Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 11-16-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Experiences of FA confidence?

everyone focuses on BBWs being confident but what about FAs? what have your experiences been? do you find the FAs you've met to have confidence that applies to other parts of his life as well as to you? what percentage of FAs would you say are confident? how does this reality affect you?
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:56 AM   #2
Filly
Searching Restlessly

Filly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFilly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFilly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Interesting post Superodalisque!!

Not having met many FA's myself, I'm definitely not in the best position to provide much meaningful input to this thread. However, I am interested to see what some of the responses are!

I think there is a perception out there that many FA's are submissive and somewhat shy. I dont know whether there is actually any validity to that theory, but from my (VERY limited) exposure to FAs at the April NJ Bash, I would have to state that some of the FAs I met were less 'out there' than their significant others. I could be WAY off the mark there, but that was my perception. Important to note however, that the Bashes are kind of catered to (SS)BBWs so women may appear more outgoing in those situations due to the feeling of freedom some might experience at BBW events.

Anyway, I've kind of gone off on a tangent.....

I think it likely that there is as much variety of personalities in the FA community as there is in the population more generally.

Interested to see what people have to say!
Old 11-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
kieran1394

kieran1394 can now change their title

I'm confident as hell, truust me. Although, I have noticed that a lot of other fellow FA's aren't all that confident for some reason.

I guess it depends on the person.
kieran1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran1394 View Post
I'm confident as hell, truust me. Although, I have noticed that a lot of other fellow FA's aren't all that confident for some reason.

I guess it depends on the person.
it definitely depends on the person. but i'm looking for good ole stereotypes and generalizations
Old 11-18-2009, 12:02 AM   #5
luv4biggurls

luv4biggurls has said some nice things

I'm the same proud Afro-Cuabn/Japanese brutha with a lovely bbbw or ssbbbw on my arm or not. I have confidence in my abilities and I carry myself with honor and respect. Most are worry what other think....I'm free from all my insecurities. I have meditated and worked hard to get myself to this point...Super as usual you ask good questions...I still hope to chat with you one day....amnosamurai@yahoo.com
Old 11-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #6
superodalisque

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4biggurls View Post
I'm the same proud Afro-Cuabn/Japanese brutha with a lovely bbbw or ssbbbw on my arm or not. I have confidence in my abilities and I carry myself with honor and respect. Most are worry what other think....I'm free from all my insecurities. I have meditated and worked hard to get myself to this point...Super as usual you ask good questions...I still hope to chat with you one day....amnosamurai@yahoo.com
its nice that you do, but i'm really not looking for opinions of FAs of themselves. say hey anytime.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #7
Inhibited

Inhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging in

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filly View Post

Not having met many FA's myself, I'm definitely not in the best position to provide much meaningful input to this thread. However, I am interested to see what some of the responses are!

I think there is a perception out there that many FA's are submissive and somewhat shy.
Am in the same situation Filly i have never met an FA either, though i must admit until becoming a member of Dims i never knew FA's existed, sure i have had BF's but i never knew how i was meant to be treated. Since being a member i have learnt that umm how can i put it FA's like the whole body and they take you out in public.. I really hope not all FA's are submissive and shy i need someone who doesn't hold back....
Inhibited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:37 AM   #8
superodalisque

[QUOTE=Inhibited;1320373]
Quote:

Am in the same situation Filly i have never met an FA either, though i must admit until becoming a member of Dims i never knew FA's existed, sure i have had BF's but i never knew how i was meant to be treated. Since being a member i have learnt that umm how can i put it FA's like the whole body and they take you out in public.. I really hope not all FA's are submissive and shy i need someone who doesn't hold back....
so are you only thinking of sexual confidence or do you need other kinds of confidence as well?
Old 11-18-2009, 01:03 AM   #9
Inhibited

Inhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging in

[QUOTE]

Def in all areas, but i wouldn't really call it confidence, they are just being themselves, just being natural, i have heard some people say that they like going out and showing their ssbbw/bbw girlfriend off i don't want to go out for those reasons, am not trying to say that i'm worth showing off but, i want to go out coz that is where we feel like going weather it be somewhere quiet or loud..i'm not good at explaining myself i could go on and on trying to find the right words, but i hope you get what i'm trying to say...

I really liked how luv4biggurls, he sounds natural like his not trying to prove anything..
Inhibited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #10
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Interesting thread. I think first of all, you're going to see vast differences when looking at closeted FA's and non closeted FA's. In my experience, to no suprise, closeted FA's are less confident, not just in orientation related stuff but in general life as well. Other than that, I'd say confidence really varies by person just like it does in the general population.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:28 PM   #11
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've met FAs who had no confidence and couldn't bring themselves to talk to a fat woman if their life depended on it. I've met FAs who had a serious case of white knight syndrome and saw their "job" to rescue poor, sad BBWs... and sometimes felt we all were poor, sad BBWs. I've met some who thought they became FAs because they grew to be attracted to what they thought they could get... which I think makes them unconfident. I've met some who had confidence in spades without much to back it up... the sort who act like they're doing us a favor. And I've met some who just loved BBWs, who appreciated life, and who didn't need to prove themselves, hide their preferences, justify their choice of dates, or act like a relationship needed to be an imbalance of "levels" and of favors.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #12
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
And I've met some who just loved BBWs, who appreciated life, and who didn't need to prove themselves, hide their preferences, justify their choice of dates, or act like a relationship needed to be an imbalance of "levels" and of favors.
Word. And I don't think this is necessarily a "confidence" issue. Frankly, I think "confidence" as a standard is kind of a red herring. Months ago we had a big discussion here at DIMS about what confidence is and isn't, and the only thing I took away from it was a deep conviction that people who use the same words are not always speaking the same language. "Confidence" is a term with plentiful and varying denotations. A certain degree of healthy self-esteem is a must for most of us it seems, but self-esteem is NOT the same thing as self-confidence. And confidence, for that matter, does not necessarily encompass fundamental human essentials such as ethical fortitude, moral constancy, or other-regardingness.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote