Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 12-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics
Default rainbow cake

http://web.mail.com/29644-212/mmc-2/...As=rainbow.jpg

My son (active duty US Navy) made this cake for my daughter's 21 st birthday - she is a lesbian, so he was showing his love and acceptance to his sister. This cake involved baking each layer separately, freezing the layers and spreading on the lemon flavored butter cream. It took a quart of egg whites, among other ingredients.

It was a big hit at Thanksgiving dinner.

I have also posted this on the foodee board, where I usually hang out.

My daughter lives on an all GBTQA floor of a dorm at UMass Amherst. You have to love Massachusetts. They are so accommodating.

Last edited by jcas50; 12-15-2009 at 07:25 PM.
jcas50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:03 AM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Awww, what a fantastic brother! (sadly I couldn't see the attachment, I think it is maybe in your web mail? If you save it to your computer you should be able to then attach it here, provided it is under 100kb.).

Also cool about the dorm floor, must make a lot of people feel more secure!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #3
tankgirl
Phreakoid.

tankgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestankgirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Awww, what a fantastic brother! (sadly I couldn't see the attachment, I think it is maybe in your web mail? If you save it to your computer you should be able to then attach it here, provided it is under 100kb.).

Also cool about the dorm floor, must make a lot of people feel more secure!
Second to all motions:
Awesome brother and family, couldn't see the pic, and dang lucky about the school dorm.
Patience is a virtue. Don't panic. There are a great many fish in the sea. Bring your own condoms. Always remember where your towel is. Wear sunscreen. Use soap. Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Carpe diem. Carpe noctem.
And if required, carpe jugulum.
tankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

awww..yeah i NEED to see this cake!!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #5
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics
Default rainbow cake

Here it is. Isn't it a stunner?
Old 12-16-2009, 05:49 PM   #6
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcas50 View Post

Here it is. Isn't it a stunner?
All i can see is an x in a box!! Are you teasing us with queer cake jcas50!!!!
Old 12-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #7
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
All i can see is an x in a box!! Are you teasing us with queer cake jcas50!!!!
Haha. "Cake tease."

Old 12-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I can't see the picture either but I made a rainbow cake on time and I just used food coloring to color each layer and poured them on top of each other.. because the batter was thick there was very little mixing of colors. I wish I had the pictures still but my computer crashed a few months ago and I lost everything. I should make it again sometime though.. it was delicious!
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #9
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Here's the cake. He had sent me the pic, so I'm happy to share it.

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #10
mergirl

God Bless Gay Cake!
Old 12-19-2009, 05:05 AM   #11
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

GASP!

I LOVE it! That is awesome I am so going to have to make some gay cake soon.
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #12
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love the idea of gay cake! Talk about tasting the rainbow!
Old 12-19-2009, 10:23 AM   #13
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh wow, that IS a great cake!
Old 12-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #14
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dude, that is admittely, way better than the one I made. I want to try that!
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #15
swordchick
Deeeeeeeeeeeeez Nuts!

swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

AMEN, sister!

That cake looks great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
God Bless Gay Cake!

Rest in peace, Cinda
and all the others that have passed.
We will miss you sweet angels.

swordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:35 PM   #16
Geektastic1

Geektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot pics

Such a beautiful gay cake, indeed.
Geektastic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #17
jcas50
Liberal Scum

Randi - thanks for coming to my rescue. I have to say - my son was so focused when he made the cake - he loves to bake - and he made the layers really thin in seperate pans and froze them, so the lemon butter cream frosting would be easy to spread. It took him two days between all the steps. It made a lesbian cousin practicly weep with joy when she saw the cake. For her it was the most visual (and tasty) sign of acceptance that she could imagine.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #18
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Does this rainbow cake taste a little...queer?

It looks delicious.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:30 PM   #19
jcas50
Liberal Scum

The flavor did not vary from layer to layer. It was the same basic white cake with food color. The frosting was liberally laced with lemon extract and zest, so it had an overall sweet lemon flavor. It was a great cake.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #20
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That cake is pure awesome