Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 02-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #126
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!

bolded for truth. it upsets me when those we love choose to only hear the criticism instead of the love behind such harsh words

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
I have benefited very much from people who love me being appropriately and lovingly confrontational toward me at times when I am acting like a jackass, displaying a major character flaw, or doing something dumb or harmful (to myself or another).

When they do that, that's a way of truly being supportive, and not just being a yes-man or yes-woman and naively thinking everything I do is awesome.

(I figure you meant this? But wanted to clarify because sometimes when people say they want a partner who supports them unconditionally, they don't leave room for debate, correction, and the ability to grow by seeing things from the other person's perspective. Not that we want someone who is constantly critical, but we do want someone who will tell us the truth about ourselves, right?)
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #127
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
Oh yeah, I absolutely agree. Something just struck me in the language of someone who loves us being only supportive and our enemies being the ones who are unsupportive, and just wanted to clarify what we meant by those terms.
yeah the way i wrote that wasn't very clear. sure, there is such a thing as constructive criticism. you're right that is very supportive. our enemies are unsupportive in the way that they try to tear us down instead of build us up. they try to keep us from what we truly want instead of helping us or at least not standing in the way of our getting there. they try to shake our self esteem or the belief when have in ourselves that we can achieve what we like. there are so many people who cloak their own motives in the guise of the truth and supportiveness. we just need to be sure that we know whether it really is the truth or just another sly way for someone to steer us away from what it is that we want. there is a lot of benign destruction out there cloaked in a lot of pseudo innocent sabotage.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote