Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
docilej

docilej can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Is anybody in an "FLR" ?

FLR= 'female led relationship'

I'm wondering everbody's opinion on this. Here's a couple of web-sites to check out:

http://www.she-makes-the-rules.com/
http://www.aroundherfinger.com/women.html
http://www.freewebs.com/ladymisato/introduction.html
http://femaleauthority.blogspot.com/...7be5543986eb74

I am curious if anyone else has heard of this. Is anyone in this type of relationship? I'm curious to hear your thoughts, experiences, opinions, and advice.
docilej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
viracocha
Hot like sauce

viracocha does more than just post hot picsviracocha does more than just post hot pics
Default Been there, done that

I was in this type of relationship for the last 4 years. It wasn't a conscious choice made by my partner or me. It just happened that way. Turned out I was much more confident and comfortable living on my own than he was. I took care of business so that he didn't panic (wasn't a medical condition).

In my experience, this imbalance of power and status in a relationship can definitively mask real issues. I know that both people can be satisfied in this position, but it really is contingent upon the personalities of the people involved. I'm not controlling, and am hesitant to assume leadership normally. He was unaccustomed to having responsibilities. I ended up having to direct so much of my energy away from my own responsibilities, like work, school, family, and friends, to take of him. This kind of relationship leads easily to bitterness and regret.

So I guess I'm just trying to say that both parties should enter into this type of arrangement with full disclosure. If she is going to lead and be in charge, then he should be supportive of that. But there should be boundaries for what decisions can be made unilaterally. I would advise that for any relationship.

I've still not figured out the line between being proactive in a relationship and doing nice things for a partner and when they become dependent or unwilling to work for themselves. <-- probably not what the op was trying to talk about...
viracocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:17 PM   #3
Captain Save
never had a 40

Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

When two people are truly firm in their committment to one another and put the other's happiness first, it's only a matter of what they feel comfortable with. If you really just don't have any strong feelings about a majority of the issues you face as a couple, you just might be quite receptive to your partner's leadership on those issues. There are also issues that might be agreed to be the territory of one or the other. For instance, how many guys have strong feelings about home decor? I never did; no judgement intended on any gentlemen who disagree. I might find a woman's leadership in this issue to be welcome, and no one is suprised. Finances are a little more touchy; fewer breadwinners are willing to let their partner put them on an allowance without good reason, especially when the partner in question doesn't contribute any bread. Housework is another issue; it might be considered unfair to simply assume it's the woman's domain, especially if she's the primary breadwinner. I think a lady might be a little incensed if the home she worked hard to support looked like the home of Fred G. Sanford and she got complaints about it from her SO who lived there and did nothing.

I think society has opened up enough to eliminate the public scandal or shock that might have taken place decades ago. Of course, that doesn't take the place of meaningful communication; if problems arise and no action is taken to resolve them, the relationship is doomed, FLR or not.

Last edited by Captain Save : 12-27-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Captain Save is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by docilej View Post

I'm wondering everbody's opinion on this. Here's a couple of web-sites to check out:

http://www.she-makes-the-rules.com/
http://www.aroundherfinger.com/women.html
http://www.freewebs.com/ladymisato/introduction.html
http://femaleauthority.blogspot.com/...7be5543986eb74

I am curious if anyone else has heard of this. Is anyone in this type of relationship? I'm curious to hear your thoughts, experiences, opinions, and advice.
Seems to me like you are talking about a D/s type of relationship. Nothing wrong with that at all. If you aren't talking about that, then there's still nothing wrong with it. If the guy wants to be submissive and the woman wants to be dominant then they've got a dynamic that works for them.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #5
gnoom
cencored by wife

gnoom does more than just post hot picsgnoom does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by docilej View Post

I'm curious to hear your ... experiences ...
Since i got a daughter all my relationships were led by a female...

Ok, now seriously: My first wife and I had a relationship like that and we loved it. But then again, when dawn hits you in your face after you stayed the whole night at the kid's ER, the diaper-bucket in your bathroom is getting fuller and fuller and you both have to work two different weekends each month to pay the bills - then your bedroom will smell as much as vanilla like everybody else's.