Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 09-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
FrenchBBW

FrenchBBW has said some nice things
Default few regrets about my weight gain, and you ?

I'm not writing here since many time ...
But i have got a question and this place is the best for my "problem".

I gain lot of weight (my currently weight is 275lbs, I started around 110lbs) and I love my fat body it's not the problem.
Only i changed life-dramatically and it's not always great :
I'm out of breath, i can't run longtime with my children, in the bus I'm too tight, summer when my thighs scrub it's very painful, ...
For all this reasons I regretted my choice because now all is complicated.

But paradoxically when i lose, i'm sad.
My husband wants the better for me (and he loves my fat belly ) so he's very comprehensive and wants help-me but as i don't know the solution it's not easy for him (and for me).

I can't ask you the solution. I want "evidences" !

Have you few regrets about weight gain ?

xxx
Old 09-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
Ocean

Ocean can now change their title

My regrets about weight gain don't stem from the actual gain itself, but my perception of it. I had never gotten all that big compared to some of the gorgeous people on here, yet for a while my weight really ruled my life. I was convinced I was bigger than I was, I counted calories and every single little pound obsessively , and I'd only wear oversized and unflattering clothing to hide my figure.

Though I agree with you on the fitness scale, that just wasn't something I could get used to, especially since it's an important part of my life. Getting out of breath from just running down the street really helped spell it out for me, and I made sure to keep exercising. With that, it is possible to be big and healthy, you just need to take it a little at a time.
Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club

It's funny that I stumbled on your post now, as I just (almost) posted something similar in another forum.

I understand your feelings, both my partner and I are very large, and although I am a great lover of all things fat, I share your misgivings for a similar reason - our lifestyle and its impact on how we manage with our 4-year old daughter.

I guess right now I'm looking for a compromise. I love the fat life, I love being big, I love that my partner is truly super-sized, but like you, I want us to both enjoy our time with our daughter and don't want to be held back any more than necessary.

Brenda
Old 09-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think everyone has their own limit of what is a comfortable and acceptable weight for them. Some of the time I think we can't know what that is until we've gone past it.

Both my wife and I gained weight during the years we have been together. I loved the gain and the fatness on both of us! But we have both lost some from our heaviest, and are happier that way. Losing just a little bit took away some of the things that bothered us most.

Also two benefits of losing a little bit:

- your skin does not shrink like your fat does, which means your fat is held in more loosely, making it softer. More like a pillow and less like a sausage Especially with the belly, the top may thin more but the bottom usually not much (I think the fat just 'falls') so the lower belly will not change much with a small loss, except softer.

- Your body has gotten used to carrying your heaviest weight. It now has the muscle to lift that up and move it around well. You lose a little bit and you will probably find that you are stronger and faster than when at the same weigt but gaining.

Mind you, we didn't gain as much as you did, so your experience might be different. But maybe try losing 10kg and see how you feel?

Bonne chance!

Last edited by Tad; 09-29-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchBBW View Post
I'm not writing here since many time ...
But i have got a question and this place is the best for my "problem".

I gain lot of weight (my currently weight is 275lbs, I started around 110lbs) and I love my fat body it's not the problem.
Only i changed life-dramatically and it's not always great :
I'm out of breath, i can't run longtime with my children, in the bus I'm too tight, summer when my thighs scrub it's very painful, ...
For all this reasons I regretted my choice because now all is complicated.

But paradoxically when i lose, i'm sad.
My husband wants the better for me (and he loves my fat belly ) so he's very comprehensive and wants help-me but as i don't know the solution it's not easy for him (and for me).

I can't ask you the solution. I want "evidences" !

Have you few regrets about weight gain ?

xxx

Slightly off topic - apparently Body Glide balm helps with the thighs rubbing pain.
http://www.bodyglide.com/
No i am not on an endorsement. Just trying to help.

Oh, also have you looked at the Health board?
There's BBW posting about their experiences improving their fitness/mobility over there.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #6
wolfpersona

wolfpersona can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswolfpersona can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

hmm...thats a bummer if your running out of breath while with the kids. Theyre young I asume. Whenever I take care of my nephew he drives me nuts.Are you a bus driver? I work at a grocery store. so when im home i dont want to do anything physical. Im 230 from 160. If your breathing is a problem maybe a little exersize here and there would help. If you like your weight i wouldn't try to lose it. Just exersize to stay healthy.
I don't regret gaining. I love being a big husky guy. I just regret not gaining sooner.

Last edited by wolfpersona; 09-29-2009 at 04:17 PM.
wolfpersona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:03 PM   #7
FrenchBBW

FrenchBBW has said some nice things
Cool

All your opinions are very interesting for me.
And thanks for yours answers.

I'm agree with you about to exercise to keep health and I make that before my second pregnancy, I swam all the day (I practiced swim during my youngness at very high-level so it's a real pleasure for me to swim).
But during my second pregnancy I gained lot of weight (after the delivery my weight was 310lbs) and I lost maybe 35lbs in 6mounths. Today it stabilized around 275lbs, but I'm always really tired and if I love my fat body it's complicated to use my little boy (7years) and my baby girl (8mouths).
For my first pregnancy I weighted around 115-120lbs and I lost quickly my pregnant-weight, and I was not tired so it's maybe that the difference with this secondů

Although to see my baby girl puts to my big belly it's so great