Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 12-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
tankgirl
Phreakoid.

tankgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestankgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default ....Try this again....

Still need info for a story I'm working on.
The last topic I tried this with did not work so well, since everyone was scared to post an opinion. Which is like wow.
So we'll try this.
WHAT is the MOST WEIGHT that YOU or ANOTHER RELIABLE SOURCE has GAINED in the SHORTEST AMOUNT of TIME....?
For example: "I know someone who gained about 5 lbs in one very interesting week."
Or (not me, but for example) "I had a really good time one year and gained like, 20 lbs in two months."
Please none of the "I heard of someone...." or "I saw on this site..."
Let's keep to folks we know. And no, I have no need of names, just a few numbers.
From this information I will figure out what my characters can do.
Thanks in advance, and hopefully I'll get some more useful answers.
Patience is a virtue. Don't panic. There are a great many fish in the sea. Bring your own condoms. Always remember where your towel is. Wear sunscreen. Use soap. Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Carpe diem. Carpe noctem.
And if required, carpe jugulum.
tankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
strataadvance

strataadvance can now change their title
Default OK I'll Try Again!

I had a lover who was a yo-yo dieter. She had the following gains -usually-but not always after having lost weight.1. After going from 135 to 115 in a few months-she gained to 135 in 3 weeks.2. After going from 160 to 130 in a few months-she gained to 148 in 2 months and THEN went to 161 in 6 days.
3. Starting at 160 she gained to 187 in 10 days-27 pounds in 10 days. So that's the fastest that I experienced for a large amount-but she did some other fast gains too.4. After being 210 she dropped back to 187. Then she went to 202 in four days-15 pounds in four days.5. After getting as high as 240 she dropped to 150 in a year -that lasted about a month-in two months she was back to 185-35 pounds in 2 months.From there she moved up to 210 in 3 months. 25 pounds in 3 months.6. Later that year she went from 207 to 227 in a week. 20 pounds in 7 days. This is all true.

She could basically gain 3 pounds a day for extended periods of time. But she gained on purpose most of these times. She would eat an entire Pepperidge Farm coconut cake in one sitting. Or several items from Cinnabon during an hour break during college. Or once she had 15 Reese's Cups stretched out over a day. She also on one occaision ate a dozen Boston Creme doughnuts with no ill effects.

I have an example of a non-intentional gain on a non-yo-yo person who was slim too. A thin track runner 5'5" and 115 told me she gained 10 pounds in a week on vacation-big eating and drinking.

I had another lover very averaged size 5'4" and 125 when we met.Had been 130 for a short time previously. I talked her into letting me see her "huge thighs" that she said she had at 130-in other words she did a gradual gain to 130. Then I asked her to gain 10 pounds in a week. She ate doughnuts and didn't work out and gained 7. So 1 pound per day.

A super skinny girlfriend-the only one who ever captured my heart- gained 12 pounds in the first 6 weeks of college from 5'5" 113 to 125. A large girl lived in her quad and did the cooking. And this girl drank Captain and Coke or beer nearly every night. So that's 2 pounds a week for 6 weeks.

If you're looking for realism in a story- keep a few things in mind.1. Re-Gaining lost weight is almost always the fastest gain- that would go for both unintentional AND intentional gains. 2. The rate of even intenional gains will always slow down because the amount of calories to Maintain a weight will get higher. 3. I have seen a few examples on the net that are well-documented of 50 pounds in a year for two straight years. 100 pounds in a year and I think Kellie Kay did even more than that in a year.These are all intentional gains by the way.

I gained 30 pounds in a year from drinking beer and going from 3-5 workouts per week-to 5 workouts that entire Year. Got out of the routine and took another 2 years to get back into it.Untintentional by the way.

Here's some suggestions dealing with math if you want to keep it realistic. If you divide a year up in quarters it's four 13 week sections. So if someone put on say just 7 pounds in 3 months they might hardly notice. And if they continued at that pace they would have a very Noticeable 28 pound gain in a year. That's a gain that could sneek up on someone and they might never "put a stop to it"-that's what happened to me. Plus I avoided the scale after I knew I was gaining and getting out of shape.

How's this-I've been noticing a young lady that I've known for nearly 10 years. She works at a store that also sells subs and pizza and fried foods etc. She remained very slim for the first 8 years. But now at 30 she has begun to gain. I feel as though she probably gained 5 pounds year-before-last and then another 10 in the past 12 months. And of course in my mind I'm wondering if she might match that this year. Or maybe put on 15 this coming year. Sometimes it does sneak up on people.

That's all I have -for now. I hope you find at least Something that you can use. Good Luck with your story. Oh-I asked a nurse one time what the most she ever saw gained in a pregnancy was- 9 months -150 pounds. From 250 to 400.And my hairdresser who is slim and stacked gained 116 with her first-100 with her second- and 80 with her third. Now she looks like shit as a exercise junkie who only eats chicken and salad with no dressing. But I digress.
strataadvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
tankgirl
Phreakoid.

tankgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestankgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Good info. Lots of info too. Wow. I'll have to take some time to figure out how I can apply that to what I'm trying to write- after class.
I'm working on about a eight-week time scale, btw, strataadvance.
Thanks.

Anyone else?
Patience is a virtue. Don't panic. There are a great many fish in the sea. Bring your own condoms. Always remember where your towel is. Wear sunscreen. Use soap. Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Carpe diem. Carpe noctem.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #4
Rebel
Long Time Member

Rebel does more than just post hot picsRebel does more than just post hot picsRebel does more than just post hot picsRebel does more than just post hot pics

About a decade ago, I broke my pelvis. The pain meds I was taking made evrything taste like hot brown duct tape, so I didn't eat anything but chocolate Ensure for about the first month or so, and went from 200 to 180 pounds. At that point, I quit the pain meds and was absolutely astonished at how WONDERFUL everything tasted! That, combined with not being able to walk and having nothing to do, my weight begain to explode. The final straw for this particular camel was when my orthopedist put me on a round of steroids. I gained about 60 pounds in five months. Once I could walk freely again, I was enjoying 240 so much that I intentionally gained another 20 pounds in the next two months, and a year after my injury I weighed 280 pounds.

That was kind of an extreme way to get fat, but you didn't ask only for easy stories...
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
strataadvance

Default 8 Week Time Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl View Post
Good info. Lots of info too. Wow. I'll have to take some time to figure out how I can apply that to what I'm trying to write- after class.
I'm working on about a eight-week time scale, btw, strataadvance.
Thanks.

Anyone else?
Now we're getting somewhere! Will the gain be unintentional like from a break-up or say an extended vacation? Or a secret fattening? Or an erotic intentional gain story?

I just remembered another true story right from the person it happened to. I met a woman in the gym several years ago in her late 30's- 5'2" and about 120 with shapely legs and muscles in her back . Not like a body builder or a fitness competitior-not ripped-but she was toned for sure. I was shocked to learn that 3 years earlier she had weighed 197 pounds. She was married young and was a scrawny little 100 pound thing who had three kids quickly and still got right back down to being skinny again. But she also had all heavy women in her family. So as time went by she began to gain 10 pounds a year for sveral years in a row. She really didn't mind it seems-or she didn't care. She figured it was her destiny-her genetic plan-to be fat like the other women in her family.She smoked and drank and ate whatever she pleased and she never thought of working-out. Had never liked gym class or sports. When she had reached 175 pounds and was getting a nursing degree she decided it was time to let the cigarettes go. She gained over 20 pounds in 6 weeks time . So there's another fast gain for your research. Then she began her rigorous exercise program . She eventually got some "work done" up top and also got a tummy tuck for good measure.

Oddly enough- right in the midst of my own 30 pound gain from lack of the gym I ran into her at a ball game. She had gone back to school and she must have put 20 or more back on herself. So she had plump soft and shapely legs now. And her enhanced boobs were now huge! I keep hoping to run into her again since that was three years ago. The possibilities are most intriguing to say the least!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

From a couple of stuffing weekends, I can tell you that you can put on a pretty astonishing number of pounds per day....for very short periods. What you are doing is stuffing your whole digestive tract. In one three day weekend I put on about 10-12 pounds from beginning to end, but after a couple of days had lost all but a couple of pounds of it once back to normal lifestyle. That one or two pounds would have been fat, everything else was just working its way through my system (and or extra liquid, food has water, if you eat a LOT I wonder if some of the extra water gets absorbed into your system for a while?).

Basically, the two things I'd keep in mind are:
- you can't extrapolate short time frames to long time frames directly.
- On any fairly deliberate gain, or gain following serious dieting, if you are trying to extrapolate I'd subtract about five pounds from the gain (more for really extreme differences in eating habits) as 'GI-tract gain' before you extrapolate. So if someone went off a severe diet and starting pigging out and gained twenty pounds in two weeks, I'd maybe call them 14 pounds of fat (seven pounds a week) and six pounds of one time G-I tract gain that does not extrapolate.

Beyond that, bodies generally accept certain amounts of change easily, then fight the change beyond some point. Regaining weight after a diet may be an exception to that rule, but in general people who are trying to gain end up hitting plateaus where they keep eating as they were, but just don't gain, often for long stretches of time. Of course, in a story that doesn't have to happen.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
strataadvance

Default Plateaus

Amen to the Plateaus Tad! And you were very clear saying"In General" even intentional gainers will plateau. I think another factor along medical lines is fat cells. Specificly whether or not a person was overweight in the childhood and youth. If I look just at two Stuffer 31 models I can make a case. Michaela gained 100 pounds in 2 years -160 to 260. And she first started the site at 127 going to 150 before a hiatus. BUT she had been a chubby 165 pounds as a teen and I believe she had a good amount of fat cells in her body when she started gaining again.

Now on the flip side of the coin is their longest term model Sherly- she started as a young adult at around 5'1" and 90 pounds. And all these many years and calories later she is around 158. She is of course more of a Stuffer then a gainer. But she grew up to young adulthood quite slender.

My friend in my first example had quite a belly and hips and thighs and was clearly overweight as a teen and probably in childhood as well. When she put on the 27 pounds in less than two weeks she gained a lot of real fat too-her face was round all of the sudden. And another friend of mine noticed it -without being privy to what was going on.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #8
tankgirl
Phreakoid.

Okay, some more specifics then. I just changed my timeline a bit; ten weeks makes a bit more sense, per the story. Erotic/intentional, btw, if that doesn't become obvious by the end here....
A 27 yr old, 270 lb guy (who used to weigh 320 (at 25-26 yrs) but has "crap dieted" his way down to 250, met a girl, and gained 20 lbs back in a few months already), extremely sedentary lifestyle: no long walks, no exercise. Goes from eating four or five huge meals during the day, to eating constantly* for about 12 to 15 hours a day, taking breaks to go to the bathroom. Just sleeps in the chair. Doesn't even leave the house.
Had an injury just prior to week one. Required a small surgery- or procedure, if you'd prefer, in an outpatient clinic.
Eight weeks of this, plus two "outside" weeks of ramping up, getting used to the stuffing. This will do what, exactly?
* constantly being defined as the act of taking another bite before the last one is swallowed.

Another guy. 29 years old. About 250 lbs. Semi-active. Walks every day. Eats six or seven small meals, really small, during the day. On the other hand, gorges and stuffs himself at huge elaborate meals at least six times a week. Has been doing this for the last five years of his life, and went from 200 just out of college to 250 after five years.
Has, for the last ten weeks, been eating more during the day, and nearly passing out from stuffing himself every night.
How much would that ten-week gain be?

If you need more info, ask.

Last edited by tankgirl; 12-10-2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Oh, d'oh....
Old 12-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #9
strataadvance

Default My Guess

I think the first guy can't eat constantly for 12-15 hours.He would get a ruptured stomach. But he could graze for 10 or so. Let's just say he is eating as much as humanly possible every day.Like 10,000 calories a day-minimum 8000 if he's just not feeling good that day. Given his yo-yo history I think he could gain 150 to 200 pounds in 10 weeks.

Second guy I think 40 to 75.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:29 AM   #10
Sir Shrek

Sir Shrek has said some nice things

I put on 130 lbs in 12 months, and thought that was good going until i read a few post on here lol.
Sir Shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #11
tankgirl
Phreakoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strataadvance View Post
I think the first guy can't eat constantly for 12-15 hours.He would get a ruptured stomach. But he could graze for 10 or so. Let's just say he is eating as much as humanly possible every day.Like 10,000 calories a day-minimum 8000 if he's just not feeling good that day. Given his yo-yo history I think he could gain 150 to 200 pounds in 10 weeks.

Second guy I think 40 to 75.
Thanks. PERFECT, even. WONDERFUL, GLOWING, THANKS THANKS THANKS. And that "as much as possible" was even what I was getting at....
I seem to remember a post or two from another thread (somewhere) involving finicky people and defining "constantly" about three times and some other garboo, it went downhill really quick and I think the OP even got scared off.
So this is a wonderfully perfect, concise statement. I am so happy.
Those numbers are a bit over what I was guessing, but that makes it better, in my mind: realism is only so real, when you start getting into numbers like that. I can use my lower numbers, and save those for reference.

Next question: Regarding the first guy:
Eating like that, how long would it take for him to become immobile?
Don't forget the leg injury.
I'm guessing ten to eleven months? Or would that be less, you think?

((BTW: The Journal Part 2 should be done sometime this next week. It'll be available in the library.))

Last edited by tankgirl; 12-12-2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Oops, heh.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #12
tankgirl
Phreakoid.

Just thought of sommat else while I'm at it.
Someone said sommat somewhere about asking nurses and pregnancy gains from 160 to 400 (240, wahoo).
Okay, that kind of answered a question I didn't know I was asking, but raises another one, since I just realized that fits a different story I have going.
The question is: what is that in inches- 400 lbs on a pregnant lady?

Next, IS there some kind of quantifiable relation between pounds and inches- or should I just take my own experience and assume not?

(My experience: Politely stated, yes, I'm female, and I'm Amazonian in build. Unpolitely, I'm build like a defensive lineman. With the shoulders.
So, I weigh about 240. I've met people who weigh 240. Most of them wore 48s (mens sizes, btw)... I think that'd be a ladies' 28...? But still. I wear a mens' 38 (women's 18 or so).)
So I don't really think there is some pounds to inches magic formula..... but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #13
squurp

squurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Just thought of sommat else while I'm at it.
Someone said sommat somewhere about asking nurses and pregnancy gains from 160 to 400 (240, wahoo).
Okay, that kind of answered a question I didn't know I was asking, but raises another one, since I just realized that fits a different story I have going.
The question is: what is that in inches- 400 lbs on a pregnant lady?

Next, IS there some kind of quantifiable relation between pounds and inches- or should I just take my own experience and assume not?

(My experience: Politely stated, yes, I'm female, and I'm Amazonian in build. Unpolitely, I'm build like a defensive lineman. With the shoulders.
So, I weigh about 240. I've met people who weigh 240. Most of them wore 48s (mens sizes, btw)... I think that'd be a ladies' 28...? But still. I wear a mens' 38 (women's 18 or so).)
So I don't really think there is some pounds to inches magic formula..... but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Shame you only have one breast. . . .
squurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #14
Plainguy

Plainguy can now change their title

As I checking out the forums here I came across this thread and it brought back some memories of my ex-wife.. (not bad memories) Who was when we met, was somewhat on the smaller side but still a bbw (5'7 and 170 pounds)

She did struggle with her weight a bit, and since there were several members of her family near or over 400, and one sibling who topped 600 pounds she feared ending up the same, since genetics seemed against her.

When we married I knew she didn't like to cook and quite frankly wasn't a very good cook. . I did most of the cooking in our home, my work schedule was interesting, so I'd make most of her favorite things, and make sure the candy dishes were kept full, with her favorite treats, and as one can imagine it wasn't long before her weight began creeping up. . Over the next 14 months she went from 170 to 350 pounds. .

There's more to the story but I just wanted to toss in my two cents. .
Plainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:36 AM   #15
chestnu1

chestnu1 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainguy View Post
As I checking out the forums here I came across this thread and it brought back some memories of my ex-wife.. (not bad memories) Who was when we met, was somewhat on the smaller side but still a bbw (5'7 and 170 pounds)

She did struggle with her weight a bit, and since there were several members of her family near or over 400, and one sibling who topped 600 pounds she feared ending up the same, since genetics seemed against her.

When we married I knew she didn't like to cook and quite frankly wasn't a very good cook. . I did most of the cooking in our home, my work schedule was interesting, so I'd make most of her favorite things, and make sure the candy dishes were kept full, with her favorite treats, and as one can imagine it wasn't long before her weight began creeping up. . Over the next 14 months she went from 170 to 350 pounds. .

There's more to the story but I just wanted to toss in my two cents. .
can we have the rest of the story since you have peaked everyones curiosity.
chestnu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:53 AM   #16
Plainguy

Plainguy can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnu1 View Post
can we have the rest of the story since you have peaked everyones curiosity.
Well I suppose I should have, but I was just trying to keep with what tankgirl was looking for. . I suppose since this happened a couple of decades ago I'll share..

The rest of the story has a bizarre twist . . When we married, she moved a great distance from her family. . and while they knew she'd gained some weight, her gain began to accelerate as she ate more. She spoke on the phone with her family regularly, almost a year passed before the inner circle of her family saw the substantial changes in her. .

While they may have been large themselves it didn't go well during their visit, they were not kind to me and for the most part accused me of "ruining" their, sister, daughter etc. . . While I thought she was happy she sided with her family and my life became less than comfortable. . We ended up divorcing for a variety of reasons. . she moved away, and I thought that was that.

However, here comes the really bizarre twist. . A couple of years later a sales rep I used to deal with through the business I worked for gave me a call. . Seems he was in the town my "ex" moved back to (to be near family) and during a business call had dealings with a 500 pound office manager who's first name was the same as my "ex", and also had other identical "beauty marks".. Since I was involved with someone else I never seriously tried to follow up on his discovery, I did place some inquiries with the company he mentioned. All things pointed to his conclusion being true. Such is life they tell me. .
Plainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:43 AM   #17
tankgirl
Phreakoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squurp View Post
Shame you only have one breast. . . .
*cackle* No, though when I was young and afraid of having them grow too big, and into archery, I thought about it.
Now, I'm 26, and they're still small enough to stay out the way.... And I wish they were bigger. >.<
The boob fairy never came for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ctz5T7AHpc
Oh well.... I'm still an awesome archer. Though I'm backwards and use the "wrong hand" to draw, I've gotten three shaft shots in the last five years, and knock arrows out of the target with my nifty grouping technique.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:45 AM   #18
tankgirl
Phreakoid.

Nothin new yet....?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #19
squurp

squurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
*cackle* No, though when I was young and afraid of having them grow too big, and into archery, I thought about it.
Now, I'm 26, and they're still small enough to stay out the way.... And I wish they were bigger. >.<
The boob fairy never came for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ctz5T7AHpc
Oh well.... I'm still an awesome archer. Though I'm backwards and use the "wrong hand" to draw, I've gotten three shaft shots in the last five years, and knock arrows out of the target with my nifty grouping technique.

No amazon build then?
squurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #20
KayaNee
3-D Booty

KayaNee does more than just post hot picsKayaNee does more than just post hot picsKayaNee does more than just post hot pics
Default Don't know if this helps..

I gained 40 pounds in two and a half months as a result of a medication.
KayaNee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #21
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I can gain up to 3 kilos during a really large meal. Not sure how common it is or how correct the scale is but after a serious binge thats how much I've picked up.