Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #26
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
You should check out Shirataki or konnyaku noodles! No carbs, extremely low cal and they are a decent pasta/noodle substitute. They should be available at health food stores or Japanese stores.
Cors, I just got a couple packets of shirataki to try (thanks for the Safeway tip, Megan). What do you recommend pairing it with? I was thinking I'd probably use it like lo mein.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #27
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

When I was on Atkins, I got very good at making low-carb foods. One thing I noticed was that if I stayed away from the "low-carb" foods like low-carb bread and low-carb pasta, I didn't crave them as much, but as soon as I ate even one serving of these things, it set my cravings for them on fire. My advice is to avoid these things and just get over the cravings, I did.

One of my favorite treats was cauliflower with spinach dip, cauliflower with cheese or butter and a bit of black pepper. I used to make a lot of quiche, burgers in lettuce instead of buns, BACON (as we all know, the candy of the pig) on my salad was a favorite treat, actually, I would just cook bacon for a snack. You can also make instant sugar-free pudding with 1/2 cream and 1/2 water, tastes like mousse. I use a stick blender for that. I even got to like pork rinds with spinach dip. I should be eating low-carb anyhow, I am diabetic, too, but it's soo darn expensive.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #28
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am really liking the new whole grain pastas...they are so much better than the older ones, which were just...ungh.

Great reminder about Shirataki noodles, Cors, thank you. I like how they taste.

(The following isn't really on-topic, but I'm curious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
I had to go on Bernstein for my diabetes. I eat very low carb but as you say most of mine come from meat, eggs, and salad. Boring as He** but my numbers never go above 120. Most of the time they are below 100. I don't take insulin and I think they are going to take me off glyburide. It works for me. I also lost about 60 pounds in 6 months if he's bugging you about weight, which mine was.
If your numbers are that low, how do they look at the diabetes? As being (sort of) arrested, or something?
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #29
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just purchased almond flour and low carb baking mix from amazon.com. Found a couple of recipes for low carb cookies and I can't wait to try them.

I'm hoping if I can make the foods I love be low carb and introduce myself to new ingredients..that this time I'll stick to this thing.

Keep posting recipes..they look awesome!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:43 AM   #30
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
I just purchased almond flour and low carb baking mix from amazon.com. Found a couple of recipes for low carb cookies and I can't wait to try them.

I'm hoping if I can make the foods I love be low carb and introduce myself to new ingredients..that this time I'll stick to this thing.

Keep posting recipes..they look awesome!
I just thought I'd mention, in case you hadn't noticed me down here, that I'm groveling at your feet for word on how your cookies come out. I sense that you probably have better instincts about cooking than I do so I'm watching you closely. Please let us know how things go.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:59 AM   #31
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
I just thought I'd mention, in case you hadn't noticed me down here, that I'm groveling at your feet for word on how your cookies come out. I sense that you probably have better instincts about cooking than I do so I'm watching you closely. Please let us know how things go.
I can cook..but I don't claim any kind of baking skills..LOL

I will let you know and post the recipe if they work out!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:45 PM   #32
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

Not sure how low carb a dish has to be to qualify but I just made ricotta gnocchi tonight and thought it might be a way for someone to have something low carb and still have Italian pasta. It super quick and easy to make, fresh dry ricotta makes up most of the dough plus one egg (i used egg beaters) and a few tablespoons whole wheat flour (some recipes use almost none at all, and some use alot so search carefully), you can add some dried chopped spinach to this or leave out and thats it. Mix everything with some salt and pepper and roll into shapes then boil for 1-2 minutes. Serve with your favorite sauce and it makes pretty delicious gnocchi, and feels like you are eating a bowl of pasta even though its mostly ricotta cheese!
crayola box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #33
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayola box View Post
Not sure how low carb a dish has to be to qualify but I just made ricotta gnocchi tonight and thought it might be a way for someone to have something low carb and still have Italian pasta. It super quick and easy to make, fresh dry ricotta makes up most of the dough plus one egg (i used egg beaters) and a few tablespoons whole wheat flour (some recipes use almost none at all, and some use alot so search carefully), you can add some dried chopped spinach to this or leave out and thats it. Mix everything with some salt and pepper and roll into shapes then boil for 1-2 minutes. Serve with your favorite sauce and it makes pretty delicious gnocchi, and feels like you are eating a bowl of pasta even though its mostly ricotta cheese!
I repped you for posting this! My favorite dish at Jane in NYC is the toasted ricotta gnocchi in a white truffle cream sauce. It's even been featured on that My Favorite Thing show. Now I'm halfway there!
Old 09-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #34
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasimodoQT View Post
My favorite dish at Jane in NYC is the toasted ricotta gnocchi in a white truffle cream sauce. It's even been featured on that My Favorite Thing show. Now I'm halfway there!
Thanks, glad it is useful to someone... just wanted to mention that I totally generalized the amounts in my post but for exact measurements Recipezaar has tons of variations.
here is the Zuni version which I hear is delicious but i was a little intimidated to tackle - my guess would be it tastes closer to a restaurant version then mine: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...Gnocchi-241532

Oh, and I will totally be adding Jane to my list, I had previously only heard about it for brunch, thanks!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #35
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayola box View Post
Thanks, glad it is useful to someone... just wanted to mention that I totally generalized the amounts in my post but for exact measurements Recipezaar has tons of variations.
here is the Zuni version which I hear is delicious but i was a little intimidated to tackle - my guess would be it tastes closer to a restaurant version then mine: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...Gnocchi-241532

Oh, and I will totally be adding Jane to my list, I had previously only heard about it for brunch, thanks!
Enjoy Jane, I've had so many lovely dishes there, I don't think you can go wrong.

And I'm definitely adding both versions to my recipe file. I use it infrequently, as my husband likes to do the cooking, but it's nice to have something in the wings that I'm looking forward to making!
Old 09-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #36
MisticalMisty

Here's the recipe for the cauliflower from the Everyday pics thread.

1 head of fresh cauliflower, leaves and stem removed

1/4-1/2 cup of softened butter

1 and 1/2 teaspoon of seasoning salt

1/4 cup of grated or shredded parm cheese

That's the originally recipe..I also added 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and a little pinch of red pepper flakes because I love them so much.

Rinse and pat dry the cauliflower. Smear the head with the softened butter. The amount you use will really depend on the size.

Sprinkle it with the seasoning salt, garlic, cheese and red pepper flakes.

Wrap loosely in aluminum foil and bake at 375 for an hour to and hour and 15 mins.

Enjoy.

It was good. I'm not a fan of cooked cauliflower. It will be an acquired taste for me.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #37
crayola box

mmh this cauliflower sounds good, I am going to try it. I usually just cut it into florets, toss with olive oil S+P, and roast til nice and crispy and brown on the edges, but A different way to do it sounds awesome thanks!
Old 09-19-2009, 10:17 PM   #38
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

I always thought that a low carb would be GREAT cuz I am a carnivore first last and always...well it's NOT. I am craving pasta and sourdough bread like crazy. I tell myself to get over it and sometimes I do listen! But somtimes not so much.

One thing I have discovered are roasted vegetaables..brussel spouts, broccoli, green beans, carrots and asparagus are some of the ones I've tried. They're really good.

I really love this forum..there is so much support and tons of great ideas. Thanks to all who contribute here. I'm going to check out the shiratake noodles and the cauliflower "thing".
Old 09-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #39
crayola box

I sometimes have the same issue when I go through low carb phases- thought giving up the refined sugar and starches etc. would be easy and then find myself craving pasta. Thing is I don't even like pasta that much so i have come to the conclusion that its psychological not physiological- my brain jut wants this stuff because I told it that its off limits. Its because of this that I try to moderate rather then make it an all or nothing situation.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:46 PM   #40
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

I would never have lasted if I had been told to cut carbs entirely. Even just cutting most of the simple carbs was hard but the fact that I was told to convert to complex carbs was the saving factor. There really is no satisfactory replacement for a good old potato but I love nutty, grainy breads and brown rice. Whole grain pasta has gotten a lot better than it used to be too. Fortunately, sweets aren't a big issue for me.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:06 AM   #41
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Hey Misty,
Came upon this site and I use it often and thought of you!

http://weight-watchers-points-recipe...Carb%20Recipes
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #42
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Brandi..thanks so much for that link..I sound several dishes that sound really good.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #43
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLadyJ View Post
Brandi..thanks so much for that link..I sound several dishes that sound really good.
No problem!!! Let us know how they turn out!!
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #44
MisticalMisty

Bumping this since I've been on the low carb prowl again.

Low carb "deep" dish pizza crust. This was super yummy!

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon oregano or 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces Italian cheese blend or 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
Whisk in eggs until mixture is well-blended and smooth.
Add the Parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened.
Spread cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9"x13" glass baking dish or lightly greased and lined with parchment paper (see note below).
Bake at 375F for 20 to 25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark; let cool completely on a wire rack.
When nearly cooled, take a spatula and carefully pry up the edges to loosen from pan.
Ease the spatula under the whole crust to loosen.
Keep crust in the pan; this makes it easier to remove the finished pizza later.
Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time (this dries out the crust and makes it crisper).
I topped mine with pizza sauce, canadian bacon, sausage and pepperoini...plus my side with olives and mushrooms. Topped the whole thing with cheese and baked at 375 for 20 minutes. I would suggest cooking this in the morning and letting it sit in the fridge all day.

This was very yummy the next day..even cold!

I have 2 of these planned this weekend..maybe even a third. I'm going to do a breakfast one for my daily breakfast of course and then 2 for the hubs and I. One will give you 8 slices. I want to be able to take this to work the next day. It heats up beautifully.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #45
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Hey Misty,
Came upon this site and I use it often and thought of you!

http://weight-watchers-points-recipe...Carb%20Recipes
I'm not sure I ever saw this post. Thanks Brandi, if you are still around to see this
Old 11-06-2010, 06:43 AM   #46
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Not exactly low carbs, but I discovered that both brown rice syrup and agave nectar (like a honey) are very low on the glycemic index...like 15 - 20. I haven't tried baking with them yet, but I've found them to be really helpful when I need a hit of sweetness on something. Brown rice syrup has sort of a caramel flavor to it...the agave is just straight up sweet.
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #47
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just when I thought I had nothing left to live for... I made the most AWESOME steak and onion low carb wraps today! I'm not even a good cook and I had been craving steak and onions for days now. I finally took the plunge and made them myself. One of those things that you can't really mess up. Not the lowest carbs out there but within the proper limit if done right. *faints* So good.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #48
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
Just posted this in response to what's going down in the Everyday Food Pics thread, but it belongs here moreso:

Believe it or not, you can use cauliflower to make a really good rice substitute...use a blender on some raw (fresh) cauliflower until it gets into rice sized bits. Then put in a dish with a little water, cover and microwave for a couple of minutes. Took me a bit of practice to get it the right texture but it works really well with curry, chilli etc - I served it to my family with some curry dolloped over it and most of them didnt even notice they werent eating white rice. Crazy, but true!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
You should check out Shirataki or konnyaku noodles! No carbs, extremely low cal and they are a decent pasta/noodle substitute. They should be available at health food stores or Japanese stores.

I also recommend the HungryGirl website. They are not a low-carb website, but they do offer good meal swaps and ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Thanks to everyone that's posted so far...I'm going to try the cauliflower tip and I found a recipe for a cauliflower pizza crust. I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
Just one word here. BACON

Bacon is no-carb.

I'm a diabetic too, and symphasize with you, hun.

Jes' sayin'. . .

I found out this week that I am pre-diabetic and had to meet with a dietitian on Friday.
I'm a bit confused now about the low-carbing because she warned me to also limit animal fats- because those can give me insulin spikes, too.
Is it different as someone that is pre-diabetic than someone on insulin? (I have started taking metformin). I realize this isn't the health board but thought someone might have some input?

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #49
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Chili is an excellent low-carb food as long as you don't add any macaroni to it. You can easily make chili vegetarian, just don't overly rely on beans. I like using eggplant for texture in stuff.

I would also say that gumbo, made with brown or wild rice, is not bad either. I use wild rice whenever I can simply because I like the flavor and texture better. Both chili and gumbo can be bulk-cooked and frozen for taking to work as leftovers. I do that a lot during the winter. Or you could omit the rice but I don't know for sure being a Northerner...isn't rice basically a requirement for gumbo?

Also here are some other ideas:

Bean soup (there must be some legumes that are lower in carbs than others...lentils perhaps?)

Chicken soup. Just make sure to buy lean chicken. I <3 Julia Child's chicken stock recipe. Make that, save the broth and chicken and some of the veggies, and cut up the chicken.

Also here:

http://www.all4naturalhealth.com/low...food-list.html

They list barley as one of the lowest carbs on the GI, so you could do a veggie/barley soup also.

Fish they say is supposed to have healthy fats. I don't know about all the hype, but I do like salmon and tuna.

Egg whites are supposed to be healthier than egg yolk. Again I don't know about all the healthy food hype as they change everything every so often anyway. But eggs are protein and not carbs, so there you go.

Last edited by EMH1701; 02-06-2011 at 05:21 PM.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #50
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Gumbo is made with a lot of butter or oil and flour. The only way to make it low carb is to skip the roux and use a ton of okra as the thickener.

I have discovered the awesomeness that is celery root puree. One cup of raw celery root has 7gm of carbs. I've made it the same way I'd make mashed potatoes and it's just so delicious.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote