Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 02-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
Clyde

Clyde can now change their title
Default Any way for a guy to gain weight in other parts of his body in addition to his belly?

My wife has been plumping me for the last year or so (March 25th will be a year). I went from around 152 and now I am around 181. However, she is saying that she wants me to gain more weight in my butt. As of now, I have gained it all in my belly/love handles. Is there any way to gain more in the butt area, or does it depend on the person? She is going to get me up over 200 and beyond so at a certain point will I gain it in other areas?
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

We really need a sticky thread about this. Right now I'm think the determining factor for weight placement is probably going to be hormones. Sure it also has a lot to do with your genetics and no, there is no magic weight above which your distribution would change, there is no magic food that will cause you to gain weight in certain areas, and I've seen no compelling evidence there are physical processes (except maybe liposertion) that work either; but if you just want to put some weight below your belt-line I think the easiest thing to do would be to up your estrogen levels. Either that or just keep gaining and hope.
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #3
Buffetbelly
Nosh, destroyer of snacks

Buffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 club

One thing that is for certain is that first gains tend to be in the belly (or sometimes breasts for women) and then later gains move elsewhere. So the answer is to just keep on keeping on!
Buffetbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:52 PM   #4
Clyde

Clyde can now change their title

It is probably easier to just keep gaining rather than the estrogen thing. If so, would I need to get a lot bigger to see the effects in my butt? Regarding estrogen, where would I get that?
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:27 AM   #5
Seraphina
pudding

Seraphina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSeraphina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSeraphina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I really wouldn't start taking estrogen unless you want to grow breasts and kill your libido and possibly make yourself incapable of getting an erection. Estrogen is the hormone that has a feminising effect, so if you take it essentially you will start to take on some of the characteristics of a woman. I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone except someone who wants to have a sex change. Plus it would still not definitely make you gain weight in the butt, I've know a couple of men who had a sex change and they were still really thin in the hips and breasts but with big bellies.

If you want a bigger butt then I recommend exercising your glutes and then letting the muscle turn into fat. That's the safer way of getting a big butt.
Seraphina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #6
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

Yeah, the estrogen suggestion was mostly rhetorical. You'd probably get your hands on some from birth control pills (do they still use that in those?) or lying to your doctor about wanting to let your inner woman out. In theory annabolic steroids could have a similar effect, but are far riskier and less predictable. I'm not suggesting you break the law and/or expose yourself to that kind of harm, but I guess it depends on how dissatisfied with your body right now.
While we're on the subject, anecdotal evidence aside, muscle doesn't exactly,"turn into" fat. As I understand it the muscle atrophies and leaves space that the fat may or may not "choose" to occupy.
I'm not sure how much of a change you're looking to see, but to be safe I'm going to say, "yes, you'd probably need to gain as much again to get the results your looking for". Whatever you ultimately decide to do, good luck.

Last edited by Totmacher; 03-02-2010 at 06:35 AM.
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #7
Seraphina
pudding

Seraphina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSeraphina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSeraphina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

If you were to use hormones then a high dose birth control pill (the newer ones contain so little estrogen) or the hormone patches. You'd also have to be very careful of DVT. In the UK if you have a BMI of over 25 you get monitored very closely for DVT and a BMI of over 30 means you get switched to the "Mini Pill" which has no Estrogen in it, this is because the risk of DVT, Stroke and Pulmonary Embolism is really high if you are overweight/obese. That is the major reason for not thinking it's a good idea to use it to try and alter body shape.
Seraphina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #8
Buffetbelly
Nosh, destroyer of snacks

Buffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 club
Default Go phyto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
It is probably easier to just keep gaining rather than the estrogen thing. If so, would I need to get a lot bigger to see the effects in my butt? Regarding estrogen, where would I get that?
Soy has phytoestrogens (estrogen like nutrients from plants). These don't have the cardiovascular risks of actual estrogen, and may reduce the risk of heart disease in fact. Eat lots of tofu and switch from milk to full-fat soy milk. Or take phytoestrogen supplements:

From the web:
Phytoestrogens are plant compounds that have effects similar to those of estrogen, the major female sex hormone, in the body. They can be divided into two main groups: isoflavones, which are found in soybeans, red clover, kudzu root, among others; and lignans, substances that are found in flaxseed, whole grains, and some fruits and vegetables. Soy is a unique dietary source of the much-studied isoflavones called genistein and daidzein.

Phytoestrogens are thought to compete with natural estrogens for estrogen receptors on cells. By binding to the receptors, phytoestrogens prevent estrogen from stimulating certain tissues and theoretically lower the risk of developing cancers that are spurred by estrogen. Isoflavones are much more potent than lignans when it comes to interacting with estrogen receptors in the body.

Although they compete for the same binding sites on cells, phytoestrogens do not act exactly the same way natural estrogens do. Chemically, for example, isoflavones are only about one-thousandth as potent as natural estrogens. But in some of the body's tissues, phytoestrogens mimic the action of estrogen and may alleviate the symptoms of menopause in older women; in other tissues, they block the action of estrogen and thereby lower the risk of developing some kinds of cancer, especially of the breast.

Phytoestrogen-rich soy supplements and isoflavone supplements in pill form are promoted as alternatives for estrogen replacement therapy (ERT) in menopausal women.

Population studies have found a link between soy-rich diets and a low risk of breast and endometrial cancer in women and prostate cancer in men. The research that has attracted the most attention has compared Asian women to American women and found that Asian women who eat traditional diets that contain a lot of soy have a much lower risk of breast cancer and rarely experience hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms. These protective effects are attributed to the phytoestrogens found in soy. Several controlled studies have found that giving either soy-supplemented diets or isoflavone supplements extracted from red clover results in a decrease in the frequency of hot flashes experienced by menopausal women.

Laboratory and animal studies show that phytoestrogens can inhibit tumor growth. Studies with cultured human breast cancer cells, leukemia cells, and prostate cancer cells have demonstrated the ability of phytoestrogens to slow tumor growth.

Research has also shown that phytoestrogens can inhibit the oxidation of the harmful LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol, a step believed to trigger the formation of fatty plaque in arteries. Soy experts believe that phytoestrogens are partly responsible for the cholesterol-lowering effects seen with soy protein. Research has also found that isoflavone supplements extracted from red clover increased the ability of arteries to stretch and allow blood to flow freely-a function called arterial compliance-in postmenopausal women.

There is also some research to suggest that phytoestrogens may help prevent osteoporosis. For example, population studies indicate that phytoestrogens may protect against bone loss in older women, including those whose diets provide less than the recommended amounts of calcium. Asian women, for instance, consume very little milk and milk products; they also tend to be thin and small-boned-factors that theoretically would increase their risk of osteoporosis. Yet their incidence of this disease is somewhat less than that of American women, even though Americans generally consume more calcium than Asians. The soy-rich Asian diet is credited with the reduced risk of osteoporosis.

Phytoestrogens are found naturally in soy, legumes, flaxseed, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and red clover. Soy protein and whole soy foods like tofu, roasted soybeans, and soy milk are especially good sources.

Isoflavone supplements extracted from either soy or red clover are available in pill and capsule forms. A number of phytoestrogen supplements sold in health food stores contain a mixture of isoflavones and extracts of wild yam, dong quai, and kudzu root-herbal sources of phytoestrogens-along with various vitamins and minerals. Soy protein is available in powdered form, which can be mixed with milk or juice.

The recommended intakes of isoflavones vary considerably, but many experts point to the average Asian intake of about 25 to 50 mg a day as a safe and possibly effective dose. However, some high-potency phytoestrogen supplements provide higher doses of isoflavones of 500 mg or more.
http://www.herbs2000.com/h_menu/phytoestrogens.htm
Buffetbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #9
em1

em1 has said some nice things

Aside from hormones, I really do think that it's the belly that starts to swell first, but if you're fat for a while, it gets better distributed. I've been watching gainer vids, and the belly goes, but there are no moobs, etc. I think with longer-term BHMs there's more all around.

Though my bf's ass is so tiny for his size! I sympathize! I wish it could be big and round.
em1 is offline   Reply With Quote