Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 05-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
velia
unabashedly obese

velia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Looking for a thigh harness

... and I'm incredibly wary about posting this. I tried to post it on the fat sexuality board, but I think I may have scared people with it. Any idea how I an remove that thread there? Perhaps I'll get a little less silence over here.

My girlfriend and I are having a hell of a time finding a thigh harness (like this: http://www.goodvibes.com/display_pro...ef=toy-2225066) that will fit us. The one I linked to fits up to a 30 inch thigh, but ours are bigger than that. Ideally, we'd have one that fit up to a 36 inch thigh. Does anyone have any idea where to get something like that? I've searched and searched Google and come up empty handed. We're kinda new to this, though, so I'm hoping someone else has a better idea of where to look. Thanks!
velia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by velia View Post
... and I'm incredibly wary about posting this. I tried to post it on the fat sexuality board, but I think I may have scared people with it. Any idea how I an remove that thread there? Perhaps I'll get a little less silence over here.

My girlfriend and I are having a hell of a time finding a thigh harness (like this: http://www.goodvibes.com/display_pro...ef=toy-2225066) that will fit us. The one I linked to fits up to a 30 inch thigh, but ours are bigger than that. Ideally, we'd have one that fit up to a 36 inch thigh. Does anyone have any idea where to get something like that? I've searched and searched Google and come up empty handed. We're kinda new to this, though, so I'm hoping someone else has a better idea of where to look. Thanks!
You should totally write Dan Savage! He'll know someone who knows where you can get one I'll bet! http://www.avclub.com/features/savage-love/
Old 05-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
velia
unabashedly obese

velia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this board

I'd never heard of Dan Savage before-- really cool advice column! Not to sound like a total wuss, but I read back a few months in the Savage Love archive-- has he previously answered questions about fat sex? Normally I'd just say whatever, and ask, but I'm timid. While I'm not new to fat sex, I am new to fat, lesbian sex. I'll work on getting up the courage to ask. Thanks, joswitch!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm not sure how often Bexy has time to lurk these days, but she may know where such an item could be found. Also you could try doing a few searches on Dims as I'm SURE there was a thread about plus size strap ons a while ago - wherever stocks those, may stock harnesses too. *shrugs*
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
GTAFA

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:

If you're willing to pay I think you should investigate something custom made. There are people who make custom corsets for example in any size. I suspect this would be doable from the same skillset, possibly using the same materials. From my first quick glance at google it seems that there's a great deal of creativity out there.

Have fun!
Old 05-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I'd never heard of Dan Savage before-- really cool advice column! Not to sound like a total wuss, but I read back a few months in the Savage Love archive-- has he previously answered questions about fat sex? Normally I'd just say whatever, and ask, but I'm timid. While I'm not new to fat sex, I am new to fat, lesbian sex. I'll work on getting up the courage to ask. Thanks, joswitch!
Ah, he has answered some fat sex q's yeah, tho' he's not like a fat positive champion he's generally ok on it - what he is great on - is sex toys and non-het, non-vanilla sex... Defo your go-to guy for that I'd say... And he knows loads of cool sex toy making peeps to consult with too...

Oh and send from a fresh googlemail and use an anacronym if you're feeling timid...?

*hugs*
Old 05-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #7
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

Quote:

P.S. Sorry - I can't belive I forgot to mention! You could just get a feeldoe and go strapless!? Job done?
http://www.feeldoe.com/
Old 05-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #8
velia
unabashedly obese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
I'm not sure how often Bexy has time to lurk these days, but she may know where such an item could be found. Also you could try doing a few searches on Dims as I'm SURE there was a thread about plus size strap ons a while ago - wherever stocks those, may stock harnesses too. *shrugs*
Sweet! I'll search the forum again. Maybe I was too specific last time I looked. I'll send Bexy a note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAFA View Post
If you're willing to pay I think you should investigate something custom made. There are people who make custom corsets for example in any size. I suspect this would be doable from the same skillset, possibly using the same materials. From my first quick glance at google it seems that there's a great deal of creativity out there.

Have fun!
We're both a little broke, but if we don't have success finding something prefabricated, we'll check that out for sure. Thanks for the cool idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post
P.S. Sorry - I can't belive I forgot to mention! You could just get a feeldoe and go strapless!? Job done?
http://www.feeldoe.com/
Those look really cool! We're interested in the thigh harness for positional purposes, so I think we'll keep looking but I think we'll keep the feeldoe in mind for a later purchase. Thanks for all your help, joswitch!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #9
velia
unabashedly obese

Just thought I'd post a little update. My girlfriend and I stopped by our favorite shop, and surprisingly, found a thigh harness there that fit both of us with slack to spare. I'll need to measure it's diameter at some point, but I know it expands to at least 38 inches. We haven't tried it out yet, but I'm stoked and thought if there were any folks local to me looking, I'd throw a link up here. We have the Malibu harness:

http://www.itsmypleasurepdx.com/page77.html

Thanks for your help everyone!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:12 AM   #10
bobbleheaddoll
loves her bhm!

bobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging in
Default thanks for the info

hi. thanks for the link.

also, you may want to take up rope

it is fairly easy to make a harness and it can be customized to whatever size you need. would also be heck of a lot cheaper.

have fun!