Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Fuzzy's Doritos

I eat enough of these things, and then report to you foodies.. I should've started its own thread (and maybe i did already...) Anyway.. there is the latest entry:

OMG! Doritos added a buffalo flavor years ago, but it just wasn't quite there, and I always thought it needed more buffalo. Well, my ship has arrived. Billed as the 2nd Degree Burn (Jalopeno gets 1st, and Habanero get 3rd), I knew immediately that I needed to give this one a try. Armed with a Diet Dew, and my morning commute, I settled into a "Big Bag".

Buffalo Wing Sauce times 10. Not for the uninitiated. I was reminded of the vinegar tang from Lay's Salt and Vinegar chips. A powerful punch, too. Soon, with half the bag gone, my tongue was tingly, and my nose was running. (And my diet dew half gone) I wondered if I should've saved this bag of chips to have with an In-n-Out Chaser.

Worth a try for your Doritos Die-Hards.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

But I want the sour cream/enchilada mixed bags - and I can't find them anywhere anymore!!!!

But, I'm glad you found a good one!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:57 AM   #3
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My husband had the 3rd degree and he liked them a lot. I'm a wuss for spicey so i didn't dare try them!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
My husband had the 3rd degree and he liked them a lot. I'm a wuss for spicey so i didn't dare try them!
I'm still looking for the 1st and 3rd degree..
Old 03-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #5
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Speaking of looking.. I found this bag today...

Cheesy Enchilada and Sour Cream, from the Collisions collection. I'm curious about your techniques.. do you eat both flavors at the same time (open wide, stuff in chips, close mouth..) or do you alternate between the two? (I alternate, btw)

The sour cream chips appear to be plain.. unflavored.. its one of those hidden tastes that jumps out and says.. Here I am.. similar to the Doritos Quest, that turned out to be somewhere between lemon creme and mojito.

The cheesy enchilada remind me another cheese Frito-Lay brand snack, but I can't quite put my brain around it. (My 99c Big Bag had more sour cream chips than cheesy enchilada )

A good pick.. certainly within my top twenty Doritos flavors.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:47 PM   #6
Ash
Smash

Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
But I want the sour cream/enchilada mixed bags - and I can't find them anywhere anymore!!!!

But, I'm glad you found a good one!
H & J just brought home a bag of these last week and soup and I killed it last night. Must investigate the origins further...
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:01 PM   #7
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

DitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I can't find them anywhere either and it's maddening because I never got to try them. Someone mentioned them in the Doritos thread a while back and I've been checking every store I step foot in ever since to no avail. I hope they're not a limited time thing and that I will eventually find them.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #8
DreamyInToronto
ME WANT COOKIES!!!!

DreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized rep

Do they sell this flavour in Canada?
Old 03-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #9
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Our local 7-11 had all three burns in individual size bags. We make runs there often for double gulps so hubby gets them a lot.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #10
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
H & J just brought home a bag of these last week and soup and I killed it last night. Must investigate the origins further...

BLASTED!!!!

I have a lead on some to satisfy my craving, but having a solid source would be the BEST!

Old 03-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #11
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamyInToronto View Post
Do they sell this flavour in Canada?
According to the official Frito-Lay of Canada website, the closest flavour would be Doritos® Collisions™ Habanero & Guacamole.

Frito-Lay has always had the more interesting flavours, only for Canada, like Scream Cheese Dortios, Ruffles Au Gratin, Lay's Smoky Bacon, and Lay's Ketchup potato crisps.

Last edited by Fuzzy; 03-25-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #12
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
Our local 7-11 had all three burns in individual size bags. We make runs there often for double gulps so hubby gets them a lot.
Don't y'all have 7-11's on every corner?
Old 03-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #13
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

lol i think my town of 90k has three 7-11s
Old 03-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #14
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

I was at Safeway today and found a bag of the sour cream and enchilada doritos. i haven't tried them yet. I figured i have to try them! (but now thinking i shoulda checked ingredients to see if there's animal fat in them.. hope not!) We're having guests tonight and i thought i'd break them out during the movie.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #15
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

They've got a bunch of different cheeses in them Megan, not sure if you're vegan? I can never quite get clear if those count, but assuming it would to strict vegan.

Anyway, I got a present today, and I may or may not have just eaten almost an entire bag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (68.6 KB, 579 views)
Old 03-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #16
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Jackpot!
Old 03-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #17
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Make that an entire bag.

*hic*
Old 03-30-2010, 12:32 PM   #18
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

that's a nice gift! I am not vegan yet AM btw. I am easing back into veganism. I just get wary of new flavors after having gotten a bag of Verde Doritos with chicken fat in them. I am glad i thought to read the ingredients of the verdes before eating them.
The enchilada ones are vegetarian, happil, we still have a handful left. They're too spicy for the boys so it means i don't have to share! (hubby eats them but he likes original nacho or super spicy ones )
Old 03-31-2010, 02:40 AM   #19
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

dear doritos,

i love you tons, please to be eating all of your flavors.

love,
soupy
Old 04-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #20
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

I was going to do a post about 3rd degree burn, but I couldn't find it.. just more bags of 2nd degree burn "Fiery Buffalo"..
Old 04-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #21
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Default Spicy Nacho

When I see these bags in the store, I've always been reaching past, I never buy them. I've been thinking, "Oh.. another Nacho Cheese flavor.. probably with just more nacho cheese powder.."

So after another failed attempt to find 3rd Degree Burn, I decided it was time to try Spicy Nacho.

Yes, each chip appears to have just more nacho cheese powder. I'm hoping as I get from chip #1 to chip #10, I will encounter what is meant by.. Spicy.

And I was correct.. this is turning out to be a mis-marked bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos. Sure, if you're a big fan of Original Nacho Cheese, these won't let you down.. you might even get a buzz from it. I won't.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #22
TearInYourHand
Mistress Member

TearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions community

So, being a fan of Flamin' Hot Cheetos (they are awesome!), I picked up some 2nd Degree Doritos today. I was a little disappointed!

They were a bit too vinegary for my tastes. I mean, I love spicy foods, but the vinegar was overkill. I'd like to try the 3rd Degree, maybe they're more heat and less tang....but my store didn't have them!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:03 AM   #23
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearInYourHand View Post
So, being a fan of Flamin' Hot Cheetos (they are awesome!), I picked up some 2nd Degree Doritos today. I was a little disappointed!

They were a bit too vinegary for my tastes. I mean, I love spicy foods, but the vinegar was overkill. I'd like to try the 3rd Degree, maybe they're more heat and less tang....but my store didn't have them!
The over-the-top vinegary tang Fiery Buffalo, you mean. Thanks for your input. If anyone needs a chip with pucker power, 2nd Degree is it. I'm also a major fan of the Flamin' Hot Fire Powder that Frito-Lay puts on their Cheetos Crunchy. I'm glad that they finally decided to put it on their Cheetos Puffs as well. I wonder what keeping them from a Flamin' Hot Doritos* too.

*There's the mixed bag of goodies, Crunchers?, that has a Flamin' hot version of the pretzels, cheetos, and Doritos-like chips.. but I find that hard to find too.

ETA: Have you found a way to eat Flamin' Hot without staining the tips of your fingers red?

Last edited by Fuzzy; 04-10-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #24
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Default 1st Degree Burn

Blazin' Jalapeno.. Almost a clone of Salsa Verde.. without that zesty lip-smacking tang. It has a strong jalapeno flavor, almost black peppery, although I didn't need to stop halfway thru lke I did with Fiery Buffalo. A Tasty chip.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #25
mejix
meh

mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i had the 2nd degree burn doritos last night as i was making my way back home. for some reason they didn't have these in the stand near the entrance, they had them at the back of the store. i liked them, specially the kind of vinegar tang. i would like them to be even spicier, so now i am looking for the 3rd degree burn. i hope it is not one of those urban myths. i am still waiting for the return of the lime fritos. anyway, like i've said before, we live in the golden age of chips.
mejix is offline   Reply With Quote