Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 03-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Good News/Bad News Department

http://www.towleroad.com/2010/03/pro...-with-les.html

Progressive Catholic Groups Take Out Full-Page Ad Opposing School's Expulsion of Two Children with Lesbian Parents

Dignityad

Gay Catholic group Dignity USA, in alliance with Catholic group Call to Action and gay Catholic groups New Ways Ministry and Fortunate Families took out a full-page ad in Sunday's Denver Post and Boulder Daily Camera opposing the recent decision by The Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic School to expel two children because they have lesbian parents.
Sacredheart The ad reads, "Itís hurtful to see the Catholic Church rejecting gay people. But rejecting children because their parents are gay? That hurt can last a lifetime."

Adding, "As Catholics, it is deeply hurtful to see the Archdiocese of Denver forcibly remove children from their educational programs to send a message of rejection and exclusion to those childrenís parents. Lesbian and gay people are part of our families and part of the church. To see their children hurt in this way fills our hearts with grief, and it tears at the very fabric of the community."

Said DignityUSA Executive Director Marianne Duddy-Burke: "The Archdiocese of Denver has the legal right to expel these young children, but that doesnít mean that itís the right thing to do. We grieve at seeing these children hurt in this way, and we hope that the Archdiocese will listen to the voices of those who express their concerns about how these children are being treated.Ē

Denver Archbishop Charles Chaput defended the school's decision last week.

1827 ► RetweetPosted 12:05 AM EST by Andy Towle in Catholic Church, Colorado, Denver, Discrimination, Education, News | Permalink

For the Vatican to have any worse record on Human Rights they'd need to still be pro-slavery. Yet most American Catholics describe themselves as liberal. Go figure.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:31 AM   #2
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think more and more Catholics are becoming Catholics by name alone. It just gets too hard dealing with all the ignorant, hateful things that come out of the Church at times. I no longer attend Mass - I miss it badly, miss the community, but most organised religion is kinda nuts so I'm steering clear till I find a place to worship in a way that sits easy with my soul. I can't even imagine what those poor children are thinking
Old 03-26-2010, 06:48 AM   #3
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
I think more and more Catholics are becoming Catholics by name alone. It just gets too hard dealing with all the ignorant, hateful things that come out of the Church at times. I no longer attend Mass - I miss it badly, miss the community, but most organised religion is kinda nuts so I'm steering clear till I find a place to worship in a way that sits easy with my soul. I can't even imagine what those poor children are thinking
Probably upset and angry.
I reckon they'll wind up rejecting the teachings of a church that rejected them (and their family) and so they'll grow up without that Catholic guilt = cloud with a silver lining?
Old 03-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
stldpn
On Timeout

stldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging in

I don't describe myself as liberal. And the use of the word bisexual annoys me. But for several years I shared my life with a man and attended Catholic mass in a religious manner. I still don't see it as a contradictory thing. I never felt guilted or bullied in my home churches. But then, I have a tendency not to get involved in the type of activities that lend themself to the "family values" mindset. So far as I'm concerned, church is not really a social institution, I may know a few people well enough to say hi in the supermarket but I don't go there to hang out.
stldpn is offline   Reply With Quote