Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 11-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
tpamour

tpamour has said some nice things
Default Is 10 lbs noticeable?

I'm sorry if this question is too vague though i have very little experience with weight gain and am wondering if you could help answer my question.
Basically sometimes i have urges to gain weight, not too much but around 10-15 lbs though currently I can't due to me being a competitive runner.
I'm around 5'4 and weigh about 126-130. I have a very small belly and lovehandles which are definately noticeable when i where tight shirts. If i was to gain 10 pounds and be around 136-140 would it be apparent to me? Could i visibly see a difference, would my normal fitting pants feel tighter? I would upload a picture if a had a digital camera and a faster computer.
thanks
tpamour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You will notice it for sure. Someone who knows you really well will be able to tell. People who know you less well may sort of notice, but it should not jump out really obviously....unless you go around wearing clearly too-tight clothes or other things to draw attention.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
leener38

leener38 has said some nice things

Sometimes it depends on your body shape, etc. Of course, I weigh 150 lbs more than you, so 10 lbs wouldn't be noticeable. (Ha! I'm supposed to weigh somewhere in your neighborhood! Silly scales.) Jeez. I am so fat! LOL
leener38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
spaced21

spaced21 has said some nice things

I would say for girls your height and weight it would be fairly noticeable especially in tight clothes. my wife is about your size she has gained about 10 lbs recently and it was noticeable especially in the belly. she has been unbuttoning her pants even after regular meals. i dont think anyone would say much to you, but i think they'd notice, esp if you are a runner.
spaced21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

I agree that 10lbs on you will be fairly noticeable.

You are a runner, so you are likely to look like you weigh much less than you actually do, especially if you are a sprinter. I am 5'5", just under 100lbs without that much muscle so you probably look close to my size. I also have a very small belly and lovehandles, and tend to gain weight in my tummy and arms. A 10lbs gain is very, very obvious on me. In fact, the people around me make comments even if I am just having pre-menstrual bloat, water retention or when my stomach sticks out after a huge meal.

If you don't want it to be too obvious, you can always opt to put on muscle instead. When I used to sprint a looong time ago, my coach constantly nagged me to lose the baby fat and tone up more. I hope yours won't have an issue with the gain.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #6
tpamour

tpamour has said some nice things

I would definately want the gain to be fat. I don't have a coach so that wouldn't be a problem, it's just that some of the goals i have timewise would be extremely hard to achieve with an extra ten pounds of fat. I'm a long distance runner and am in a position where it wouldn't hurt to lose some weight.
Though by the middle of the summer when I'm done with all the races I'm interested in running, I'd definately consider experimenting with weight gain. Probably to around 135-140 like I mentioned before. But I also have urges to gain to around 150 which would by bmi standards put me at slightly overweight and a very noticeably chubby belly. though due to me really liking strenuous physical activity and not yet comfortable enough to deal with criticisms from others I don't think I would be able to do that.
But if i was to slow down my physical activity I don't think it would be too difficult for me to gain a little weight. I try to eat healthy mostly though I have a very strong sweet tooth and have lots of strong urges to binge on junkfood. For example today I let loose and have had hot chocolate, a package of starburst, a 20ounce mountain dew, small container of pizza pringles, a medium slice of pumkin pie, 2 very large sugar cookies and am currently eating a bowl of chocolate ice cream along side three regular meals. It's only on rare occasions when i eat like this but I love the the full satisfied feeling in my belly when I do.
tpamour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpamour View Post
I'm sorry if this question is too vague though i have very little experience with weight gain and am wondering if you could help answer my question.
Basically sometimes i have urges to gain weight, not too much but around 10-15 lbs though currently I can't due to me being a competitive runner.
I'm around 5'4 and weigh about 126-130. I have a very small belly and lovehandles which are definately noticeable when i where tight shirts. If i was to gain 10 pounds and be around 136-140 would it be apparent to me? Could i visibly see a difference, would my normal fitting pants feel tighter? I would upload a picture if a had a digital camera and a faster computer.
thanks
tpamour -

In the spectrum of human body types, we're quite a way apart. I'm male, 5'9", about 180 - 185. At age 72, I'm quite muscular, especially in my legs. I have a middle somewhat like my icon, but not quite so pronounced. If I were to keep my belt buckled at the same notch, and if my weight ran between 180 and 190, either my pants would fall off, or the belt pressure would give me sciatica. I often ask myself why I don't just get suspenders, but I know the answer: Mrs Ho Ho wouldn't be caught dead in public with me.

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:43 AM   #8
Matt L.

Matt L. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMatt L. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

A charming young lady that I know put on twenty pounds over the course of one summer. The first few pounds were made obvious by how her face filled out and she received a small but cute second chin.
Matt L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:38 PM   #9
wolfpersona

wolfpersona can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswolfpersona can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

When i first started gaining weight one noticed till i gained like 20 30 lbs. Although i don't have much of a double chin.
wolfpersona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
jennam

jennam can now change their title

Well..here's my experience. I just went from 156 to 162 over 3 weeks. I'm 5'3". It all went to my belly. With the right clothes I can hide it...sort of. But, at this weight..its definitely noticeable. I can feel it and I'm aware of it constantly. It makes me want to gain more! I want to gain another 7 to 10 before the year is up. I fully expect it'll be noticeable.

Gosh...I used to be one of the light-weights on this site! But, now, here I am---fat and sharing my fattening experiences! (Rubbing my big belly with a blush and a grin).
jennam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #11
voluptuouslover

voluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot pics

Based on how you described your lovehandles and belly being slight but noticeable in tight clothing, I would say most definitely that amount of weight gain would be noticeable on you like most everyone else that has responded said.

Why I say that is when I was dating my wife and she is similar height to you, she is 5' 3" and use to weigh 130 Lbs. she was not a runner but an avid workout queen, (cardio and light weights), her thighs were muscular with a soft layer around her upper inner thighs she had wider hips with very slight love handles and a little lower belly bulge (total workout shape). Myself loving fuller figured women encouraged her to eat which she did not have problems with, still she didnt gain any weight. After a while I planned great dinner dates to cut into her workout regimen and after several months I noticed a significant gain, she could not fit into several of her tight jeans comfortable and the most noticeable bigger body parts on her were her thigh's, lovehandles, upper arms and her now big lower belly bulge. I obviously wanted much more of this weight but she considered herself "Huge" When she weighed herself it was only a seven Lb. gain

So obviously all bodies and figures are differant but to the discerning eye and to the touch a seven Lb. gain on her figure was extremely noticeable to her as well as me. With that said when she was dressed up and wearing slightly looser jeans and a looser fitting shirt I dont think anyone else could tell she had gained weight at all.

Although when she added another 10 Lbs. on top of that even though she has one of those faces where she does not get a double chin or look fatter in the face, everyone noticed her gain, a couple of her close friends thought she may have been pregnant. So I guess the 17 Lb gain was way noticeable to everyone she knew because even though her clothes were looser at this weight her belly bulge could not be hidden as well as her behind and her upper arms.

When you decide to gain and gain even more, remember only at the begining when it is a shock to everyone you know that you are bigger is when it will be awkward but once they get used to it is not even a big deal anymore.
voluptuouslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #12
emshels

emshels can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpamour View Post
I'm around 5'4 and weigh about 126-130
i was also 126 pounds 5'3. ive recently moved back home from living in the city and working in a well known clothes store where the pressure is to look good.
fashion is also a massive part of my life so i want to look that way.
im 23 but i struggled with my weight all through my childhood, i was on the rather podgy side of things but i started to slim down at 15.
i started to not eat due to going out drinking then i became too skinny and went back to being a happy size 8/10 uk size. ive been 8/10 for the last few years and been back home and over the lead up to christmas going for lots of catch up dinners with friends i went from 126 to 134.
i weighted myself this morning and 141.
just from the odd day having 3 dinner dates has left me filling upon the other days i havent
i too also have urges to put on weight but i know for my job im going to have to lose this extra weight ive gained. before doing so id like to put on a little bit extra just to feel what its like. Get to 150-155
but ive already had a few friends notice. most my clothes being pin up style 3/4 skirts tight fitting dresses my size 10 shorts im bursting out of. im reduced to wearing 2 outfits and even my size 12 clothes which were big on me are tight.
im just wondering if anyones been from these sizes wondering if i did add that extra would it be too big for me, and would another 10lbs at this size be noticable as im already a bit chubbier
also this will be an extra 10-15 pounds on top of what ive already gained which i need to shift quite quickly
please help
emshels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #13
luv_lovehandles

luv_lovehandles can now change their title

for me yes 10pds is noticible because i have a small body frame even 5pds is noticiable..
luv_lovehandles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #14
Scorsese86
Likeable conservative

Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Clothes will always notice. Sometimes 10lbs gain won't make anything on a t-shirt or a pair of jeans, other times it will.