those women do not understand that a man can love them and enjoy their bodies. They are so uncomfortable themselves they can't imagine anyone loving what makes them so unhappy. This is how I felt for a long time. I even thought at first when I come on line it was just a big game. I even thought FA's were sorta of weird. I just didn't understand.

Then I met someone that made me understand. I don't think I would ever had been able to be with someone in a healthy relationship if I had not met that FA guy that changed my way of thinking. I begin to see myself as a women, as someone that could be sexy and for the first time I had some confidence. It was very odd for me but wonderful. While I still have self esteem issues they are surely not related to being fat, and understanding that my FA loves my body.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:07 AM   #57
D square
Give me "More to Love"

D square can now change their title
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinita View Post

D-square: I really appreciated your call for being kind to fat women and want to tell you that I don't think things are as depressing as they used to be. The story of your friend is sobering, but I think you have the right idea when you say that it begins with kindness. Thanks.
You're welcome. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need a esteem boost. That is what we FA are for.
D square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #58
pjbbwlvr

pjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized rep
Smile

I understand where she is coming from as my wife who also is a BBW feels the same way about herself. We have been married for 28 years and she still can't understand why I married her and that I still love her and find her body beautiful!

There isn't a person alive who doesn't wish their body could be better. Hey I'm only 5'3" and I wish I was taller. But on the other hand I would take being short over being too tall any day, LOL! And as many BBWs say they had a hard life, so did I too, and I couldn't get a date in HS and nor for my prom to save my life!

But we make a life with what God gives us. I completed 26 years in the military, an organization which favors taller personnel, and I achieved a high rank doing it!

I guess what I am trying to say, and is what a few people have already said,
is that Love yourself for the body you have and thank God for your health!

Take care, Paul
Old 08-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #59
gypsy
gone

gypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
I don't think I've ever met a fat woman in my own life who thought that. They may not have been comfortable with their bodies but they never said anything about feeling disgusted by a guy who would want their bodies.
One of my best friends is like this. It drives her nuts when I call myself "FAT"... she gets highly indignant and screams at me that I'm not FAT I'm BEAUTIFUL. Yet, in the same breath, she called herself and her body ugly and 'how can any man find me and my ugly fat attractive?'. It's really annoying, and disheartening for her at the same time.
gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #60
PrettyLynn
Steeped in Evil

PrettyLynn can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPrettyLynn can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebeehoney View Post
I think that's the major issue with many of us BBW's & SSBBW's - no one TELLS us we're beautiful, or makes us feel special, therefore, we don't feel that we are.
Thank you for saying so. I know that self esteem shouldn't come from other people, but, when you hear "you're ugly and unacceptable" constantly, we need to hear positive things as well....

As for the jokes about you at work... Sounds like a hostile work environment to me.... I'd get a lawyer.
PrettyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:21 AM   #61
Hathor
stolen child

Hathor does more than just post hot picsHathor does more than just post hot picsHathor does more than just post hot pics

I have always envied fat girls who are married or have boyfriends because I always thought it meant they loved themselves enough to love someone else too.

I feel like all my romanticized notions are crumbling now!

When I had a boyfriend ages ago, I was just like that woman you described, Rollhandler. I felt that he was with me because he couldn't get anyone else and as soon as we broke up he'd go back to dating a skinny chick. The guy professed that he loved bigger women and only dated bigger women. My self esteem was so low that when we did break up, I kind of cyber-stalked him to find out if he was dating a skinnier chick.

He ended up dating a chick who was big by average standards, but much smaller than me, so it did nothing to make me feel better about myself.

However, it's still hard to believe any guy would ever be interested in me, but I'm learning to just let go and jump in and see what happens. Thanks to Dims. =)
Hathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #62
rollhandler

rollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hathor View Post
I have always envied fat girls who are married or have boyfriends because I always thought it meant they loved themselves enough to love someone else too.

I feel like all my romanticized notions are crumbling now!

When I had a boyfriend ages ago, I was just like that woman you described, Rollhandler. I felt that he was with me because he couldn't get anyone else and as soon as we broke up he'd go back to dating a skinny chick. The guy professed that he loved bigger women and only dated bigger women. My self esteem was so low that when we did break up, I kind of cyber-stalked him to find out if he was dating a skinnier chick.

He ended up dating a chick who was big by average standards, but much smaller than me, so it did nothing to make me feel better about myself.

However, it's still hard to believe any guy would ever be interested in me, but I'm learning to just let go and jump in and see what happens. Thanks to Dims. =)
At least with the "web" and locations like Dims, we have a resource to find that not only are we not alone, but that others share our circumstances. I have trouble understanding how BBWs and Fas learned of and about each other Pre-internet. My experiences personally were that it was very difficult back in the day on both sides of the fence for dating and understanding the difficulties facing both BBWs and FAs.

Back when I started dating the term FA wasn't mainstream and all we were was that wierd guy that likes fat girls. The girls we admired didn't understand our preference or our sincerity in admiring and preference toward their size in dating circles. The girls didn't know about FAs or that men had preferences in size it seemed. They simply assumed that some fat girls just got lucky.

With resources like Dims we can learn about each other, and ourselves, and connect with others of like type or preference to learn about and feel better about who we are and what we prefer. I hope and imagine that with the internet and places like Dims that the interpersonal relationships between FAs and BBWs are made better through the education that can be gleaned from them.

FAs are real, we are all over, and our preferences are real. I am glad to see that through sites like this that perceptions of BBW self image and FA preferences are better understood and learned from and made better.
Rollhandler
rollhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #63
jonah-uk

jonah-uk can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollhandler View Post
At least with the "web" and locations like Dims, we have a resource to find that not only are we not alone, but that others share our circumstances. I have trouble understanding how BBWs and Fas learned of and about each other Pre-internet. My experiences personally were that it was very difficult back in the day on both sides of the fence for dating and understanding the difficulties facing both BBWs and FAs.
certainly the internet has helped things (and helped a lot of people to realise how many others out there feel the same way), but the way for most people to meet before the internet was exactly the same as it is now - just go up to someone you like the look of, and say "hello".
jonah-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:54 PM   #64
NemoVolo

NemoVolo can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNemoVolo can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I don't think FAs are gross, but my parents do. They found dims once going through my history (because they're incredibly nosy like that) and gave me a big lecture about how people who think fat girls are attractive have something wrong with them, because obesity is unhealthy, gross, etc.

Even though I also like BHMs in all their soft, squishy glory, I can't wrap my head around any guy finding me attractive. Not only am I fat, but I don't dress nicely in flattering skirts or dresses, and I rarely ever wear make-up. I've heard from my mother that until I lose weight, dress more girly, and wear make-up that I'll never have a boyfriend. Well, sorry, but even if I lost the weight I'd still rather wear my jeans and t-shirts.

It's disheartening when a guy who claims he likes BBWs ends up dating a very skinny girl. And I can't even read many of the BBW romance stories on this site; all the heavy girls are so confident and sexual and extroverted about their feelings that I can't relate to it at all. The same goes for the BHM stories; the vast majority are about the man ending up with a very thin, sexy woman.

Most of the time, I'm tired of this ride and I'd like to get off, please.
NemoVolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #65
Hathor
stolen child

Hathor does more than just post hot picsHathor does more than just post hot picsHathor does more than just post hot pics

Nemovolo,

Mothers are detrimental to their daughters. Mine did the same thing as did her dad. She's kind of mellowed out now as far as lecturing me and degrading me, but she's obsessed with losing weight for herself and now degrades herself since I refuse to listen to her.

I don't relate at all to the stories here either. Maybe someday I'll have the sexy confidence that so many BBWS, real and fantasy, exude.

I'm definitely in the same boat with you sister. =)
Hathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:07 AM   #66
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoVolo View Post
I don't think FAs are gross, but my parents do. They found dims once going through my history (because they're incredibly nosy like that) and gave me a big lecture about how people who think fat girls are attractive have something wrong with them, because obesity is unhealthy, gross, etc.

Even though I also like BHMs in all their soft, squishy glory, I can't wrap my head around any guy finding me attractive. Not only am I fat, but I don't dress nicely in flattering skirts or dresses, and I rarely ever wear make-up. I've heard from my mother that until I lose weight, dress more girly, and wear make-up that I'll never have a boyfriend. Well, sorry, but even if I lost the weight I'd still rather wear my jeans and t-shirts.

It's disheartening when a guy who claims he likes BBWs ends up dating a very skinny girl. And I can't even read many of the BBW romance stories on this site; all the heavy girls are so confident and sexual and extroverted about their feelings that I can't relate to it at all. The same goes for the BHM stories; the vast majority are about the man ending up with a very thin, sexy woman.

Do they not realize the message they are sending to you by saying these things. I'm so sorry that you feel this way. We're not all confidant and sexy and self assured. Neither are thinner women, we are all just trying to make our way and accept ourselves as is. I hope that you can find some kind of acceptance for yourself. It took me a long time to be ok with myself and there are days I still have a hard time.

Honey, I live in t shirts and shorts or jeans. Never wear make up although I have been trying a little here and there, lately. I've been happily married for 12 years, so don't think there's no one out there for you.

Last edited by steely; 08-21-2009 at 07:10 AM.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:57 AM   #67
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoVolo View Post

I am an older woman that has worn t-shirts,shorts,jean and no make up all of my life..I get kidded I look like a man..I never had a problem getting dates or having boyfriends no matter my size..

Confidence comes from within..You have to learn to like yourself first,then love yourself and realize that even tho your body might be bigger then Jane Doe it is still an amazing thing...

Any young woman in her late teens to mid twenties has a hard time with sexuality most of the time..It is because she is growing up and her ideas of life and herself are changing at an incredible rate..What you liked at 17 is not always going to be what you like at 27,37 and so on and so on..You begin to learn what turns you on and what doesn't..You are learning new things about yourself all of the time and you mind is in awe of what is happening..

Please do not give up..I know it is hard but life is really worth living as long as your please yourself and not try to please everyone else..You have to do what make you feel happy..

Sorry your parents are so closed minded and giving you the wrong message about life..It is different strokes for different folks...As for the men that say they like BBWs but only date skinny girls meh they aren't really worth knowing...

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #68
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
When I had a boyfriend ages ago, I was just like that woman you described, Rollhandler. I felt that he was with me because he couldn't get anyone else

I have never understood this line of thinking.
It shows how very little you thought of yourself, but it also says to me that you thought very little of your boyfriend at the time.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #69
NemoVolo

NemoVolo can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNemoVolo can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Nemovolo,

Mothers are detrimental to their daughters. Mine did the same thing as did her dad. She's kind of mellowed out now as far as lecturing me and degrading me, but she's obsessed with losing weight for herself and now degrades herself since I refuse to listen to her.

I don't relate at all to the stories here either. Maybe someday I'll have the sexy confidence that so many BBWS, real and fantasy, exude.

I'm definitely in the same boat with you sister. =)
I know that at least some of my mother's opinions come from her own self-consciousness about her weight. She has always been curvy, but has struggled with obesity for a long time now. Instead of following their (both of my parents are overweight) own dieting advice, they push it onto me and get frustrated when I don't respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
Do they not realize the message they are sending to you by saying these things. I'm so sorry that you feel this way. We're not all confidant and sexy and self assured. Neither are thinner women, we are all just trying to make our way and accept ourselves as is. I hope that you can find some kind of acceptance for yourself. It took me a long time to be ok with myself and there are days I still have a hard time.

Honey, I live in t shirts and shorts or jeans. Never wear make up although I have been trying a little here and there, lately. I've been happily married for 12 years, so don't think there's no one out there for you.
I'm not sure my mom quite realizes what she's saying, because she met my dad when she was much thinner herself, and I think she just wants to encourage me to lose weight and act more feminine. As for my dad, he tends not to be aware of how the things he says can be hurtful. And if I confront him about it later, he doesn't even remember saying them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleButtBabe View Post
I am an older woman that has worn t-shirts,shorts,jean and no make up all of my life..I get kidded I look like a man..I never had a problem getting dates or having boyfriends no matter my size..

Confidence comes from within..You have to learn to like yourself first,then love yourself and realize that even tho your body might be bigger then Jane Doe it is still an amazing thing...

Any young woman in her late teens to mid twenties has a hard time with sexuality most of the time..It is because she is growing up and her ideas of life and herself are changing at an incredible rate..What you liked at 17 is not always going to be what you like at 27,37 and so on and so on..You begin to learn what turns you on and what doesn't..You are learning new things about yourself all of the time and you mind is in awe of what is happening..

Please do not give up..I know it is hard but life is really worth living as long as your please yourself and not try to please everyone else..You have to do what make you feel happy..

Sorry your parents are so closed minded and giving you the wrong message about life..It is different strokes for different folks...As for the men that say they like BBWs but only date skinny girls meh they aren't really worth knowing...
I've never been asked on a date or had a boyfriend. The very few guys who showed any interest in me physically, ended up putting me in the "just friends" category and are now dating skinny girls. I was the rebound for one, and the other was too busy for a girlfriend, except the skinny girl that worked with him. :|

It's hard not to give up when nothing seems to work. There's only so much rejection someone can take.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #70
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oh NemoVolo, I just want to give you everything I've learned in my life because you sound just like me. That and a great big you are worth it hug.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #71
NemoVolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
Oh NemoVolo, I just want to give you everything I've learned in my life because you sound just like me. That and a great big you are worth it hug.
I like hugs?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #72
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

I have to go for a while but I will be back later to post to you NemoVolo..

The miracle of loving
And
Old 08-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #73
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

Hugss Nemo,I wish I had these pearls of wisdom to give you..The only thing I can say that I hope you understand is this,as you grow up and get older life changes a lot..I know reject stinks but at times I think we need it to open our eyes to other possibilities..Work on loving yourself and being good to yourself..

The miracle of loving
And