Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 10-15-2009, 06:37 AM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Stories?

This question was sparked by a brief discussion on the BHM board, about the relative slow rate of BHM/FFA stories showing up in the Dimensions library. For whatever reason, that got me thinking about the stories in the GLBTQ realm. A quick look shows that the GLBTQ board in the library has a whole 22 stories in it, of varying kinds.

Now, I know that there are lots of other sites on the web that no doubt have lots of stories from one or more portions of the broad spectrum covered by the GLBTQ acronym. But Id guess that finding fat related stories in there would be hard. For that reason I could maybe see value in trying to get more such stories in Dimensions.

On the other hand, Id imagine that some people might still be some degree of nervous or uncomfortable putting their stories about these sorts of things up in a place that is majority heterosexual? Also, of course, the Dimensions library has always tended to have more stories eroticizing fat versus stories that just happen to have fat characters, so members here who dont eroticize fat may not have thought to, or been comfortable, posting stories that simply involved fat characters? I can totally understand someone choosing not to post stories here for those, or other reasons.

Those were just my speculations on why so few GLBTQ stories. Do any of you write stories? Have you posted any of them on Dimensions? If yes, would you post more? If not, why have you not posted them here, and have you posted them elsewhere?

Curious minds (or at least my curious mind) want(s) to know!
Old 10-22-2009, 04:21 AM   #2
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club

I don't think the number of stories in any one arena are really indicative of the population of that group. I think there tend to be a handful of writers who typically write the bulk of the online fiction, and in most cases they stick to whatever style/content turns them on, so to speak.

Some writers break the mold, some with regularity, but I feel they're the exceptions.

Myself, I've written stories (as yet unpublished!) from a variety of points of view - lesbians, gay BHMs, straight BHMs, etc. but I've never bothered to post anything. Mostly the stories are just something to do when I can't sleep.

We just need some GLBTQ advocates to start posting - my bet is the stories are out there. Maybe I'll post one just to get the ball rolling?

Brenda
Old 10-22-2009, 06:03 AM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

please do! From your comics I know you create interesting characters....would love to see your stories
Old 10-22-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

I am soooooo not a writer. I've had, like, two story ideas in my entire life and was never able to get them on paper in a satisfactory way (curse my lack of eloquence and random trains of thought.... bah). So I'm unlikely to be contributing to our little corner of the story boards I second Tad on wanting to see your stories, Brenda - I love the characters and storylines in your comics, I bet you turn out great stories!

Edit: I think there are some stories that aren't ending up on the GLBTQ board too - I know Toni Lynn did the Miss Cheeky story a while back, and that's in the erotica archive. Like everywhere else, though, it's probably more likely that lesbian stories will be mixed in with the straight stuff than any other form of GLBTQ story would be, because straight guys find lesbian stories hot.

Last edited by Teleute; 10-22-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleute View Post
Like everywhere else, though, it's probably more likely that lesbian stories will be mixed in with the straight stuff than any other form of GLBTQ story would be, because straight guys find lesbian stories hot.
I hadn't even considered that. I remember that when I was skimming the archives I was surprised at how many were gay male, given the ratio of gay/bi guys to gay/bi women around Dims, but this might explain it?
Old 10-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
Victim
Oasis is JUST A BAND.

Victim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I put up a gay story and a lesbian story just to see if I could pull it off. They both got some favorable responses. I'm straight but as a writer I couldn't resist the challenge. I've thought about a bi story, but right now something else has taken over virtually all the spare time in my life and I wouldn't be able to write anything for quite a while.

Maybe some DIMS writers should be put up to a challenge to write a GLBTQ story for the archive!
Old 11-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
tankgirl
Phreakoid.

tankgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestankgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'll help write, if anyone wants help. Co-authoring, idea kicking, any of that. Plenty of ideas, myself.
PM me.

Also looking for people to RP with online.
PM me if you're interested in that.
tankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
VVET

VVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesVVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesVVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl View Post
I'll help write, if anyone wants help. Co-authoring, idea kicking, any of that. Plenty of ideas, myself.
PM me.

Also looking for people to RP with online.
PM me if you're interested in that.
I've written a couple of short M2F stories, as well as weight gain stories.
I also RP.
PM?
VVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:09 AM   #9
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

hmm..think i will try and write a lesbian erotica story today.. as i feel all washed out and icky.. i might as well be productive... hmm ok.. just need to think of a storyline...
Maby i don't need to..maby it should just have shagging in it..
hmm..
To be honest the only stories i have read in years have been one of GEFs which i loved and a couple of Tads.. which i loved too (both totally different styles) so i'm not sure what is expected... maby i should judt write and see what happens....
hmm i bet it ends up cheezy and like a fat version of the L word!
Old 11-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #10
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

i wrote the first part. Its funny but the actual getting around to the sex part if kinna difficult. Funny enough, a while ago i was showing my friend (Who is not an fa) fat erotica and she said "but where is the sex bit". Its funny because you forget that things we find really sexy might go over someone elses head totally!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #11
GTAFA

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed

Ah now this truly is a test of the inclusiveness of the Dimensions community; or perhaps i should, more accurately say "communities". I think back on some of the compositions I have encountered, where European composers wrote exotic operas while appropriating cultural elements from abroad (and no that's not an oblique gender reference...hehe), and feel that in some quarters they put the onus on the creator to show that they have a good reason to explore that new voice & culture. The whole thrust of identity politics is to authorize those who are oppressed, while interrogating the motives of those who appropriate a voice.

So i wonder, wouldn't it be politically incorrect in a sense for a non-gay person to write about what it's like to be gay? and then i think "but that's what writers have always done". Shakespeare wrote zillions of lines to be delivered by women even though he's a man, wrote the lines of Othello the moor, and Shylock the jew even though he was white & English.

I believe it could be very liberating to explore a sexuality other than my own, and a story would be a kind of virtual reality. I hope nobody objects given that this thread seems to be throwing down the gauntlet, issuing a very direct invitation.
GTAFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:03 PM   #12
GTAFA

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed

No wait, i realize i am mis-reading this thread. Pardon me, i guess my own imagination ran away with me there.

Perhaps to answer the original post, I am pretty sure the small number of stories has its source in pure demographics.
GTAFA is offline   Reply With Quote