Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 12-03-2009, 04:43 AM   #1
humber

humber has said some nice things
Default Immobility

What is the heaviest weight in lbs you can reach before becoming imobile?
humber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:47 AM   #2
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humber View Post
Depends on how tall the person is....someone who's 5'1 is more likely going to be immobile at 550-600 pounds whereas someone who's 6'1 may have to be over 750 pounds.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:31 AM   #3
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Besides height it also depends on genetics, lifestyle, fitness, health and age.

If one is predisposed to be fat and have gained over a long period of time, then s/he is more likely to be able to cope with that opposed to someone who has intentionally gained a huge amount in a relatively short period, especially if they did it through deliberately eating junk food and avoiding exercise. People are also less likely to be able to handle the same weight when they gets older, even if they had no problems with it in their youth. This is especially true if said person has health issues that developed or worsened. One being confined to bed rest due to infections can drastically impact their mobility - boredom and frustration often causes eating, lack of movement causes weight gain and muscle atrophy.

Last edited by Cors; 12-03-2009 at 05:33 AM.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:15 AM   #4
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
Depends on how tall the person is....someone who's 5'1 is more likely going to be immobile at 550-600 pounds whereas someone who's 6'1 may have to be over 750 pounds.
I'm 6ft tall, and last year too many business trips and too many restaurant meals made my weight top 500lb. I began to have some minor mobility problems. Nothing major, but I certainly noticed the extra effort. Since then my eating habits returned to normal and I'm back to my stable weight of 450lb - 455lb and my mobility is pretty good again. It's amazing what a difference that extra 50lb or so made.

I'd need to consider the age factor too because I'm 52 years old. But based on how my mobility began to change after my moderate weight gain last year, 600lb or so might immobilize me. I'd rather not find out though.

Last edited by TallFatSue; 12-03-2009 at 09:36 AM.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I've known some who were quite immobile, though almost skeletal in appearance. Of course, it's pretty hard to crawl out of a coffin.

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."

Last edited by Ho Ho Tai; 12-03-2009 at 09:33 AM. Reason: format
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho Ho Tai View Post
I've known some who were quite immobile, though almost skeletal in appearance. Of course, it's pretty hard to crawl out of a coffin.
That's true. Come to think of it, a few people in my department hardly budge unless I practically light fires under them.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Besides height it also depends on genetics, lifestyle, fitness, health and age.

If one is predisposed to be fat and have gained over a long period of time, then s/he is more likely to be able to cope with that opposed to someone who has intentionally gained a huge amount in a relatively short period, especially if they did it through deliberately eating junk food and avoiding exercise. People are also less likely to be able to handle the same weight when they gets older, even if they had no problems with it in their youth. This is especially true if said person has health issues that developed or worsened. One being confined to bed rest due to infections can drastically impact their mobility - boredom and frustration often causes eating, lack of movement causes weight gain and muscle atrophy.
Thank you for saying this, Cors. I didn't want to answer OP's question because ... well. Because.

There is no weight/height correlation. It's not that simple. I had mobility problems at 5'6" and 296 pounds. My range of movement was already limited at that point. Many people here wouldn't even consider that particular weight, at my height, to be anything close to SSBBW territory. There is no easy formula, as some of the answers here seem to imply. It's a game of Russian Roulette. That's the truth. It's not an easy truth, but it is the truth. Some people can be very mobile, very active, very healthy at very high weights. Some people cannot. Age, genetics, level of activity all play a role. And some things cannot be anticipated. I've worked with people who were very healthy and active, and then sustained an injury that led to temporary -- and then permanent -- immobility. An injury that you or I would likely heal from with no significant problems, such as a broken ankle or simple leg fracture resulting from a fall.
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #8
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

all i saw was

Quote:
Immobility
by TraciJo67
Today 02:41 PM Go to last post
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:04 PM   #9
Zoom
Rogue

Zoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I was trying to remember where I'd heard the name Humber before, then it struck me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cleese, Monty Python "Njorl's Saga"
Move any part of your body if you were north of a line from the Humber to the Mersey.
This is being directed to Mr. Njorl, who is bandaged and immobile. No wonder!
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #10
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all i saw was
Just another longwinded gumflap saying immobility could be caused by injury instead of obesity.

Course we all know the kind of immobility people get off on is the obesity related, although I'm sure there are those with a broken bone fetish because that's just how life is.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #11
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
Just another longwinded gumflap saying immobility could be caused by injury instead of obesity.

Course we all know the kind of immobility people get off on is the obesity related, although I'm sure there are those with a broken bone fetish because that's just how life is.
Wow. Your summarization skills really need some work, Junior.

Ditto on the interpersonal.
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #12
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
That varies from person to person. I know people who are larger than I am who get around much better. It does depend mosly on genetics. If you're asking for the law of averages, from what I've noticed being around the community things start to really catch up with people somewhere around the 400 - 450 mark. That number tends to mark a milestone for a lot of people mobility wise.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote